What's new

The Aussie Flora and Fauna thread ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sat X RB

I 've never seen a nest either, Guys ... or a bird ... but the blue plastic cap gave me a clue. some friends down at Kyogle lose anything blue off their verandah that's small enuf for a bower bird to carry away.
ha, ha, they lost a pair of trimming scissors ... said no worries, they'll be down at the bower bird's nest. no they weren't ... but a different brand belonging to the bloke next door was there instead!

Saibai

栽培して収穫しましょう!
Veteran
Went to Hervey Bay and Fraser Island a week or two ago, saw a shitload of Humpback whales on their way south with their calves., right up close...breaching, the works. The wifey couldn't get a good shot, but here ya go:

We were lucky enough to see a nice young male Dingo on the beach on Fraser too:

And some Rainbows on the balcony (dime a dozen, I know :) )

S

Sat X RB

funny thing, the Dingoes at my place are not aggressive. ever. must be because they have enuf wild food ... unlike the situation for them on Fraser.

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
Wild dogs crossed with dingoes are a major problem here in N/E Vic. We shoot them on sight. There is also a $100.00 bounty for each dog/dingo and a $10.00 bounty for foxes. They have to be scalped and taken to various locations to claim the bounty.

I'm going dog/dingo hunting for the next few days. Pure bred dingoes are few and far between...the rest are an interbred mix and kill sheep, cattle, native wildlife and will eventually kill people. They have a pack mentality and are aggressive. I quite enjoy shooting them....all legal.

N

noyd666

never had the chance to shoot dingos, locality, but wiped plenty o foxes out down kurrumburra way, long while back ,take there ears down to council and get payed seven and sixpence lol. a set of ears. not sure but think that was the price of a packet of 22 cal bullets.

Rumblefish

picture.php

N

noyd666

lol ,yo bro a fortune. might add the gov down here wastes out millions for foxes that they cant find lol what a racket, nice when things are legal.

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
never had the chance to shoot dingos, locality, but wiped plenty o foxes out down kurrumburra way, long while back ,take there ears down to council and get payed seven and sixpence lol. a set of ears. not sure but think that was the price of a packet of 22 cal bullets.

We use more grunt than a .22 up here on the wild dogs. Has to be a centerfire.

S

Sat X RB

Eucalyptus Maculata (Spotted Gum) Coast Range South Queensland

Eucalyptus Maculata (Spotted Gum) Coast Range South Queensland

Possibly the most common Eucalypt in East Oz ... and undoubtedly one of the most beautiful ...

here's a shot of a mature tree showing how big they grow (altho the big tree in the picture is not a large one by any means!) and another shot of tree trunks to explain it's common name.

the trees get new bark this time of the year making them particularly colorful.

cheers all ...

picture.php

picture.php

N

noyd666

LIKE TO SEE THE FULL TREE, MUST BE BLOODY MASSIVE. NEVER SEEN THAT BUGGER BEFORE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts