What's new

THC Expo Detroit

prune

Veteran
Battle rap last night was hilarious lol

Nah, the most hilarious part was the ride to the med site on the "vapor bus"!

Twenty people torch up as soon as they sit down, and the best stuff i could smell was the mexi brick. Then as the bus starts up, a voice in front of me moans, " I get car sick…". Someone suggests opening a window, but the voice trails back, " I can't afford to lose the oxy!"

This years bus seems like a big step up from the junker of last year, it even had heat! But then we hit the first pothole and half the windows dropped down and it was open air the rest of the trip (40* and windy).

The potholes were quite the obstacle course, I would've sworn we left the rear axle in one that the driver could not miss. He was trying real hard to miss them though, so hard in fact that he blew a few red lights. If the riders gasped, he just croaked that no cop would stop them cause he had "forty witness's that the light was yellow!"

As Paladin mentions, the med site was drastically oversold. There was no room to non-sexually pass anyone who stopped at a vendors table. That meant that the first person off the bus that paused at a table basically ended any movement. If someone bent over to dab, their butt was hitting the table behind themselves. The FD would have shut the site down on the spot, if they had seen how that place was set up (firetrap2).

I can't wait for the gentrification of cannabis festivals.

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
Me and my only lady were just saying that. Like seriously just cuz it's a cannabis event doesn't mean the services should lack organization . The way I see it if your vendors and employees can't handle their bud and drinks don't let them drink. Sometimes it's a pain dealing with pot heads of the sort lol . I'm glad I didn't go to the med site I hate being cramped

A

acridlab

Yeah,, these are reasons I don't go to events.. Hash bash was cool back when,,. But all this new school shit is over rated. Too many kids nowadays, with they're skinny jeans n shit.. Can't relate any more,, so I keep my ass at home..The sub culture is not the same..

RoostaPhish

Veteran
I tried to tell people the roostertail event was nothing special. At least the bash is free, and you have the whole town to explore. AA is a nice town, plus everyone can puff if they want to. Good food, and the dispensaries (if you need them), have quality gear. Music at the bash varies in quality, but the show at the Blind Pig after the bash is always awesome.

Four8205

I went to the Rooster tail last year. Got there at open, grabbed freebies, got on the first bus, bought a GG4 clone, cut, and eigth. Home.

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
Med side building owner brought in the fire Marshall and cops around 3:00 on Sunday. I pulled Josey's jar off the table(I know cops) and my boys offered em a Dab.
2/3 of the Vendors split. Frenchie came screamin over with busses of people... Made more in those few hours than we had all day.
Y'all keep an eye out on LH and the Duke both bumped their games with next Gen Glue.

None of the biggies there dropped without I gave em somethin first.... Just guys? Walked up dropped in some bucks then looked at the table. Those guys got handed some gold ;)
Thanks agin

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
I enjoyed the event. Didn;t go to the Med site, because I thought it might be a clusterfrak. It took Frenchie 5 years to get to this point. I thought the expo itself was really good.

Nothing ever goes as planned in Detroit..! haha... Hilarious about the owner of the Med site building calling the Fire Marshall. I can only imagine the rage that the promoter displayed..

For the record, similar problems ensued in AMS when the expo was on the outskirts of town, and a bus was necessary to get there. It added a fun dimension to the "adult scavenger hunt." But, was a PITA just the same, in the rain.

One Dude on an electronic Wheelchair ran out of power, when He thoughtlessly decided to forego the wait for the bus, and roll back to town. I ended up pushing Him to the nearest Municipal bus into town. The wheels were locked for some reason. Jeesh.

I give The show a 7 out of 10, had a ball.

Latest posts

Latest posts