What's new

THE BEST ROCK GUITAR PLAYERS THREAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LUDACRIS

Veteran
The best by far is Jimi. It's only my opinion, but I'm sure a lot of people agree with me. I wouldn't lead off a Best Rock Guitarists thread with Mark Knopfler and The Edge and post-Cream Clapton and people like that.

Everyone has their own opinions and thats good.

For real? A whole thread on guitarists and no one mentioned Randy Rhodes? zakk wylde, but not Randy Rhodes? The solo in Mr. Crowley melts my face off every time. Clapton, Satriani, those guys rock, but thats old people music these days, Jimi has stood the test of time, and is still the man. Clapton has nothing on All Along The Watchtower, amazing song. Dave Mustain and Chris Broderick are also pretty badass. Best of all time though, without dispute, Dimebag Darrell.

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
For real? A whole thread on guitarists and no one mentioned Randy Rhodes? zakk wylde, but not Randy Rhodes? The solo in Mr. Crowley melts my face off every time. Clapton, Satriani, those guys rock, but thats old people music these days, Jimi has stood the test of time, and is still the man. Clapton has nothing on All Along The Watchtower, amazing song. Dave Mustain and Chris Broderick are also pretty badass. Best of all time though, without dispute, Dimebag Darrell.

You beat me to it bro'. By one minute! RIP Dime. The music world is not the same without him!

Status
Not open for further replies.