What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The best technology of LED lightining at moment 2020?

Fixer

The first three pics are of new Sinowell Flexstar 720W fixtures I just unboxed and humg. They are a much more polished product than the Forever Green Indoors, Uniformity Pro 640W fixtures I've been using for a while. They both claim to use Samsung and Osram LEDs. I've had great results with the FGI 640s. We'll see if the Sinowell fixtures stand up.

Attachments

• IMG_4449.jpg
    IMG_4449.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_4451.jpg
    IMG_4451.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_4455.jpg
    IMG_4455.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_4453.jpg
    IMG_4453.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_4450.jpg
    IMG_4450.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 46

indagroove

Veteran
I use a somewhat atypical LED setup, which is composed of HLG's QB96 elite v2 engines. The main difference between the QB96 and most typical quantum boards, is that the QB96 uses high-powered diodes, as opposed to the more typical mid-power diodes. This means that the LED's can deliver more than 2-watts per diode for strong canopy penetration, or be run much softer for better efficiency. The QB96 uses a white diode which is more blue than most flowering fixtures (4k I think), plus additional 630nm and 660nm diodes, which produces a spectrum which the plants seem to like quite a lot:

EliteSpectrum_1024x1024.jpg

Elite1_1024x1024.JPG

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
I need a new cob LED grow light. Mine is getting old and one of the 4 corner light panels as has died. Mine is a 230 watt cob led grow lamp.
I wanted to order from Amazon but I don't know which one to get. There are so many choice. The most I'm willing to spend is a few $100.

The lamp i have now is 9 years old.

The grow space size is 4ft tall x 3ft wide x 9 ft long.

I've got a plant 2 wweks into flowering cycle. And I need to get the light ASAP.

You in put needed.
Thanks.

Is 600watt it too many watts for the size space i have to work with?
The grow space size is 4ft tall x 3ft wide x 9 ft long.

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
The first three pics are of new Sinowell Flexstar 720W fixtures I just unboxed and humg. They are a much more polished product than the Forever Green Indoors, Uniformity Pro 640W fixtures I've been using for a while. They both claim to use Samsung and Osram LEDs. I've had great results with the FGI 640s. We'll see if the Sinowell fixtures stand up.

This light is very similar with our FC6500. :shucks:

DrLongbottom

Veteran
fluence and gavita figured it out, look for someone copying their winning formulas if you want to save some money.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I had to take 2 years off of hobby for personal reasons, and looking to get back into it. I have 1200watts of Vero 29 Gen 7's for one 4 X 8 tent, but thinking of running 2 tents. Is there a cheap source of them and power supplies, or is there something else with more bang for the buck. More concerned with electric cost/efficiency than initial outlay for lights.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Vero aint bad really. I think the Samsung LM301H is still at the top though with just over 3umol/J

Loc Dog

Veteran
Vero aint bad really. I think the Samsung LM301H is still at the top though with just over 3umol/J

Do you know of a good cheap supplier? I was getting from timber GL, but no longer sell kits, and do not like the way they space the lights for a 4 X 8 tent.

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
I had to take 2 years off of hobby for personal reasons, and looking to get back into it. I have 1200watts of Vero 29 Gen 7's for one 4 X 8 tent, but thinking of running 2 tents. Is there a cheap source of them and power supplies, or is there something else with more bang for the buck. More concerned with electric cost/efficiency than initial outlay for lights.

Have a look at our models. Maybe you will be interested. :D

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Do you know of a good cheap supplier? I was getting from timber GL, but no longer sell kits, and do not like the way they space the lights for a 4 X 8 tent.

If you don't putting in a few screws, Kingbrite are serious contenders. The most common unit is the 240w made from two 288 boards. They are cheaper than half a 480 and easier to manage/post. 5 such units should be ample. Cost about 50c a Watt, plus p&p.

Loc Dog

Veteran
If you don't putting in a few screws, Kingbrite are serious contenders. The most common unit is the 240w made from two 288 boards. They are cheaper than half a 480 and easier to manage/post. 5 such units should be ample. Cost about 50c a Watt, plus p&p.

Will take a look. A had to build the last ones, buying angle aluminum, and spacing to fit tent perfectly. Found cutter in Australia, will have to search some more. I have no income so have to be bottom feeder. Was getting well over a gram a watt trimmed and dried to 63%. Maybe 1.2 .

Kingbrite looks great, but only see through Alibaba so far. Amazon/Ebay do not seem to sell.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Ordered 2 240 kingbrite 10 days ago and will test then tomorrow. Bang for buck would ve even better if u just order the led boards and diy the rest. I'm not so good at diy and couldn't find the boards with the cree 660 added without ir and fr so i went with the 240 with separate heat sink.
Was with customs and delivery about 1euro per watt to europe.

Kingbrite was helpfull on there own with customs but i refused. Would have safed me the extra 120 but that was a too big risk for me as i read on other forum some customs already know kingbrite

Koondense

Veteran
Veros are still top performing cobs, so no reason to switch to anything else, except if your pockets are stuffed with cash :)

What exactly is the problem you have with them?

Cheers

Loc Dog

Veteran
Veros are still top performing cobs, so no reason to switch to anything else, except if your pockets are stuffed with cash :)

What exactly is the problem you have with them?

Cheers

Seller now makes there own units and does not sell components. Having problems winding another cheap dealer. Think I paid $375 for 4 cobs with 2 power supplies. Was running at 100-110 watts each.

Lotto

I know nothing about retail LED fixtures. I make my own SIL panels for next to nothing in cost. But just saw this on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Luminpool-Dimmable-Spectrum-Function-Hydroponic/dp/B08FSLC9Z8

10% discount on 1st light purchased and 25% off each light up to 5. Code for 25% off is
HFPK5VEY. First light would cost $50.

Koondense

Veteran
LocDog,

it's a quite high price for 4 veros with two drivers. If you need something to add to your cobs, check HLG QB96 v2 on heatsinks, a great option for cob-like handling but with a better spectrum.

Cheers