What's new

THE BEST ROCK GUITAR PLAYERS THREAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LUDACRIS

Veteran
:wave:what's up Luda
:tiphat: to U2....love the music they put out...

But my nod would have to be a tie between Gilmour and Hendrix, oh shit, then there's Slash from GN'R....too tough for me to narrow down to just one...oop's, lets not forget (sleep now in the fire just came on) Zach Wylde from Rage, I guess those are my favs from diff categories that i listen 2...not just one.:dunno:

Plenty more U2 to come as i am a mass fan with every CD.

CHRIS.
(going to see slash in edinburgh on the 1st of july).
(and snoop dogg on the 4th of july in glasgow).
:)

KarmasWheele

Veteran
Im sure hes here somewhere but if not shame on all of you......because hands down for skill set ,technique,composition,and melodic/tonal quality.......Joe Satriani is top of the heap people......believe the hype.

LUDACRIS

Veteran
Im sure hes here somewhere but if not shame on all of you......because hands down for skill set ,technique,composition,and melodic/tonal quality.......Joe Satriani is top of the heap people......believe the hype.

Just your opinion mate and he is far from the best guitarist.
(Never even heard of the guy).

LUDA.

The best by far is Jimi. It's only my opinion, but I'm sure a lot of people agree with me. I wouldn't lead off a Best Rock Guitarists thread with Mark Knopfler and The Edge and post-Cream Clapton and people like that.

LUDACRIS

Veteran
The best by far is Jimi. It's only my opinion, but I'm sure a lot of people agree with me. I wouldn't lead off a Best Rock Guitarists thread with Mark Knopfler and The Edge and post-Cream Clapton and people like that.

Jimmy was a lost cause and is never better than clapton,the edge,knofler,slash and many more to mention.

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
Gotta be Alex Lifeson of Rush.
Here doing Xanadu. If you've never heard Xanadu it's worth the 9:40 it takes to watch this live performance of it. Still drags out the double guitar for this song, needs that 12 string.

Xanadu

Hell yeah, Alex is hugely under rated! As is Rush as a whole.

Xanadu is my favorite Rush song. :ying:

KarmasWheele

Veteran
I like lime light........also liked the hold your fire album.....very under rated.....I agree satch likes those 80's metal style rythams...gets old..but his playing allways brings me to a better place......his warm sound gets into my soul.

LUDACRIS

Veteran
slash by himself? Or he still got that snake pit thing going?

No its from his solo album tour.
Snake pit is long dead. His last band was velvet revolver and i went to see the as well but slash is solo now and his new main singer is Myles Kennedy. I got the album when it came out and its some good stuff on there.

ROCK ON SLASH.
:headbange:headbange:headbange:headbange:headbange:headbange:headbange:headbange:headbange:headbange:headbange:headbange:headbange:headbange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts