What's new

% THC?

flubnutz

stoned agin ...
Veteran
i was reading the HT "strongest strains", and they said some bud is 20% THC.

do they mean that 1g of the stuff has .2 grams of THC? seems like a lot to me to come from those little trichomes, i could be wrong.

L

LumpStatus

I believe that out of all the plant material there is x% thc...so the remainder would be plant material etc. There are many kinds of thc as well as other beneficial compounds...

Thc, thca, thcv, cbn, cbd, and LOTS MORE.

So 20% thc would mean 80% of other compounds and plant material

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
i was reading the HT "strongest strains", and they said some bud is 20% THC.

do they mean that 1g of the stuff has .2 grams of THC? seems like a lot to me to come from those little trichomes, i could be wrong.

I remember back in the days where blueberry was all the rage. The claim was going around that 18% THC was the top. Given near a decade of breeding, yeah I think 20% sounds reasonable. I'm also sure I've heard claims of strains with higher THC levels like 23% I think, but I don't remember the source of the claim or which strain it was about.

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
loads of stuff has come out over 20%,,

but you could refine the thc out and the high of it alone would be really shit,,

its the unique mix of cannabinoids in each line that creates the overall effect,,

e4ian

About 2.5 yrs ago i bought some White Russian from Serious Seeds after seeing ads that this is,on paper the strongest there is.26.7% THC 'think.
Sure ive heard of 30+% nowadays.

L

LumpStatus

Funny thing is these numbers mean nothing as far as high goes. I consistently get more high off of 17% og kush than 27% green ribbon

flubnutz

stoned agin ...
Veteran
you guys are all missing the point. if a bud weighs 1 gram, does 20% THC mean that there is .2 grams of THC? or, do they shake it down to hash (trichomes), then out of *that* weight determine that 20% of the weight is THC?

When you say "20%", you have to specify 20% of the weight, or the volume, or something, of some stuff, e.g. bud, trichomes, total weight of cannabinoids, whatever. 20% by itself does not have any meaning.

if that can't be answered, then the 20% has no meaning. anybody?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I like the lower THC strains myself 20% or less. They have a better Terpene profile to me and taste better. The strains with high THC seem bland to earthy and have to much of a hashy taste for me.

You would need to ask someone that knows more about the testing process.. I thought they took the sample what ever that was and do some stuff to it to remove all of the THC,CBD YADA YADA. Then test a sample of that liquid.. I could be way off.. I dont pay much attention to those #'s anyway. From what I here there not accurate.

This does not answer your question but is a good read

http://medicalmarijuana411.com/mmj411_v3/?p=12540

Last edited:

zymos

Jammin'!
Veteran
Yes, when they say 20% THC it means if you took a gram of bud and removed all the THC from it, you'd have 200 mg of it.

L

LumpStatus

you guys are all missing the point. if a bud weighs 1 gram, does 20% THC mean that there is .2 grams of THC? or, do they shake it down to hash (trichomes), then out of *that* weight determine that 20% of the weight is THC?

When you say "20%", you have to specify 20% of the weight, or the volume, or something, of some stuff, e.g. bud, trichomes, total weight of cannabinoids, whatever. 20% by itself does not have any meaning.

if that can't be answered, then the 20% has no meaning. anybody?

How did i miss the point? What do you not understand about 20% thc and 80% other compounds and plant material? Is it cause i used the % sign? 1 gram of bud .2 is thc and .8 is plant material and other compounds. 20% thc means exactly that. It doesnt matter if you test one gram or a thousand grams 20% thc is 20% thc.

If i had an orange and said 20% of it is the peel do i then remove the peel, "shake it down" (lol) then check how much peel you have?

Sorry if i sound rude. But to say i (as in all of us) am missing the point is just wrong. I completely understood the question.

flubnutz

stoned agin ...
Veteran
because nobody mentioned % *by weight* (except me, until zymos) in grams of thc vs. all other material, so e.g. 200 mg. THC in 1000 mg (1g) total bud weight.

the only reason i ask is because if i pick up a bud, then think "20% of the weight of this is thc", then i think of the great majority of the thc being in the trichomes, and the total weight of trichomes on that bud, which is gonna come in at what, 5-10%? the hash guys could say, then the 20% of the weight of the plant being in these ... i don't see U238 in THC's structure LOL :)

thanks for the replies!

Last edited:

airplane

THC %

THC %

Some strains are 20-27% THC, "Next Generation" and "Medical" seed companies that offer high thc strains:tumbleweed:

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
loads of stuff has come out over 20%,,

but you could refine the thc out and the high of it alone would be really shit,,

its the unique mix of cannabinoids in each line that creates the overall effect,,

Yes and the number I'm still having a hard time with these numbers lol

I have had lots of bud that says it's 24% and I think it's shit so what does this mean???? lol
I go to the clubs and buy these different buds with these high numbers and I don't like the bud at all so does this mean the numbers are wrong or I just don't think the bud is that good or it's just a personal thing?

I would definately say it's a personal thing and the number mean shit atleast to me..Pick bud you like and you have always liked.. lol stay safe headband 707

Marcellas

Veteran
Ahh must've missed that. There's crazier oil/budder/wax/hash on that site, I saw 80-90% THC.. Wouldn't mind giving that a toke or 2! :joint:

Latest posts

Latest posts