What's new

THC's small 2011 outdoor

blackone

Veteran
Nice tight nuggets there :) I'm flowering stuff in a greenhouse for the first time this year and it's turning out great. There are some mold problems with some plants but others seem to be totally mold free and I get better resin coverage and aroma than I do on guerilla plants.

Browser

H8ters gonna h8
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey THC,

Plants looking nice, despite the negligence... shows that plants don't really need much, and that some people just don't have it for growing :) Hope your moms are ok tho.

Both the AH and the Mirre crosses look very nice, like the colors on the later. Was there any particular reason why you chose MM rather than GG to speed up their flo?

Happy trimming :tiphat: B

THC123

Veteran
There are some mold problems with some plants but others seem to be totally mold free and I get better resin coverage and aroma than I do on guerilla plants.

yeah a greenhouse is nice with shitty climates , but as far as quality is concerned i think outdoor is just as good but greenhouse shit looks better

. Was there any particular reason why you chose MM rather than GG to speed up their flo?

yeah 2 reasons

first was that Greens , the breeder of manitoba meds stopped breeding

i only had 8 seeds left and i liked the strain so much i wanted to make an f2 so that i would never have to miss her cuz of greens quitting

second reason is the aroma and yield

manitoba medicine has a few phenos that are similar to GG but many are totally different and very complex aroma wise

MM also has a bigger yield of rockhard tight indica nugs

In the future i'll also make crosses to gg as gg is less susceptible to mold

i also would like to backcross to gg or mm in order to make a really early strain

THC123

Veteran
Harvest update

i wanted to wait till sunday but i started harvest yesterday on the TW and i will finish her today

this way i will have room to put my outdoor ladies in the greenhouse

the weatehr has changed from summer to 12 degrees and rainrainrain

i already have mold in my shitplant so i would hate to have my spg affected

i hope i'm not too late

for the rest the TW cross is giving big fat tight heavy nugs.

It looks ready but trich wise i would have wanted her to go another week , just a few amber ones , most milky few clear. If i let her go one more week with this humid cold damp weather , i will lose not only her , but the outdoor plants that will take her space , will also mold away in a week so i'm choosing for a bit less stony weed but more

she is ripe enough but i'm just a snob sometimes

the amnesia cross is almost all milky and quite a few are ambering up she will be nice and stoney

the amnesia cross looks better but the tw cross has the heaviest nugs
img7019sd.jpg

img7024v.jpg

img7028y.jpg

img7030fu.jpg

img7022jk.jpg

img7032e.jpg

img7033e.jpg

img7039j.jpg

img7034po.jpg

img7038y.jpg

i love these nugs , i found a little mold on many top buds but it doesnt spread so i lost like maybe 5% to mold in total

They smell a bit piney and then that rotten poo-like smell that comes from the trainwreck mixed with something sweet almost fruity but not quite(and i noticed lots of kush strains have this poo-poo smell :D)

I also cut one big bud of the amnesia to see if i could find mold , but up to now no mold!!!

this means i will harvest the 2 outdoor sssdh crosses first before they mold away

Here a few pics of the amnesia, will cut her down monday or sunday

img7025z.jpg

img7027j.jpg

not many leaves , has that nice amnesia smell:jump:

Last edited:

THC123

Veteran
thx , and yeah the season in the GH was great even though it was the wettest year

it has cost me lots of money on butane gas the heat the GH at night to dry things up

next year an industrial deheuy, it will cost less in use , warm the GH up a bit but not too much and will keep the Rh way down

who knows i might even be able to harvest sour bubble mold free

I tried some sssdh x mm yesterday , dried according to dreads way in the attick with all the leaves on

this was harvested early with lots of transluscent trichs

i tried it , it tasted better then any glass jar cure and i woke up at 3 o clock on the couch

seems to me that the trich color things is an indicator but clearly not always the rule cuz according to the trich color chart this should have given an up energetic weak high

Hi THC,
Happy times, harvest time! :D
Good to see that despite the absolutely shitty summer you're still harvesting BIG FAT nugs :yummy:
I'll be :lurk: to watch the harvest in progress.

Take Care,
HL

THC123

Veteran
thx

today i'll be harvesting the popcorn tw x mm buds and then the 2 outdoor sssdh crosses

i would prefer doing the tw x mm popcorn nlater , but i have had to remove the entire plant to make rooom for my 4 outdoor ladies in pots

they are all warm dry and cozy in the GH now

Cuz the shit plant was the furthest along she got mold cuz of the 3 day long constant rain and mist

but in the greenhouse at least she stands a chance

I'm really gonna hurry today cuz i have no mold in the amnesia , but she is at peak ripeness and such compact sticky nugs will mold sooner or later especially with this weather

THC123

Veteran
SSSDH x MM nr 1 harvest pics(harvest 0-/10 note to self)

Lots of mold i lost about 40% to mold

we have been having cold damp humid weather and she clearly doesnt like it cuz she has long compat heavy tight colas

Quality will be excellent , it is sssdh dominant, the warm lemony hazy smell is in the foreground with way way on the background some MM influences

Buds harvested 10 days ago from her already send me to sleep so should be nice

img7062s.jpg

img7066of.jpg

img7068.jpg

img7069e.jpg

img7070j.jpg

img7071t.jpg

Karma was right , crossing a sativa to a indica gives real interesting results

Bloods

what awsome planst man :D
its times like this that im kinda sad that the beans newer arrived :/
well happy harvest :)
bloods

THC123

Veteran
Thx , Well it appears the postal services in your land suck

I harvested the amnesia x mm

she is a big yielder with long fat compact sticky colas

No mold at all, except one buds , but that was cuz of a caterpillar making a cocoon

She smells like 80% of amnesia

only when i put an amnesia plant next to it do i smell the difference, the core cut smells more hazy and lemony

Trichs are 1/3 amber and the rest cloudy

img7072o.jpg

img7073c.jpg

img7074r.jpg

img7075c.jpg

img7077c.jpg

img7078n.jpg

img7079g.jpg

img7080a.jpg

certainly will grow this one again to look for a similar mom
no mold in the wettest year since 1860 is always a good sign and we need stuff like that in our climate
If the effect is great i wanna ibl this one to call it early amnesia , once i can stabilize it , till then she will be just amn x mm

For the rest , all plants are doing fine , except the shit from mr nice

she was outdoors till 2 days ago

the 2 days of constant rain and 15 degrees has made all her top colas mold, ALL of them

Eugen

Mentor
Veteran
that mm amnesia cross looks amazing, would love to get my hands on that genes. :tiphat:
real shame with the shit plant.
yesterday i harvested some remaining guerilla plants, no mold in sight although we had a rainy weekend too.

have fun and be safe :good:

THC123

Veteran
thx guys

and yeah the shit plant is SHIT to grow OD here

almost finished with the amn x mm harvest

today the last branches

i also harvested sssdh x mm nr 2 yesterday

i didnt look at the plant for 10 days and i saw it was ripe

should have harvested earlier cuz the rains have made me lose 80% of this plant

Buds are sticky and compact with a sativa structure

smell is a blend of sssdh and mm, none is dominant , they blend into a new smell

here pics

img7082l.jpg

img7083a.jpg

this pheno is really sensitive to mold

normally would have been ready 14 days ago but she has light pollution

And here some more amnesia x mm harvest pics

this plant almost has no popcorn buds , cuz of the few leaves and open structure buds are very uniform

img7087a.jpg

img7088r.jpg

img7090jy.jpg

img7089d.jpg

it is really nice harvesting a plant without mold :jump:

Latest posts

Latest posts