What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

the best strain to avoid panic attacks

wantaknow

ruger 500
Veteran
i would second the aurora indica,hi quality lower price ,top shelf skywalker og,hi cbd strain catatonic by resin seeds ,your ass will lock down on the couch like a pitbull in a fight

devilgoob

Veteran
I really believe people getting paranoid or panic attacks can be changed simply with CBD levels so high, you don't get high, you get baked stupid and that's what an overactive, panicky mind needs is an anxiolytic.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If your not a regular user you need to start with low quality cannabis over time you will be able to move up to the better stuff. Starting off with high grade will trigger panic attacks. thats what I had to do..

airplane

go to medical marijuana strains, they recommend different strains for the type of medical problem you have. marijuana dispenseries can also help you

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hammerhead, and all the others that mention starting out slow, low dose, lower quality weed, are right on track. Then again, you could wait until this new weed that Don't get you high is developed and go with it. Be Well..DD

wolfhoundaddy

Veteran
trim

trim

My wife just started smoking on a regular basis for anxiety and sleep disorders. She can't handle the bud but instead is smoking the small leaf trim. It definitely helped rid her of nightmares.

U

ulven

Calming Kush

Calming Kush

I would say chocolate chunk by th seeds.
Perfect for adhd :)

very simple just inhale air , panic from weed means your not grounded in reality enough to handle it, probally nothing but sexual represion to be honest.

U

ulven

Quality organic

Quality organic

I can say for sure that hydro weed gives me anxiety ,its harder on the head.
I have found out that by growing organically and letting the plant mature enough i can even smoke sativas that is high in thc . Another imortant issue is curing. If i smoke fresh dried bud it gives me anxiety for sure. When its been stored 2 months + its usually more of a mellow sweet experience .
The Quality of the bud was the answer for me.
Now i only get anxiety if something scary happens.
When my body feels more stressed i use indica and when im relaxed i use sativa.
:ying:

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
its down to the specific high a plant has imo,, and people always forget that there could be some pre existing physical/dietary reason why cannabis causes the anxiety at all,, that could need looking at..

the quality of the bud can be a pretty deceptive measure of its thc profile,, ive bought crap looking african sativas and thai bush that would cause some serious problems for someone with some predisposition to having anxiety if they smoked to much,,

and ive found afghans seem to be great for people that are liable to panic for whatever reason,,

salamandra

hi Fakemilhouse,
I'm not that experienced with weed but what i have discovered so far is that ganja works as an amplifier. It amplifies my senses and my mood. So when am happy it makes me more happy and relaxed but if im upset or sad about something it will make me focus more on those feelings.

So my advise to you is this: if you've got issues with your self, perhaps you should try and straitening them out and make peace with your self first before getting deeper in to the cannabis use!

What is you relationship with your folks, can you talk with them?
Do you have any senior friends you can talk to? I have found my self that senior people have always been very helpful to me with good quality advice.

Peace bro!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
blueberry is the best i can recommend, and perhaps have a beer or something as well - some people may frown upon this advice but it will make you less introspective and more confident.
something to focus on like a movie or craft or something you are comfortable with and in a place you are comfortable with

personally i love bubba kush too but it's quite potent and can give me 'morbid' thoughts sometimes, so personally i wouldnt recommend that.
maple leaf indica would be better imo.

danut

Thanks to all
I overcame panic attacks due to psychotherapy without medication of shit but I have not touched most grass
I since then I have not approached the more cannabis (8 years have passed) but now I want to start smoking again
The first attacks began just under the influence of grass (it was already 5 years that I smoked assiduously)
I would like some advice on the approach, most spinel or vaporizer
indicates there any quality specification for this?

Thanks again to all

The compounds found in camomile tea are also in some strains of cannabis.

So use a GC/MS to identify those compounds and only use strains that contain those compounds ..

Or drink a cup of tea with your cannabis.

Just sayin' this can be a complex or simple as you like.

AVOID strains that have THCV. This is a cannabis accelerator. Herbal speed. When concentrated and mixed with concentrated THC, you can easily get a visit from Donald Duck or Mickey Mouse. Some folks don't like that shit .. And it makes people edgy .. concentrated edgy? maybe not today.

Latest posts

Latest posts