What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"The Best Dam Grow Show"

Woa. I dig this room a lot. Probably one of the most stealthy grows I've seen, and it's sure to push out some weight. I'm excited to watch this one!

oncew again can you provide any more specifics on how you made the door?(lumber size, how it stays shut without a stick out a handle Etc.?)

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Ok guys clones are rooting and seeds are germing room will be up and running very soon within 10 days...

Until next time be safe and take care!

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Hey blazeoneup,

great to hear you are nearly ready to start this grow show. can't wait to see how they do in such a well thought out set up. so you will have both seeds and clones in there to start with? i can't wait...

peace :wave:

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
blazeoneup said:
Ok guys clones are rooting and seeds are germing room will be up and running very soon within 10 days...

Until next time be safe and take care!

:woohoo: :woohoo:

I guess my offer was unnecessary then :D

Cannot wait to see that great room fied up. Whatcha got goin' in?

G

blaze1up

Howz it bro? Man i am in awe. That is one kick ass room. I will be patient enough to see how it grows. im sending good karma vibes your way happy harvest bro.. ill be back soon.peace..

420ponics

I can't wait until I can go all out like that! Looking A+ as usually buddy! Keep it up! I know you'll keep us informed and up-to-date!

Ponics. :joint:

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
bushisthedevil1 said:
oncew again can you provide any more specifics on how you made the door?(lumber size, how it stays shut without a stick out a handle Etc.?)

Hello bushisthedevil

Ok i am going to explain.The frame for the door is built using standard 2x4's and the lock is just a standard dead bolt lock. How did i manage to install a deabolt and keep it un-visible to the naked eye.Pretty simple really i first measured and built the door frame then i pre measured and marked for my shelfs. After that i needed to install the deadbolt where the lock mechanism was dead center to one of the shelfs. So i measured and marked out my 1" area and went off it to mount the deadbolt.

To mount the deadbolt i used a double stacked set of 2x4's Mounted directly center to where i wanted the dead bolt using a 2&3/4" bit i drilled through the 2x4's deep enough to sink the lock into the frame deep enough to be flush with the framing so the drywall would go over top of it smoothly.Then using a 2&1/2" bit centered i finished drilling through the second 2x4 now the lock can be reached from inside the room and its holding the lock mechanism and everything nice and tightly if you used the 2&3/4" bit to drill completely through the whole deadbolt would slide completely through from one side to the next.Thats why you drill it out the rest of the way with a 2&1/2" bit...

Now i had to cut the drywall out for the frame and i simply drilled a 1/2" hole into the drywall which now covers the key hole so i can easily insert a key to unlock it. Then i bought a cheapo cabinet door handle and i placed it horizontal with the shelf , center to the lock hole and i screwed it in. Now i just remove the door handle and built the shelfs and now once i remove the handle and put the shelfs in the hole for the screws to hold the handle are covered by the shelf as well as the 1/2" hole for the key so when the shelfs are in place no key hole or handle is visible. To get in i simply remove 3 shelfs screw on the handle using the original screw holes stationed behind the shelfs and using the key unlock and the door and go in come out pull it shut lock it remove the handle and put the shelfs in pretty simple takes just a few seconds to do...

Hope this helps you!

Last edited:

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
VT sup man hope all is well thanks for stopping in!

Gaiusmarius thanks for stopping in be sure to check back in a couple weeks going to be exiting.

Nite tiger i'll be keeping an eye out for you, dont worry i still have the paisley.

Guest2 thanks for the kind words they are appreciated.

420ponics thanks for dropping by!

NZJAY wassup man hope all is well, I will get back to your thread soon as i can until then drop the Nute Strength and keep on track hope it turns out well...

B

buzzed day

hello blazeoneup i'm looking forward to the show and i'm so happy you and hempcat kept encourageing me to grow on og. thanks and goodluck.PEACE

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
I transplanted the seedlings into 24 oz cups and some soil they will be rooting the cups why the clones are rooting in the bubble cloner in 7 days this grow should be in full swing.

b.t.w. blaze, my room is about at the 60% level. the entire thing is framed, floor is in, i am adding a couple of built in cabinets, but once again i have to give you props for being the original and best.

i am also going to be using your recirculating dwc looks like you are the
masta :yoinks: :smoker:

Last edited:
B

buzzed day

hello,sorry about mistake thinking you were someone else.i was really high that day!!but i like your grow
peace [hello blazeoneup i'm looking forward to the show and i'm so happy you and hempcat kept encourageing me to grow on og. thanks and goodluck.PEACE]other post lol sorry again

Last edited: