What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Army Brat Grow Box Builder

SpacedCWBY

Veteran
Thanks for the tip. I'm going to start out with 1 400w in the flower side seeing as that's what I'm about to do. I'll put my other 400 in the other side to veg. We'll go from there. Going to upgrade to the 600s shortly. We'll see how the fan does with the 400s first though. If need be, the fan I use is cheap enough to add another. The box I've got going now is keeping at 70 with the fan and 1 400. I put 2 400's in and it get's upto 85. But that's in the same chamber. We'll see how it goes...

Spaced...

Last edited:

SpacedCWBY

Veteran
Almost done! I have the kids starting to flowing that half of the box. Still need to get the clone/veg side door on. Just put a piece of insulation over the door for now though.

Fan is keeping temps right on. About 72 in there all the time now. Little cooler than in their last home. They'll get down to the mid 60's when the light goes off though. Maybe we'll get a nice color show. I've got the veg side's exhaust port blocked right now, but am very happy with the climate so far. We'll see when I fire up that other 400.

Still contemplating the 600's. We'll see how this goes with the 400's for now.

Enjoy!

SpacedCWBY

Veteran
Well, I've got it functional. I'll say that much. I put the veg/clone/seedling side door on the other day. Temps get a little warm - 85+. But I don't have a fan inside there yet. The fan in the flower side has been keeping temps in that part in the 70's. Very nice! I do wish I would have made it a little taller though. We'll see what happens!

Got the foil bubblewrap wall idea from Mr Postman. He did a much better job with it than I did though. My roll had a few crinkles in it and I couldn't get it it to smooth out as I would have liked.

Here are a couple shots of the new nursery. Got 20 Lowryder beans and 5 troublemakers in jiffy cubes right now. 6 LR's have popped and 3 of the TM's are showing through.

I like the setup so far. It looks like it's modular. Do you have a pic with it all together? I've been thinking of a similar setup once I move but with T5's instead of T8's.

I2KanGrow

Hey Spaced:

This is a great design, A couple of us been noodling a NGB-styled growbox over HERE, I'm cross-referencing you're thread there, because you've got some really, really great ideas going-on w/ your design, that we all can learn from!!!

Keep-up the good work, I'm gonna sit back and enjoy the show!!! :lurk:

Last edited:
I got the same thing almost.My flowering and vegging are side by side.I put a wall up in front of my spare bedroom closet. I got a 1000 budding and 400 and 175 vegging.I got a other 400 hps im about to put it with the 1000.my box are 6ft wide by 2 ft 8ft tall.im planning on buying 2 new 600 M.H. for my vegging side.Nice plants to by the way.Doing great

SpacedCWBY

Veteran
Thanks a bunch everyone. Appreciate the kind words.

The whole box is in use right now. However, I did have to cut out the clone/seedling area. The light was putting off too much heat and needed to be moved to the top of the box. This allows the heat to go directly out the vent. I have a fan blowing right on the bulb towards the vent, so now temps are under control. I'll have to put the clone/seedling area on the bottom. Don't feel like messing with it right now though.

When I do move it, I'm going to install a couple more exhaust fans that will just feed into the "Air cleaning area" on the top of the box. Just to keep temps lower. They're in the mid 70's now with both sides running a 400w hps. I think that I could also open up the vents a bit more to cool it off a little.

What a work in progress! By the time I get it to where I want it, I'll have a new room built down stairs and I'll be dismantling the box! That's the way it goes though.

NCM - If you look up top there, you'll see a few of the pics of the entire box. I didn't take any photos when I enclosed the top though.

Later.

Spaced...

Last edited: