What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The 16 Top Medical Marijuana Strains

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
21943.gif

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
i cant believe its 2011. that seems like an article from a decade ago....the pictures suck, the strains are ehhh. only good stuff in there is the g13 haze and jack herer.

they are so behind the times....all the top strains are not available by their seed companies...

so many better things out there...wow that list just sucks so bad.

G

greenmatter

there are good strains on this list but it looks like it was compiled after calling the seed banks to see what they had on the shelf ..... and because HT printed this POS they probably sold it all....

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
we need a A/Z list with a points score(1-10) and relevent details described,i know there aew lists out there but you cant edit the details if there wrong,i just haven't got the time to make such list but if anyonys willing to make 1 go for it but remember it needs to be editable by mods/admin.and debated to as you know thes 1000 differant stories for each and every strain out there.

matt:cathug:

I wouldn't waste precious grow space on most of those....... I'll guess Mr. Danko hasn't ever smoked a real Chem, or a real OG Kush, or a real Bubba Kush, etc...... most of the best weed is absent from his list!

wish I could find purple kush since it's so widely available :(

I got my pk cuts from Oaksterdam. Prob the best oaksterdam certified cut I got (others were meh). I know they vendor out a lot of their clones all over CA. Mostly Nor cal but if your in CA you can find a dispensary that sells oaksterdam certifed cuts just put an order in w/ the club..

RoostaPhish

Veteran
i dont see darkstar ( i do see PK which is its daddy , but w/e )

Interesting, I don't see Darkstar mentioned to often. However the parents of the cutting I have been passing around for some years now doesn't have PK for a father. Her parents were both heavy hitters from the late 80's and early 90's. Her dad was a Sensi Star prized in D town for many years, great breeding material,and her mom was a Black Domina cutting from the central mountains in Cali. She is about as medicinal as they come for having such a high THC rating as well, but she is balanced. Her flavor and smell well that is other worldly, but we are talking medicinal value. We used to call her the silencer, because of the effect she had on people. I remember taking a trip out to Maine, we smoked a duber and didn't say a word for almost 3 hours. Then we kind of all just realized at the same time and were like,"well that was NICE". Talk about killin' time.

Burt

Veteran
many of the peeps posting in this thread have cali elites-lets see a list of top 3 elite meds valuewise?

A

Aerokush101

According to Danny Danko, High Times editor.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/40554297?slide=1

The list:
1. White Berry
2. A-Train
3. Dr. Grinspoon
4. Blue Dreams
5. G-13 Haze
6. Canna Sutra
7. Lavender
8. Crimea Blue
9. Nigerian
10. Mazar
11. Purple Kush
12. Satori
13. Romulan
14. S.A.G.E.
15. Vortex
16. Jack Herer

Interesting descriptions of medicinal qualities and nice photos. Great article!

MOST of that sounds like some BULLSHIT anyway, just being honest.

idiit

Veteran
reveals ht for who they are which is a good thing. robb report does the same bs with cigars. pity those fools that believe em.

greenKZO

Best medical strains? That is a statement that is rife with bullshit. Considering most medical relief provided by cannabis is anecdotal, everyones list is going to be different.
Mine goes like this:

#1 Everything I grow
#2 Everything else

vta

Veteran
I got my pk cuts from Oaksterdam. Prob the best oaksterdam certified cut I got (others were meh). I know they vendor out a lot of their clones all over CA. Mostly Nor cal but if your in CA you can find a dispensary that sells oaksterdam certifed cuts just put an order in w/ the club..

I say your damn LUCKY to get a keeper from them.

Best medical strains? That is a statement that is rife with bullshit. Considering most medical relief provided by cannabis is anecdotal, everyones list is going to be different.

Thats what I was thinkin. Two people can smoke the same strain an get a different effect from it. Everybody should try as many strains as possible to find the perfect strain for themselves. 100 people should have 100 different top strain lists. IMHO.

ndnguy

According to Danny Danko, High Times editor.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/40554297?slide=1

The list:
1. White Berry
2. A-Train
3. Dr. Grinspoon
4. Blue Dreams
5. G-13 Haze
6. Canna Sutra
7. Lavender
8. Crimea Blue
9. Nigerian
10. Mazar
11. Purple Kush
12. Satori
13. Romulan
14. S.A.G.E.
15. Vortex
16. Jack Herer

Interesting descriptions of medicinal qualities and nice photos. Great article!
I say BS on at least half of those because of the work people do themselves and for others in the medical aspect and breed just for certain ailments these are peeps that arn't bigtime named breeders like Mota has more medical aimed bud than all those 16. i thinks the home breeder makes more headway to certain ailments than anyone else....ndnguy

LeenieBean

I love whiteberry, probably one of my favorites but I'm not sure I'd say it tops the list there... my cut had no "medicinal" value per sey, maybe good for anxiety-depression, it was just a nice upbeat smooth smoke all day kind of plant that grew like a dream... I don't know if I'd even stick it on that list at all though as much as I loved her

I have A-train seed (grew it for a few months).. brought it in Ireland.... However, most people don't LOVE it like they do other strains.... what rules by me... is the HAZE.... KUSH...... Sour DIESEL.... that's it... everything else is like "it's good but..."

So those in my opinion are the "DAMNN" list... what's hot.... I am trying some sour bubble by BOG... I don't like sativa cause the height and long bloom time due to ceiling constrants.... hopefully my new sour bubble and double dutch does it thing and has a "WOW" factor.... I would have to disagree with you entirely

Half of the 16 listed are not even known as medical strains. A list that does not include MedMan/White Rhino is bogus. By far, the best med mj that I have ever grown. Then again, just my $.02 worth. How about Shanti's Nevilles Haze for an uplifting/anti depression four hour source of relief? Hells bells! What do I know, despite my 41 years of experience?

gee those are all strains that are sold by heavy advertisers in HT. I wonder i that had anything to do with it?

lol yeah real medical research

some sounds good others not so much

just another HT ad, their entire mag seems to be one giant ad.

kinda sucks imo

LOL.. I agree man..Half that list is some straight up BullShit!

Latest posts

Latest posts