What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

THC Bomb bag seed

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
dang that's good to know! Thanks for sharing I will look into those strains - sounds like you got a stinky pheno :woohoo:
What afghani did you pick up??
And we call that bust weed :laughing::laughing:
"no way to keep it on the downlow"

Im not sure exactly, it was an oz i picked up from craigslist haha. The "pound through brick wall" phenotypes are in the afghani genetics though!

Found this interesting read though and it explains why the Goji OG had the intense skunk aroma. It has Nepal OG in it and nepal is part of where afghan genetics derive from.

Source: softsecrets

Afghan weed presents some of the heirloom genetics of the indica family, which traditionally come from that part of the world: Afghanistan, India, Pakistan, Nepal, etc. There is a reason that such plants are very dark green (due to their mountainous origin), with large palmate leaves: this allows them to convert as little sunlight as possible into as much growth energy as needed. Buds are dense and large, a result of tightly-spaced internodes – an evolutionary defence mechanism that enables the plant to stay warm in cold or high-altitude settings. Large, dense buds also keep the seeds warm and protected, encouraging new generations to flourish.

Indoors, Afghan genetics are easily trained and may be maintained as short, bushy plants that can easily fit under an attic eave or a basement stairwell. In addition to the relaxing sedation or body effect imparted by such strains, the sweet, ‘hashy’ flavour has become legendary – perfect for indica lovers or those who crave the old Nepali hash taste.

Im not sure exactly, it was an oz i picked up from craigslist haha. The "pound through brick wall" phenotypes are in the afghani genetics though!

Found this interesting read though and it explains why the Goji OG had the intense skunk aroma. It has Nepal OG in it and nepal is part of where afghan genetics derive from.

Source: softsecrets

Afghan weed presents some of the heirloom genetics of the indica family, which traditionally come from that part of the world: Afghanistan, India, Pakistan, Nepal, etc. There is a reason that such plants are very dark green (due to their mountainous origin), with large palmate leaves: this allows them to convert as little sunlight as possible into as much growth energy as needed. Buds are dense and large, a result of tightly-spaced internodes – an evolutionary defence mechanism that enables the plant to stay warm in cold or high-altitude settings. Large, dense buds also keep the seeds warm and protected, encouraging new generations to flourish.

Indoors, Afghan genetics are easily trained and may be maintained as short, bushy plants that can easily fit under an attic eave or a basement stairwell. In addition to the relaxing sedation or body effect imparted by such strains, the sweet, ‘hashy’ flavour has become legendary – perfect for indica lovers or those who crave the old Nepali hash taste.

you're right that was a very interesting read! The bagseed I ran has really tight internodal space - which I assumed would be the case the nug I found the seed in was extremely dense - what they call "hardball nug". I didn't know that is why these plants have dense buds. I grew mine all organically in a good organic soil with cheap lights and it still came out really dense. that has to be the genetics. She had big dense buds - very interesting to know why that makes total sense. The bigger buds would keep those seeds safe :biggrin::biggrin:
Some plants I feel we have bred so much they wouldn't survive in the wild - an interesting thought I had.
Thanks for that post that was fun to read!

So Rusko is it the THC bomb getting skunky? Whar are boveda packs?
yes it is getting REALLY skunky! My girl says "the more it cures the more skunk it gets"
Really surprising! it is identical to skunk. Boveda packs are made for cannabis curing they keep the jars at 62% rh - by either removing moisture or adding it as needed. Pretty cool.
I have had really good experience with them - I used em last run with my sfv og kush and I noticed the buds got dense and stinky - more so then without the packs. Folks say that is because the buds get rid of moisture they don't need. They are good packs - I'm not a pro at curing so I like them because they remove any chance for error. :tiphat:

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
The bagseed I ran has really tight internodal space - which I assumed would be the case the nug I found the seed in was extremely dense - what they call "hardball nug". I didn't know that is why these plants have dense buds. I grew mine all organically in a good organic soil with cheap lights and it still came out really dense. that has to be the genetics. She had big dense buds - very interesting to know why that makes total sense. The bigger buds would keep those seeds safe :biggrin::biggrin:

Then sativas originate from hot and humid tropical environments near the equator and adapted to resist heat and mold.

They grow tall and stretchy, the leaves are long and thin fingered and are light green. Especially equatorial varieties which have less chlorophyll and more yellow pigments in order to protect the plant from intense light, temperate varieties are darker green. Long internode spacing and airy buds allow optimal airflow to stay dry and cool.

Some plants I feel we have bred so much they wouldn't survive in the wild - an interesting thought I had.
Thanks for that post that was fun to read!

