What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

THC Bomb bag seed

lol I filtered the trim kief and got a pretty much amount - it smells dank af and it pretty clean. You can see it is mainly composed of trichome heads with a little bit of greenery and debris. I just smoked some right now and am super fucking lit. I am going to go play some Metro 33 and trip out on that.
IMG_7951.jpg

IMG_8009.jpg

IMG_8018.jpg

mushroombrew

Veteran
Yeah bag seed can be great you just have to get lucky. Many "elite" clones are unknown from bag seed. Breeding stabilizes (ideally) strains so offspring are uniform. But most all "breeding" starts with some pollen chuck and luck. Too bad you didn't clone her.
For example the Exodus Cheese cut is just a Skunk #1 phenotype. I bet nobody considers growing skunks in this new OG world order. But if you popped 1000 seeds from any strain you would find a special lady trust me.

Yeah bag seed can be great you just have to get lucky. Many "elite" clones are unknown from bag seed. Breeding stabilizes (ideally) strains so offspring are uniform. But most all "breeding" starts with some pollen chuck and luck. Too bad you didn't clone her.
For example the Exodus Cheese cut is just a Skunk #1 phenotype. I bet nobody considers growing skunks in this new OG world order. But if you popped 1000 seeds from any strain you would find a special lady trust me.

I really want to get into making seeds - I wont call it breeding just yet :biggrin:
I completely agree with what you said. I kept this thc bomb (the original mom from the seed) and still have her around! I am going to keep for for a long time - I really like the herb the smell is kill and it is pretty potent. Thinking about getting it tested I live near Sequoia Labs.

mushroombrew

Veteran
Testing can be interesting. I can get a guy to come test for cannabinoids for $75 per batch/strain.
And that thc bomb looks epic! Looks very kushy.
What's the nose like? Meaning sweet or fuel?

Testing can be interesting. I can get a guy to come test for cannabinoids for $75 per batch/strain.
And that thc bomb looks epic! Looks very kushy.
What's the nose like? Meaning sweet or fuel?
thanks man! it has a bubblegum/candy smell and a gas/fuel smell. However, when a jar opens it makes the room smell like skunk [ambient]. It is early in cure so the smell may change.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Yeah bag seed can be great you just have to get lucky. Many "elite" clones are unknown from bag seed. For example the Exodus Cheese cut is just a Skunk #1 phenotype

Chemdawg and OG Kush are other great examples of what most likely were bagseeds turned legendary cuts. Both of them have a good deal of mystery behind thier lineage. There are suggestions that OG Kush is a pheno of chemdawg bred and stabilized.

In terms of keeping track of lineage, marijuana seems like a mess when you think about it in terms of all the mystery breeding and "trademark" nomenclature.

Its easy to assume that Cheese and skunk are unrelated without researching because thier names differ so greatly. Versus a strain like Northern Lights, they sprouted 11 seeds and the phenos were named NL#1, NL#2 through NL#11.

Example:
Skunk 1 derives from
(Colombian Gold x Afghani ) x Acapulco Gold

skunk 1 phenos:
Uk Cheese
Sweet Skunk
Roadkill skunk (afghan dom)

UK Cheese phenos:
Brightside cut
Exodus cut
Big buddha.
^(Stablised backcross attempt, tryed to trademark "cheese" as well...)

I bet nobody considers growing skunks in this new OG world order.

I really love skunk haha and indica, cant wait to do a Mr.Nice Critical Mass or Critical skunk run!

Last edited:

mushroombrew

Veteran
Example:
Skunk 1 derives from

skunk 1 phenos:
Uk Cheese
Sweet Skunk

UK Cheese phenos:
Brightside cut
Exodus cut
Big buddha.

I really love skunk haha and indica, cant wait to do a Mr.Nice Critical Mass or Critical skunk run!

I started out in the UK in 1990 with RKS in rockwool. Man talk about stink! Gave my mum a male as she loves plants. Cops were going door to door in her culdasac looking for the grow! Stank! she panicked and chopped him haha! Nothing compares to those old skunks. Most people were afraid to grow them. No scrubbers back then. So the smelly strains got filtered out.

P.S. Sorry Rusko bit off topic...

Chemdawg and OG Kush are other great examples of what most likely were bagseeds turned legendary cuts. Both of them have a good deal of mystery behind thier lineage. There are suggestions that OG Kush is a pheno of chemdawg bred and stabilized.

In terms of keeping track of lineage, marijuana seems like a mess when you think about it in terms of all the mystery breeding and "trademark" nomenclature.

Its easy to assume that Cheese and skunk are unrelated without researching because thier names differ so greatly. Versus a strain like Northern Lights, they sprouted 11 seeds and the phenos were named NL#1, NL#2 through NL#11.

