What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

THC Hard Candy (help please)

G

I tried to get this answered a few times on OG and I got to where I sort of think that I know what needs to be done, but I have never made hash or "BHO" ...."BHO" is what I need to do this isn't it?

...and I have never made hard candy. (I hate "butterscotch" so lets stay away from there...unless its far easier)

What I need is a step by step "recipe" of sorts...I'm not an idiot, I just dont like jumping into something unless I know how I'm gonna get from square 1 to the finished product.

could it be as simple as making "BHO" (that alone is probably not simple), then melting down some "jolly ranchers" and adding a specific amount of "BHO" (how do you determine how much to add to whatever recipe?)

see what I mean ...I'm sort of in the dark here, and I REALLY wanna make this stuff.

Point me to a link if there is something on here that I overlooked.

Thanks for the help guys!

Also if anyone has ever tried this what are the effects/high like...could they be consumed @ work per say?

G

there are a couple examples on this dea website, but no recipes of course:

( this link was a dea link and we dont want that up here. sorry. but it has been edited. )( bubbleman)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sleepy

Veteran
if you want to make hard candy, you will need a candy thermometer.

DO NOT MAKE BHO IN THE HOUSE

DID I MENTION NOT TO MAKE BHO INSIDE???

ok...sugar goes to the 'hard ball' stage at 300 degrees F.

so, you cook your ingredients and sugar to the correct temp and add thc butter or oil...

form your little candies in a suitable shape, and let them cool on parchment paper.

you could try searching google for hard candy recipes, add the thc when it is still pliable, it gets brittle quickly.

i thought there was a thread here about making lollipops...

EDIT!!!>>link>>http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=19676

try looking in the 'cooking with cannabis' section...

Last edited:

Getmagnolia

If you want to make hard candies, you will need these ingredients and equipment:
* sugar, water, corn syrup, and a cannabis tincture.
* candy molds or baking tray and a candy thermometer

And follow this step-by-step instruction
1. Mix the sugar, syrup, and water in a medium saucepan.
2. Once it starts to boil, slowly whisk the mixture until it reaches a temperature of 250F.
3. You must stop stirring after it hits 250F and let it cool to about 305F. (This occurs quickly)
4. Remove the mixture from the heat when it reaches about 305F.
5. Add food coloring (optional), flavor extract (optional), and cannabis tincture. Pour it into your candy mold or baking sheet after stirring it up.
6. Before removing the cannabis candy from the mold, let it cool and firm.
7. Cheers to your cannabis candies!

cash420

Ingredients:
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 gram cannabis oil or tincture (optional)
Instructions:
1. Combine sugar, corn syrup, water, vanilla extract, and salt in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
2. Cook mixture, stirring occasionally, until it comes to a boil.
3. Once boiling, continue cooking for 1 minute without stirring.
4. Remove pan from heat and stir in cannabis oil or tincture, if using.
5. Pour mixture into a silicone candy mold or shallow dish and let cool completely.
6. Once hardened, remove candies from mold and enjoy! Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
And that's it! You now have your very own THC-infused hard candy. Enjoy responsibly and always start

goingrey

Ingredients:
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 gram cannabis oil or tincture (optional)
Instructions:
1. Combine sugar, corn syrup, water, vanilla extract, and salt in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
2. Cook mixture, stirring occasionally, until it comes to a boil.
3. Once boiling, continue cooking for 1 minute without stirring.
4. Remove pan from heat and stir in cannabis oil or tincture, if using.
5. Pour mixture into a silicone candy mold or shallow dish and let cool completely.
6. Once hardened, remove candies from mold and enjoy! Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
And that's it! You now have your very own THC-infused hard candy. Enjoy responsibly and always start
I think they'll be good for much longer than two weeks

Mattbho

Take jolly ranchers crush dissolve in a double broiler once everything is melted and uniform clear take off heat add distillate, activated bho,rso, qwiso stir and mold . I just pour on cookie sheet let cool smash with kitchen mallet.

Do do bho inside just not worth the risk imo for edibles qwiso or good rso is similar quality. Plenty of stuff on both all over the internet.

I've also had luck with the candy apple kits but an accurate candy thermometer is necessary (20$)

Ps take it from someone that's done too many too many times . Don't eat too many. It's uncomfortable trying to remember to breathe

Smoke_A_Lot

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Take jolly ranchers crush dissolve in a double broiler once everything is melted and uniform clear take off heat add distillate, activated bho,rso, qwiso stir and mold . I just pour on cookie sheet let cool smash with kitchen mallet.

Do do bho inside just not worth the risk imo for edibles qwiso or good rso is similar quality. Plenty of stuff on both all over the internet.

I've also had luck with the candy apple kits but an accurate candy thermometer is necessary (20$)

Ps take it from someone that's done too many too many times . Don't eat too many. It's uncomfortable trying to remember to breathe

Instead of the bho and others you recommended can you use Keif or Bubble Hash as a substitute?

Mattbho

Take bubble or kief dissolve in 99% iso. (Cheap, easy to find solvent)freeze it ,filter it and evaporate the iso . Make oil then candies.