What's new

The 22 strain MILC hunt - 1000w, CO2, Soil

Natagonnaworrie

If you love life, don't waste time. For time is wh
Veteran
Sorry for the delay. Here's the update. Day 7.

Got the CO2 cranking today. Took me a week but i also have a second tank courtesy of one of my IC friends. Less trips to the hydro store are always good.

Also switched from MH to HPS today. Needed to keep them from stretching so it was MH for the first week.

:dance013:

Lemon Kush

C-99

Dabney Blue

Galaxy Dog

SSH

Salmon Creek BB

Banana Gum

Madness

Full Tent

Their first taste of the Orange

Enviro

!PeAcE!

Natta SICK!!!
damn they are quick growing little rascals!! I like that enviro controller pretty sweet!! I love the structure of the dabney blue in the pictures very solid looking plant. I cant wait til the ladies start showing some skin :p

dachieftan

looking awesome bro! that madness looks like a potential out of control monster! luvin the phat leaves on that banana gum. BTW I stumbled upon your burkle thread. bubba kush xurkle yum... You still have the burkle? you have a treasure trove of elite genetics that I wouldn't mind taking a road trip to acquire

Natagonnaworrie

Veteran
yo what up dachieftan? That Burkle was a beautiful plant. I even got some POTM noms for that. I had just posted up a thread recently with some pics of her because a friend was thinking of having her in a canna book he has been working on. I posted a thread way back with some pics too called "Burkle is my most Photogenic strain" ...lemme find the link.

here it is in case anyone wants to say an AMAZING plant. Great Colors.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=147366

the only thing is that she doesn't yield very well at all. What she does put out is very nice though.

I can't do much for you clone-wise. Number one i wouldn't want to break TOU but also i only have 1 back up of each plant with a friend right now and they are just small clones. No moms or anything that could take cuttings just yet. I took a few extra clones recently right before flower because some of the plants were to small to clone before. Once these root i should have one back up of everything. Down the room those will become moms and then that may be a better time.

speaking of, Subrob... i wonder if its any coincidence that the only two plants to show roots thus far are the Madness and the SCBB. Interesting.

Anyway, just finished running preventative sulfur for the last time. 3 hours, starting at lights out. Today was day 8. Hopefully its easy sailing from here on out.

C you all later. I hope everyone had a good weekend.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
probably no coincidence....odds are they are at the least, loosely related...i think they both are based on the oregon big bud...i know madness is...gonna be cool....i got my eye on three in particular...gonna be nice to sample madness and scbb side by side, grown in same enviroment, at the same time...the definitive smoke report/comparison...also...wanna try the dabney...while ive made some crosses w spicolis dabney/afghani pollen...the two times i got the cut it was something else(m-39 to the best of my knowledge at the time)...so looking forward to this man! keep updating please!:)

redspaghetti

love machine
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Damn that burkle is outta control bro, beautiful colours and look deadly too,

Looks like madness and banana gum are the fastest growing out the bunch? Im very intested in lemon kush to see how that turn out,

mostly the sour bubbles, i had a taste of it before but never grew the strains, sour bbbles burkles are some amazing stuff, A friend of mine start the bubbles and ( not sure if the same cuts ) but damn that stuff is very nice !!

cheers,
red.

!PeAcE!

natta i cant get over how some pics are only like a week apart and the growth difference...my goodness is there crack in that water you are giving them? they grow LIGHT SPEED! This is going to be a good rest of the summer having your growlog and red's log to keep me occupied all summer long. I feel like im reading to best selling novels (just vaped some LVPK)
Peace!!

Natagonnaworrie

Veteran
CO2 my friend.

Once you start growing with gas it's hard to go back :yoinks:

It's like coffee for plants.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
CO2 my friend.

Once you start growing with gas it's hard to go back :yoinks:

It's like coffee for plants.

Coffee? coffee?...nah...its like a cocktail of crack, hgh, and steroids! :)...i wish i could use it again....but my setup...waaaaay too hot w out that fan suckin the air out constantly....i tell my friends who are new to growing they should do at least thier first cycle without it, just so they can see the diff it makes!

Natagonnaworrie

Veteran
Oh yeah, it's only fair to mention that it is a huge pain in the ass too.

I have that carbon filter in there with a 6" fan and a speed control on low b/c without it the RH and Temps would be out of control. So that leaves me exhausting my precious CO2... I use a 20# tank in about 5 days. Thats why I had to have GT hook my up with another one.

