What's new

The Bad Girls Club!!!!

jalajaslet

OMountain, Thank you so much for your input. One of the caregivers in my local compassion club just did a demo yesterday for me . It consisted of two 5 gallon buckets with lids and a small bag of tubing that connected to a pump. It looked much like it would be easier for me. You are right on two counts... I do have a back problem (broken in 4 places in 2000) and I also have low plant count. right now I have 4 in flower for 3 more weeks and 1 clone of strawberry cough x double dutch. I also have started the Sweetest Cindy 99 gifted by Dutchgrown, (although only one has sprouted so far despite all having a good 1-1.5 inch tails prior to planting), and am awaiting some crosses from another breeder (to be disclosed later), however I will still be well below allowable plant count and this is mostly do to the difficulty I have lugging 5 gallon pots full of soil around..

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well Ive spent the last 2 days at a different collective, hanging out and volunteering my time hoping it turns into something more. The people that are running, owners what ever they are are pretty cool. We will see where this goes. Maybe someday I'll be running this one, its had a few owners since its been open, keepin my fingers crossed.

OMountain, Thank you so much for your input. One of the caregivers in my local compassion club just did a demo yesterday for me . It consisted of two 5 gallon buckets with lids and a small bag of tubing that connected to a pump. It looked much like it would be easier for me. You are right on two counts... I do have a back problem (broken in 4 places in 2000) and I also have low plant count. right now I have 4 in flower for 3 more weeks and 1 clone of strawberry cough x double dutch. I also have started the Sweetest Cindy 99 gifted by Dutchgrown, (although only one has sprouted so far despite all having a good 1-1.5 inch tails prior to planting), and am awaiting some crosses from another breeder (to be disclosed later), however I will still be well below allowable plant count and this is mostly do to the difficulty I have lugging 5 gallon pots full of soil around..

This is O's Husband responding to this post, please don't mind me hijacking her login!

I see you are from my home state of MI, I grew up there but moved 10 years ago. I lived in a lovely little city/town very close to Sag and B City.

I know how labor intensive soil is. I did the dirt thing for YEARS and I will tell you without a doubt the best grass I ever grew was in soil, using Guano/wormcastings and a variety of other soil conditioning. Hydro done well is 95-99% as good as soil and the yield is far better, there is much less labor, but cleaning gear can be a chore (doing it well is not always easy)

One of the chief advantages of hydro is that pumps can carry any amount of water anywhere you need it. That saves an enormous amount of effort! For example i may fill a 5gal or larger container in a shower/tub, then use a battery powered pump attached to a long hose which i can drop into this large container, turn on and pump out all the water to anywhere I need it to go. Rez, cloners etc.

Waterfarms (from GH) are simple/cheap and can grow very large plants. In a limited plant count situation I would go with a large(very) perpetual tree grow.

One of my all time fav ways to grow is aero! the 14 plant turbogardens under a 600W are quite nice. It really gives wonderful yield. I take Grape Krush cuttings straight from the EZ cloner at 12in and flower the same day. I have grown over 1LB from a single system under a 600W Gavita reflector lamp without really doing anything but mixing and pumping!

I do know of 2 or 3 good local MI painkilling strains: Pinconning Paralyzer and something called Black Stick. The PP was LEGENDARY when I was growing up. The Black Stick was around the Tri-City area a few years ago.

The third was Mother of Pearl, it had one of the better body highs i have ever had from smoking (as opposed to eating)

I actually have mixed seeds from MI that contain Black Stick, I may have to grow more out. Those same seeds contained the Afghani (from my very best estimations) father I used in the "O" cross.

I suffer from pain myself (Arthritis, diagnosed at age 12. I have it in most all of my joints but my hands,knees and back are worst. I can't bend my fingers backwards... at all) Ganja Butter helps quite a bit, when making it I don't use gloves while straining. The butter soaks through into my hands, they relax and range of motion improves/pain is greatly reduced. Sometimes I find smoking does not reduce pain and only eating will, odd no? Im sure it has to do with the liver/metabolism.

Hope I was of some help, if you have any questions fell free to ask myself or my lovely wife.

Mr. Mountain

I should add (this is OMM now and not Mr. Mountain) that we were talking about the Grape Krush yesterday and that the high on the GK is one that really sticks with you AND to which you don't seem to grow a tolerance. My hubby was showing me some threads where DJ Short was giving his philosophy on what he looks for in pot and what traits he tries to breed in and the GK is classic in meeting his criteria for good pot. I know that some people in other threads were saying they had low rates of germination with the GK, but my hubby said that he had 100% germination. It really smells and tastes super sweet and the high is great.

On the cleaning gear tip for hydro, I swear that the reason we don't get the slime and other nasty things has a lot to do with how well I clean the gear. I scrub everything down with a clean, fresh scrubby and a little anti-bacterial soap. I make sure that I get is CLEAN. REally, it's not too bad to do the cleaning. I've got it down to a system now. First, I take the bottom of the stalk in my hand and bang it on the inside of a bucket to get loose rocks off. Then I dump remaining loose rocks from the hydo system into that bucket. Then I dump the bucket into the tub and start rinsing. I take handfuls of the rocks and hold them under water to rinse. I rinse all the loose rock two times, bake in the over for a few hours at 500 degrees and there you go. I WAS doing a second rinse and bake, but my hubby thinks that they are fine after the first go around now, probably because I'm doing the second rinse before ever baking. Then I take the root ball and run it under water and work out the hydro rocks that are in there. Those get a good two rinses and a bake cycle.

I use q-tips to get into any crevasses of the gear to make sure nothing nasty is lurking somewhere to carry disease, rot, or fungus to the new plant that goes in the system. The hard part is leaning over the side of the tub to do the cleaning, I think that might bother your back, but if you have a friend that you trust, maybe you'd be able to trade some herb for some labor??? There might also be a way to do the cleaning at a sink or something like that. I just like the tub b/c the strainer in the drain is not going to let any rocks down the drain.

M

MrsEvlme2

Like you said Mrs B. stuff is replaceable; y'all are ok. It's a good perspective to have. Been ticking off the chores to get back into flower myself, hope you ladies are enjoying the fruits of your labors.
OMM those are some stocks you got there honey!
Those pics are righteous to!
So, I was thinking of trying Humboldt Nutrients out this time round; Oneness/organic grow/ Humboldt Honey ES. Anyone tried their goods and have some thoughts?
I am kinda partial to the Flora Nova and reluctant to make this switch but my homie says you don't get salt build up with Humboldt Nutrients like with other products so I am thinking at least for the moms I should give em a try.

:2cents:
Are you having a salt problem? Why change from Flora Nova if it's working for you?

L

LolaGal

Lola have you seen that seksi Rez around? :) Where he be hiding :bump:

I dunno. I ain't seen him....

Let me call for him... maybe he will hear us!

'Oh Reeeeeezzzzzzz!" Where are you?????"

Trichy he never did respond to our offer to take him across the world hareem tour did he? ;)

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
spanking.jpg

hehheeh

All I have to say is that the chem dog double diesel is super trichy (no pun intended), rocks your world, and YIELDS. it's a champ and everyone loves it. Our partner would be happy growing nothing but CD3.

We got quite a few beans sprouting, check out where my husband edited my genetics list and he seems to have added which ones are sprouting. It's a few pages back. Yumminess.

Now I have to know where everyone is getting these crazy looking smileys for their posts!

Latest posts

Latest posts