What's new

The best hps bulb, bulbs competition.

W

Wariat

and i really dont think spectral charts prove much anyway

Yeah so, why the results of this test coincide with what others are saying about best bulb on the market ???

I know this thread says HPS bulb, but IMO if your using magnetic ballast's, and your running 400w and under, than the CMH is THE best bulb, PERIOD...Simple MH conversion bulb that works on any magnetic HPS ballast...Same spectrum as the Hortilux Blue Halide (best bulb there is IMO) at about 1/2 the price

I've tried just about all the others and the CMH just KICKS THEIR ASSES hands down!!!

DL'ed this, since everyone's throwin down graphs and all...Lotsa blue to keep things bushy and somewhat short, with plenty red for flowering...BAM there it is

Hi Remus

Yes, its true about CMH but you have to take under the consideration that the efficiency of CMH is much lower than the HPS. Also, to much blue light its not so good for flowering, because its making buds leafier and light packed.

But as you mention about cmh, check this out.

Philips CMD-T 35-250W 830 and 942. Each with different temperature colour. Check this spectrum graphs...

This is MASTERCOLOUR CDM-T 942. Identical as a hps retro white..
picture.php

And this is MASTERCOLOUR CDM-T 830. Much more red spectrum..

picture.php

I think, than this is the way to go with CMH :)

Good luck

Uncle Remus

Wariat

I'd have to TOTALLY disagree...None of the bud I have ever grown with the CMH have ever been light or airy...And the quality is superior to none that I have used yet...Does this look light or airy...Think not brother

Medium yielding Double Strawberry Diesel pheno from Reservoir Seeds...Remember the spectrum on the Retro CMH is almost the same as the Eye Hortilux Blue halides...The blue in the CMH being no good for flowering is BS...Nobody grows or gets weed that's as good as the shit I grow...I've had peeps grow out some cuts of my shit and they ask me "Is this the same cut as your shit we smoked before...How come mine doesn't taste like yours"...

I let them wonder...