That is very true, and why breeders advertise seeds "for indoor" cultivation. After many generations of breeding and living in a consistent environment, the plants become less prepared for change. Versus unadulterated landrace genetics that have endured the unpredictable outdoor weather for thousands of years and happily welcome it.

:tiphat: your welcome, haha.

Heres another interesting read in reference to environment about clones from the same mother displaying different phenotypes.

From Royal Queen Seeds

GENOTYPE, ENVIRONMENT, PHENOTYPE

Every living organism is the result of evolution that works by the same basic principle. The genotype or genetic code carries all the genetic information regarding growth, appearance, and all the characteristics we can later observe.

It’s crucial to understand that a genotype or genetic code is not something that is set in stone but rather defines a certain range of possibilities. It mainly depends on the environment the organism lives in what specific bits and pieces of the genotype will be activated.

The interaction between genotype and environment results in a phenotype, meaning the physical expression of certain genes the environment triggered.

genotype (G) + environment (E) + genotype and environment interactions (GE) = phenotype (P)

QUICK EXAMPLE: PURPLE STRAINS

Let’s examine a cannabis related example to get a better idea. You purchase seeds from a reputable breeder and intend to grow a purple strain.

Instead of growing all plants in your indoor grow tent, you’ll decide on moving half of your plants outdoors. Besides the fact that no plant seems to be identical to one another, you’ll notice that the plants in your outdoor garden are much richer in purple colours compared to the ones in your indoor grow tent.

Although the genotype carries the information to produce purple hues, it’s the environment, and in this particular case, the temperatures of the environment, that allow two different physical expressions (phenotypes) from seemingly the same genetic code (genotype).

if you’re aiming for maximum efficiency and consistency, your best option is to select a mother plant to take clones from. These clones copy the genotype of the mother plant 1:1 and you’ll continuously end up with the same phenotype assuming a constant environment.

Let’s say you grow one of these identical clones using a hydro set-up, and one in organic soil. This varying environment might result in different phenotypes of the same genotype.

mushroombrew

Veteran
Then sativas originate from hot and humid tropical environments near the equator and adapted to resist heat and mold.

They grow tall and stretchy, the leaves are long and thin fingered and are light green. Especially equatorial varieties which have less chlorophyll and more yellow pigments in order to protect the plant from intense light, temperate varieties are darker green. Long internode spacing and airy buds allow optimal airflow to stay dry and cool.

That is very true, and why breeders advertise seeds "for indoor" cultivation. After many generations of breeding and living in a consistent environment, the plants become less prepared for change. Versus unadulterated landrace genetics that have endured the unpredictable outdoor weather for thousands of years and happily welcome it.

:tiphat: your welcome, haha.

Heres another interesting read in reference to environment about clones from the same mother displaying different phenotypes.

From Royal Queen Seeds

GENOTYPE, ENVIRONMENT, PHENOTYPE

Every living organism is the result of evolution that works by the same basic principle. The genotype or genetic code carries all the genetic information regarding growth, appearance, and all the characteristics we can later observe.

It’s crucial to understand that a genotype or genetic code is not something that is set in stone but rather defines a certain range of possibilities. It mainly depends on the environment the organism lives in what specific bits and pieces of the genotype will be activated.

The interaction between genotype and environment results in a phenotype, meaning the physical expression of certain genes the environment triggered.

genotype (G) + environment (E) + genotype and environment interactions (GE) = phenotype (P)

QUICK EXAMPLE: PURPLE STRAINS

Let’s examine a cannabis related example to get a better idea. You purchase seeds from a reputable breeder and intend to grow a purple strain.

Instead of growing all plants in your indoor grow tent, you’ll decide on moving half of your plants outdoors. Besides the fact that no plant seems to be identical to one another, you’ll notice that the plants in your outdoor garden are much richer in purple colours compared to the ones in your indoor grow tent.

Although the genotype carries the information to produce purple hues, it’s the environment, and in this particular case, the temperatures of the environment, that allow two different physical expressions (phenotypes) from seemingly the same genetic code (genotype).

if you’re aiming for maximum efficiency and consistency, your best option is to select a mother plant to take clones from. These clones copy the genotype of the mother plant 1:1 and you’ll continuously end up with the same phenotype assuming a constant environment.

Let’s say you grow one of these identical clones using a hydro set-up, and one in organic soil. This varying environment might result in different phenotypes of the same genotype.

I am glad you brought the fact that environment affects phenotype.

When I switched on CO2 and my new spot three strains changed so much they are almost un recognisable. Sour Diesel changed the most. Fat maple like leaves have gone super sativa skinny.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
I am glad you brought the fact that environment affects phenotype.

When I switched on CO2 and my new spot three strains changed so much they are almost un recognisable. Sour Diesel changed the most. Fat maple like leaves have gone super sativa skinny.

