What's new

The Big Plant Growers Thread

jackel

actually the reason i went to hand watering this yr was because last yr i had some unusual deaths. i thought perhaps i watered too much. i i thought if i hand watered i would be able to judge how much the needed when they needed better.. but i wish i would have went with my drip system.

Madhemp

Man....I'm watering 1 gallon twice a day (no drainage) x my counties limit of 10. I can't imagine upping that by 10 to 20x. My main problem at the site is water pressure. I run my well water through a softener and an RO system then pump it up to holding/treating tanks at the high point of the property, but at that point I am on gravity feed to the grow site. there is only a few feet of drop so running a drip system is difficult. it would not work with drip emmiters and worked but not very well with drip sprinkler heads (its worked as the emergency back up, but I would not want to rely on it). I guess what I need to figure out is how to pressurize after my treatment/holding tank.

Madhemp

I'm not sure what that is, (ok, its a pump and it is solar powered that much i figured), but I will look into it, thanks for the idea!

E

elmanito

Meet 'Godzilla' from China :D

picture.php

Namaste :smoweed: :canabis:

Madhemp

I guess I am going to have to learn a little about irrigation. Born in the burbs... water just comes out of the faucet...yards were small.... no hills. I will let you all know what I come up with...

MH

nomaad

Veteran
y not use a small pressure tank?

my house is on a well pump with a small pressure tank... Its awesome. Great pressure in the shower at least 15 feet above pump level (Mad Hemp- when pumping water in any way, altitude differences will come into play... a weak pump can lose half or more of its pressure by simply having the end of the hose a few feet lower than the pump it is connected to)..

Anyhow... i would love to have the same kind of pump set up for feeding, but have to figure out a way to mix nutes and then charge the pressure tank with the solution... Shouldn't be too difficult to figure out.

I started with little plastic hydroponics pump... worthless. Moved up to an Ace hardware 1/4 HP pump... wound up handwatering with buckets because the flow on the 1/4 took about 3 times as long as buckets to complete... Now I have a 1/2 HP sump pump... and it works well. I'll probably upgrade to a 1 HP pump OR a pressure tank as you advise.

MadHemp: I have the same upbringing, but made sure to break it down later in life... I spent 5 years homesteading a chunk of raw land in the tropics... that'll teach you quick to unlearn the dumbing down of our natural survival skills that being born and raised in the burbs causes.

dread

Veteran

this is my own creation,Dread's Delicious
mother was a WW,father unknown

Manitoba medecine by Greens
grtz
Dread

jackel

nomaad to mix nutes, use a Youngs mixer proportioner after ur pressure tank inline. they are pretty cheap compared to some other devices and works great. iv used it for like 6 yrs

3rd I

Hey Jackel, just curious...what type of nutes do you use? what's your application rate with the proportioner?....thanks

jackel

i use age old organics. and i set my proportioner to 30:1 (max setting). straight nutes in the tank, never burned a plant with it set that high either.

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
here's my big TREE this year..

a ChemDog IX-II from Rez
DSCN1498.jpg

and
DSCN1504.jpg
ps it might not look it but it's a 6 foot 'er
peace
Chefboy

nomaad

Veteran
30:1 is the max setting? by max, do you mean highest or lowest nute concentration possible.

i already have a pressure tank system set up on the whole property. i did look for a proportioner when I was originally trying to solve my pressure problem... didn't even know what it was called... nobody at the feed stores could point me in the right direction. i think when i finally did find something, i couldn't afford it.

I will look into the one u mention.