If i don't have the fan pulling (totally sealed) then a tank would last over 2 weeks.

The newest addition is a portable AC w/ dehuy. They are expensive but i should have one in a week. Then the carbon filter can be shut off.

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
wow you really have a nice choice of genetics to choose from.....

about the portable a/c dehuey...theres a thread on here saying that frigidaire is the brand to buy, aparently other brands compressors shut off when temps go above a certain temp(32C i think...)

Natagonnaworrie

Veteran
Thanks Joe.

That's good info. I have been researching and it seems that a lot have leaks or just stop cooling... It's a big investment for that risk. Thats the main reason i am going to buy new with a warranty as opposed to craigslist or some classified add.

I'll look into the frigidaire - REP

!PeAcE!

wow you really have a nice choice of genetics to choose from.....

about the portable a/c dehuey...theres a thread on here saying that frigidaire is the brand to buy, aparently other brands compressors shut off when temps go above a certain temp(32C i think...)

thats why both my ac's would shut off in my tent it would sense the heat from the lamps....and i thought they were broken! yea definitely would like to see how the ac dehuey install goes, i got my chair pulled up and my vape dialed in and ready for the show.

dachieftan

man I wish I had enough for a portable AC.... At least fall is coming up in a couple of months:dance013: I was thinking of actually ducting the vents of a window unit AC into a 4x8 tent using this here ducting boot.

Ofcourse I will have to insulate the boot better. I'm thinking some weather stripping and silicon glue should do well for the joints and wrapping the metal in thermal tape or some other insulated fabric that isn't fiberglass should limit the metal from sweating from condensation. A booster fan should help pull the cold air through the INSULATED ducting into the tent. That way, I can run a closed loop cool tube of three light fixtures and supplement with co2 for the first time in a sealed tent. Do yall think that could work? Any suggestions would be helpful. I'm not trying to jack your thread or anything Nata but I figure a lot more eyes would be on this picture-riddlled thread as oppose to one that I would start cuz I have no camera.

Natagonnaworrie

Veteran
Feel free.

I used to run a large AC in the winter in New England until it froze up one time and many this ridiculous drumming noise. Not very stealth.. That was the last AC I had. I have since battled battled heat on and off.

My solution finally was to add CO2. With CO2 temps of 80 - 85 are not a problem, actually they are preferable. Just make sure you are ready to water often and use a lot of nutes. It comes back to you in the form of a good harvest though.

Recently (ok, really only one or two days) my temps hit 92. Today they are back to maxing out at 85. But i want to get the AC to be prepared. Remember, the AC is like running another 1000w light so there is always the availability of electricity issue to resolve, that usually brings me to the AC vs. adding another light controversy but thats another story.

Anyway, there are a lot of threads on ACs around the grow room design section. I tried searching for something that could help you but i didn't see your exact question you were looking for. It seems like your unit is already mounted in the window and all you need is the grow room air directed into the AC and the cold air directed back to the grow. I'm not sure why you couldn't do that with a few booster fans, some ducting and some sealant. I'm sure there is more to it than that... for example is this 'clean' smelling air? Not sure if that matters with the window units.

anyway here is a thread i found on making your window unit operational in the grow room. Maybe it's of some help maybe not.

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=38284&highlight=window

All i know is any problem you are having has been dealt with by someone on this site. Its just a matter of time until its resolved.

redspaghetti

love machine
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You can pick up a smaller portable, i ran a 600 watts portable unit with dehyu function in my 8x8 tent with no problems. It does not suck up all 600 watts as far as i know, but the most efficient would be a window unit ( if you can build a box for it )

SD been getting the heat waves but it seem to cool down quite a bit, hopefully everyone stay cool!

You're going through the c02 tank in 5 days with your tent bro ? damn
I want to set mine up soon because of my room is hitting the 5th / 6th weeks. and the other soon follow....

keep us update bro
cheers,
red.

Natagonnaworrie

Veteran
I think this is the thread you were talking about joe

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=181133

Quote from Green Lung:
If it is too hot where the A/c is placed, the compressor has automatic shut off that protects the a/c compressor from overheating and being damaged, thus your compressor is shutting off.

If you feel the A/c you might notice it is hot to the touch where the compresso is.

For me this does not apply since the unit is not in the grow room (tent) just in the 'lung' room which doesn't get too hot. Still a good FYI.

V

Voodoo

Hey Nata, good to see you're doing well. I am scurred and jealous of your C02 setup, will be interesting to see what the yield is - speaking of interesting... Hows the OG coming along?