I noticed this on my blue cheese plant outdoors also, its an 80% indica.

When i first put it out it was overcast skies the first like 2 weeks and the plant grew thick fat 9 bladed leaves bigger than my head all over.

When the weather started clearing up i began defoliating and topping it. The plants new leaves are all these like hybrid leaves in between indica and sativa now. The older leaves on the bottom are still fat thick indica leaves, but all the new growth took on a different type more sativa in growth.

mushroombrew

Veteran
I got to ask you - is that a tent set up? I want to get a tent up and going with a 315. Not sure on the light I heard a 315 lec could pull a pound each run and doesn't get hot - sounds too good to be true
No just one big room with high ceilings. Panda plastic for light blocking/separating areas. I had to move in Jan with 3ft snow! So had to slam a show together fast! Walls are in my future hopefully haha!!

Yeah I have been hearing good things about 315's. My preference is to use the entire room with a window AC unit. Even a 10x10 room with plants in the corner. I have generally have ventilation problems in a tent. Harder to use oscillating fans etc. That roadkill skunk pic I posted was in a free standing wardrobe! I have grown in just about everything. I would only use tents if I had to have veg and flower in the same room. Veg would be "free" and flower in the tent.

mushroombrew

Veteran
I noticed this on my blue cheese plant outdoors also, its an 80% indica.

When i first put it out it was overcast skies the first like 2 weeks and the plant grew thick fat 9 bladed leaves bigger than my head all over.

When the weather started clearing up i began defoliating and topping it. The plants new leaves are all these like hybrid leaves in between indica and sativa now. The older leaves on the bottom are still fat thick indica leaves, but all the new growth took on a different type more sativa in growth.

Those fat dark leaves are an adaptation to low light levels. So maybe that bright light made them "morph"

Can't tell you guys how much I enjoy growing this beautiful plant. So adaptable. And we have only been serious about breeding for 30 years or so. Long way to go gentlemen!

so I think the cure is about done and since I feel this project is completely finished that I would share some pics :D

showthread.php

IMG_8575.jpg

IMG_8578.jpg

IMG_8581.jpg

IMG_8579.jpg

lol got a half ounce in 4 buds :biggrin:

can't wait to see how she produces under the new setup I have - and a hps instead of these cheap chinese leds :laughing:

check out the journal here:

GonjaLove

Rusko have you smoked her yet? I did a run with like 26 or someshit thcbombs...was not at all impressed. Yea huge buds but the quality just wasn't there. The one pheno looked fantastic and the smoke wasn't terrible but to run it again...ehh won't be happening

GonjaLove

yes it is getting REALLY skunky! My girl says "the more it cures the more skunk it gets"
Really surprising! it is identical to skunk. Boveda packs are made for cannabis curing they keep the jars at 62% rh - by either removing moisture or adding it as needed. Pretty cool.
I have had really good experience with them - I used em last run with my sfv og kush and I noticed the buds got dense and stinky - more so then without the packs. Folks say that is because the buds get rid of moisture they don't need. They are good packs - I'm not a pro at curing so I like them because they remove any chance for error. :tiphat:

I found the opposite. The more it cured the less skunky it was. Skunky while growing but more earthy/berry-ish smell and taste as it finished and cured:tiphat:

Rusko have you smoked her yet? I did a run with like 26 or someshit thcbombs...was not at all impressed. Yea huge buds but the quality just wasn't there. The one pheno looked fantastic and the smoke wasn't terrible but to run it again...ehh won't be happening

that's too bad you didn't find a winner...
The bud I found this seed in was fucking superior - I think that is why this bud is soo good, it came from a winning phenotype.

check it out:

thcbomb_on.jpg

I have heard mixed reviews from people who grew thc bomb from seed.
I had a friend who grew some thc bomb out and said it was all that candy smell you mentioned - I feel this was accidentally pollinated - I wish I knew with what but it provided that skunk smell I believe.
Maybe the one you have that is good but not potent could be crossed with something more potent? She may be good for breeding.

Yeah I smoked it all lmfao - just like 4-5 ounces though. sucks now I'm out of bud... it took me a little longer to get my next cycle going because I made a whole new set up from scratch - now got a nice 4x4 tent with a 600w hps in there. Going from 3-300w mars hydro leds (2k lumen ea) to a 600w hps at 90k lumens :laughing: Hoping for a huge improvement on quality! I learned a bunch from my previous grows - enough to feel justified to spend so much on a new set up.

When I learned guitar I learned on a shitty yamaha - but once I got good my father bought me a nice Jackson that I still have today, beautiful guitar. I am using the same philosophy lol - no need buying a badass setup if you aren't a badass grower!

:thank you:

Latest posts

Latest posts