What's new

The action of CBD vs. THC in cancer treatment

medicalmj

Veteran
We, myself included, are getting off topic. Although it is a useful discussion we should stick to THC and CBD in treating cancer and forgo the politics in this thread.

Nickog

I started this thread some time ago. One patient died before he started the treatment. He had prostate cancer, maybe for some time before being diagnosed, and went very fast. The2nd patient wants to try conventional medicine first as his MD scared him away from Cannabis. The 3rd patient started with .01666 grams 3 times a day, or a total of .05 for the day. He did that for 3 days. The next dose was .075 for the day, or .025 three times a day.
Every 3 days the dose would increase. When he got to .07grams 3 times a day, or a total of .21 grams a day, he couldn't do it anymore. It was overwhelming, so he stopped. His cancer suddenly spread to his bones and liver. I need to find some high CBD trim to make him an oil that he can tolerate, or find a 'real' CBD oil to mix with my oil. There are so many people selling CBD oils and I don't trust any of them.

Last edited:

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I started this thread some time ago. One patient died before he started the treatment. He had prostate cancer, maybe for some time before being diagnosed, and went very fast. The2nd patient wants to try conventional medicine first as his MD scared him away from Cannabis. The 3rd patient started with .01666 grams 3 times a day, or a total of .05 for the day. He did that for 3 days. The next dose was .075 for the day, or .025 three times a day.
Every 3 days the dose would increase. When he got to .07grams 3 times a day, or a total of .21 grams a day, he couldn't do it anymore. It was overwhelming, so he stopped. His cancer suddenly spread to his bones and liver. I need to find some high CBD time to make him an oil that he can tolerate, or find a 'real' CBD oil to mix with my oil. There are so many people selling CBD oils and I don't trust any of them.

Try giving them 3X the oil dose of Citicoline 20 minutes before the oil dose.

Dr Melamede used in his studies, and after his lecture, we've started doing it with ours.

It doesn't help with the couch lock, but does ameliorate the panic attacks and psychoactive effects.

medicalmj

Veteran
Try giving them 3X the oil dose of Citicoline 20 minutes before the oil dose.

Dr Melamede used in his studies, and after his lecture, we've started doing it with ours.

It doesn't help with the couch lock, but does ameliorate the panic attacks and psychoactive effects.

Great info, thanks!

THC is the most potent of the anti-tumoral cannabinoids so negating its undesirable effects at higher doses makes far more sense than relying more on CBD or worse, other patentable cannabinoids.

I assume you're referring to Dr Bob over at UCCS? I was unable to find Citicoline used in that capacity, do you know how/where to find resources that discuss?

Bongstar420

LOL...most potent of the cannabinoids against tumors.

http://www.cancertutor.com/big_list/

Cannabis is just another one for the list. To bad most people cannot figure out their ass from a hole in the ground.

http://thecolbertreport.cc.com/videos/4a4ahs/amazon-s-audacious-photography-patent

Great info, thanks!

THC is the most potent of the anti-tumoral cannabinoids so negating its undesirable effects at higher doses makes far more sense than relying more on CBD or worse, other patentable cannabinoids.

I assume you're referring to Dr Bob over at UCCS? I was unable to find Citicoline used in that capacity, do you know how/where to find resources that discuss?

gunnaknow

GW, do you know how efficacious topical application is for treating cancer, as opposed to internal consumption? I've read that topically applied cannabinoids do not elicit much of a psychotropic effect, which could be helpful to those who cannot tolerate such an effect. However, perhaps the lack of a psychotropic effect is due to fewer receptors in the CNS becoming saturated, which may be counterproductive for treating cancer.

gunna

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great info, thanks!

Yup, Dr Robert Melamede, aka Dr Bob, and I got that from him when we sponsored him here in Portland for a lecture. Alas, the video tech blew out the sound track when she recorded it, or I would send a copy.

Dr Bob retired from the Academy of Sciences and moved to Vermont for health reasons, but last time I talked to him, his health had improved and was in good spirits.

I just checked to see if I have his new email address, and do not, but will try calling his old number and see if I can find it for you.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
GW, do you know how efficacious topical application is for treating cancer, as opposed to internal consumption? I've read that topically applied cannabinoids do not elicit much of a psychotropic effect, which could be helpful to those who cannot tolerate such an effect. However, perhaps the lack of a psychotropic effect is due to fewer receptors in the CNS becoming saturated, which may be counterproductive for treating cancer.

gunna

A topical works well for removing skin tumors. We've also supplied it in suppositories for rectal cancer.

Folks have seldom reported any head effects from the topical, but occasionally someone will. Usually an uber low tolerance patient.

I did experience some head effect testing a suppository and I have ultra high tolerance.

Latest posts

Latest posts