Example:
Skunk 1 derives from

skunk 1 phenos:
Uk Cheese
Sweet Skunk

UK Cheese phenos:
Brightside cut
Exodus cut
Big buddha.

very interesting post! Thanks. I love strains but you're right they're a mess :laughing:
I didn't know that about chem or og kush. I thought Josh D created OG Kush - but I don't know any more then that.

I started out in the UK in 1990 with RKS in rockwool. Man talk about stink! Gave my mum a male as she loves plants. Cops were going door to door in her culdasac looking for the grow! Stank! she panicked and chopped him haha! Nothing compares to those old skunks. Most people were afraid to grow them. No scrubbers back then. So the smelly strains got filtered out.

P.S. Sorry Rusko bit off topic...
haha no it's cool! Damn a male stank that bad!!??! I would kill for a male like that :biggrin::biggrin:

mushroombrew

Veteran
haha no it's cool! Damn a male stank that bad!!??! I would kill for a male like that :biggrin::biggrin:
Ok cool. Yeah you have no idea what stank is until you smell old skunk. We used to describe the smell being able to "pound through brick walls". We had all the hash you can imagine available cheap so bud had to be ultra special to even rank. (1990)

I used to get searched at my college fairly often. I was growing in an apartment. All my clothes, books etc reeked. It's a shame odor control took so long to develop. All the busts were smell related in the UK. Then everybody went to zero smell NL#5 and NL#2 boring.

Take the best Sour D, Chem D, AK 47 some cat piss, fermented fruit and UK Cheese. Mix them together and you'll be about 1/4 of the way to a Roadkill Skunk.

I miss that smell so much. I am just blessed to have grown it in my lifetime.

I got a pic of the female somewhere. As in an actual print. It's all red and faded but I'll see if I can scan it in.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Ok cool. Yeah you have no idea what stank is until you smell old skunk. We used to describe the smell being able to "pound through brick walls".

I picked up some Bodhi seed's Goji OG a few years back like that. Without a doubt was the skunkiest, most powerful smelling weed ive ever had just pure skunk. I also picked up some afghani one time that reeked my block out like super pungent sweet hash.

Straight up those weeds made me realize firsthand what people meant by "loud". You open a jar and the whole block smelled it instantly, no way to keep it on the down low. They are legendary amongst my friends and I.

I really appreciate afghani genetics, they have done alot of good in my eyes. Did wonders in terms of improving yields and provided my favorite smelling types of weed, skunky and hashy.

Ok cool. Yeah you have no idea what stank is until you smell old skunk. We used to describe the smell being able to "pound through brick walls". We had all the hash you can imagine available cheap so bud had to be ultra special to even rank. (1990)

I used to get searched at my college fairly often. I was growing in an apartment. All my clothes, books etc reeked. It's a shame odor control took so long to develop. All the busts were smell related in the UK. Then everybody went to zero smell NL#5 and NL#2 boring.

Take the best Sour D, Chem D, AK 47 some cat piss, fermented fruit and UK Cheese. Mix them together and you'll be about 1/4 of the way to a Roadkill Skunk.

I miss that smell so much. I am just blessed to have grown it in my lifetime.

I got a pic of the female somewhere. As in an actual print. It's all red and faded but I'll see if I can scan it in.
At my college there are a tun of skunks and in the mornings I always would drive with the windows down and just enjoy the smell of the roadkill :laughing::laughing:
I love the smell of roadkill skunk it just is sooo dank!
Today I got some boveda packs to help the cure and I had all the jars open at once and it made the room smell almost identical to the roadkill skunk I would drive by at my old school. My girlfriend across the room said the same thing! :biggrin:

Totally blew me away. I want to call this stuff roadkill lol.
I'm getting a better light and grow setup I can't wait to run this stuff again under a cmh or hps (not sure yet)

my cheap leds didn't fully penerate and get the lowers dense - luckily the scrog came through and gave me some 4 gram buds!
:peacock:

I picked up some Bodhi seed's Goji OG a few years back like that. Without a doubt was the skunkiest, most powerful smelling weed ive ever had just pure skunk. I also picked up some afghani one time that reeked my block out like super pungent sweet hash.

Straight up those weeds made me realize firsthand what people meant by "loud". You open a jar and the whole block smelled it instantly, no way to keep it on the down low. They are legendary amongst my friends and I.

I really appreciate afghani genetics, they have done alot of good in my eyes. Did wonders in terms of improving yields and provided my favorite smelling types of weed, skunky and hashy.

dang that's good to know! Thanks for sharing I will look into those strains - sounds like you got a stinky pheno :woohoo:
What afghani did you pick up??
And we call that bust weed :laughing::laughing:
"no way to keep it on the downlow"

mushroombrew

Veteran

Hmm Goji OG I will look into that. Always looking for that Loud!