What's new

THC saturation point of Iso?

G.O. Joe

Veteran
I don't know the solubility of THCA in anything but I do know that solubility and leaching of plant material is not the same thing. Maybe the nature of the secreting cells and their contents is such that there is an equilibrium between the plant material and the IPA for the THC(A). Obviously the plant material will absorb ever-increasing amounts of THC(A) with concentration.

A chemist would extract with fresh solvent, usually 3-4x if not in a continuous extraction device, or assisted by ultrasound.

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
A chemist would extract with fresh solvent, usually 3-4x if not in a continuous extraction device, or assisted by ultrasound.

:) LOL

That's the great thing about pot, it makes chemists out of all of us. And carpenters. Oh, and plumbers, electricians, and stonemasons (check my posts!). Doctors, and unfortunately, lawyers too.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'd recommend a heavy dose of tranquilizers. ;)

Only BP and cannabis meds on site, but we do have a large wooden mallet that seems to work.

Having read my most inner thoughts publicaly, I will henceforth eschew reading current events prior to posting. They seem to just get me wound up!

Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

AVCS

Just wanted to thank everyone for the great info before the thread headed south. I will be running a good amount of material in the next few weeks. Ill do some tests and let everyone know what I find.

Thanks again!

Bongstar420

I had 60g ACDC oil (perhaps 40g CBD) dissolved in 1 liter and its stayed "dissolved" till it was dry...of course the actual run was about 2 liters under aggressive conditions. I extracted perhaps 90-95% of the material's drug content.

The terps greatly change cannabinoid solubility. So do the precursors and other things in the plant.

For running alcohol extractions, you shouldn't be judging by weights but volumes. Figure 2-3x volume for aggressive conditions and up to 10x for gentle conditions such as sub zero EtOH.