What's new

The Big Plant Growers Thread

H

highsteppa

Nice thread, I always fantasize about growing a few monstahs instead of a bunch of little gals, well they don't end up sp small but not like those cali pics...and yea love that compost tea/comfrey post as well, always have a patch of that stuff around, awsome compost activator and will work wonders for tendon and bone injuries

ayatayo

killer thread.....hey grandma, rootwise & the others, the (huge) plants you showed are from clones i guess? or do you sex them before transplant and then reveg?

i heard that the biggest plants are from seed...what you say?

ROOTWISE

Veteran
All of mine are from sexed seed starts planted 2/15/09 indoors. I have run cuttings before but I find the seed starts much easier for preventing early flowering.....I will try some cuttings next year with a new approach. I believe most of fisher15's are from cutting and his are ROCKIN.

killer thread.....hey grandma, rootwise & the others, the (huge) plants you showed are from clones i guess? or do you sex them before transplant and then reveg?

i heard that the biggest plants are from seed...what you say?

I normally use clones. Several years ago, when I used seeds, my plants were smaller because we grew them in containers. This year, nine are from seeds and the rest are clones. That's one of the things I'm watching for, if the yield is significantly different.
We sexed our plants before putting them in the ground. We let them go a bit too long but they revegged just fine.

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
img0328fq4.jpg

my backyard in 08

due to security concerns i dont grow monster in my garden this year and have hidden most my plants in a greenhouse but the big bitch is a leb27 x hindu kush
she yeilded apr 2 pounds
hard to say cause she had much mold to to the fact that i didnt have time to inspect for for mold each day and pull her in time due to a big harvest coming in from corn fields

the soil was machine plowed and i added a lot of rabbit manure, compost and also both pellet and liquid ( chemical fertilizer)
i have the security changes again so i can grow monster like that again
maybe next time a leb27 x double dutch
notice the fence is apr 1,8 meters and the sunflower is around 3 meters or so
the leb27 x hk was apr 2,5 meters high and 2 meters wide

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Gunnarguchi that is the nicest looking outdo garden I ever seen.

what was the yield for most of the plants. and how tall were they.

ayatayo

thanks a lot for answering RT & grandma......this thread had a lot to do with the sticky one about "preventing early spring flowering with clones"....bravo to silverback for starting them...

baet

crap i need to get on my plants, just bought a bottle of age old grow, already have super tea from guano company and EJ catalyst, and just been feeding with peaceofmind, today my plants are probably 3-4ft, and i know they could be mnuch bigger.

Shangri-la

picture.php

Here's a photo showing my field fence support...hoping that doubling them up will hold the entire plant. Trying to figure out a way to add another, wider cage. Hmmmm...

Hi Fisher,
Please explain the purpose of the skirts around the base of your plants.
Thank you.

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
The fencing 'cage' around the plants is meant to support it for later in the season, as well as I find they really help in bushing things out. I bend arms through the cage, which exposes the center to more light. I need to get up pictures, but I've been adding a larger diameter outer cage that is 8' tall and about 5' diameter but rests on the ground outside the planters. I'm going for something like GG, where the cage supports the buds but I think also having that inner cage will only help. Check my thread, I talk a lil more about em. Peace

MntBerry

@ grandma & fisher. well done guys, it's not often I see grows that realy impress me. you guys deffinately know what you're doing.

here's my current grow

Donkey Dick @ 2.5 months
cc_bigdd2andhalfmonths.jpg

stalk

cc_bigdd2_5monthsstalk.jpg

purple indica

cc_purpleindicareveg1_5months.jpg

cc_1monthrevegblackvelvet.jpg

nomaad

Veteran
Wow... Donkey Dick certainly lives up to his name. I think its begging for a breeding project with Super Silver Haze to create the "Long Dong Silver."

The leaf size on the Puple Indy is really amazing. Or is that the hand of your 7 year old garden slave?

How big are your holes?

MntBerry

my holes are about 3 1/2 ft in diamiter and about 6 feet deep. some holes are bigger though.

also those are old pics btw.

these were taken today

DD
cc_DDaalmostt3months.jpg

another DD

cc_DD2atalmost3months.jpg

purple indica

cc_pureprplindicaat3months.jpg

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
Thanks MB

Your garden looks quite nice itself...PI is some good meds and yeah some huge ass fans, wow. I must say though, that holes six feet deep are excessive. Seems the consensus is that roots spread out more than down. Nonetheless, some nice looking plants, you're keeping them happy:)

N-you're pure comedy bro, someone should make the cross. Sounds like an OD breadwinner for sure. Haha

radvancan

ICMag Donor
Veteran
High :wave:
Last year monstrous stem :yoinks::yoinks::yoinks:
This year that will not, circumstances did, but now make room for the new season .... :yeahthats
*Northen Lights*

*Southafrican Kwazulu*
40241IMG_01831.JPG

nomaad

Veteran
Thanks MB
I must say though, that holes six feet deep are excessive. Seems the consensus is that roots spread out more than down.

This is why I special ordered my 200 gal smartpots. They are wider and shallower than a standard 200.

MntBerry

lots of rock around was a bitch just getting them that wide, hard pan at about 3 feet. and that doesn't drain all too well. sucks up plenty of water, but.

also 6ft was our deepest most were around 4-5ft. I think we even had a 3ft one.

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
Hear that about the rock, it's all I've got as well...

Did you use a backhoe? I'd like to get one in here, dig up the back of my plot for next year and go in-ground on some. I've got leech lines under the first 40' or so I'd rather not destroy...

N-did your buddy with the 14# BD grow in a hole, large in-ground bed, or raised planter? Like I said, I'm sure at even 300 gallons, the plant is limited in growth. And I don't like that.

MntBerry

we had to choose our spots carefully so most of the rocks we encouter we could dig out with a pic ax or bar. took some work but we managed.

G

Nice plants!!

Gunnar, she's a beauty
radvancan, that one hell of a NL stem!

Damn MB, you must be burying bodies in those holes.!

I went out the other day and took some pics and i must have gotten water from dew on my lens because when i got back every pic was clouded and odd so ill head back out soon.