What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thai x Panama

Ras Kali Rasta

Hola @NOREGRETZ, for the new Thai x Panama regular version, we are using the same Thai mother as the fem version (also the mother of Thai Chi). The Panama male is a green F11, leaning towards the clear-electric side of Panama.

Hi dubi,
Can you tell us more about this male? I presume he is a son of Panama Goddess. Is he pretty much a stand in for her, or does he have some unique qualities to bring to the table?
I love the Goddess phenos. I also had one of the old woody green phenos that I liked a lot.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Are there many differences between the fem version and the regular version. I got the regular ones but I also want the feminized version to have more opportunity to get ¨more selected phenotypes¨ if that makes any sense.
Hi dubi,
Can you tell us more about this male? I presume he is a son of Panama Goddess. Is he pretty much a stand in for her, or does he have some unique qualities to bring to the table?
I love the Goddess phenos. I also had one of the old woody green phenos that I liked a lot.

Both versions are produced by pollinating the same Thai Chiang Mai mother (also mother of Thai Chi).
Panama Goddess is reversed to produce the feminized version, while a Panama male from a Green line (unrelated to Panama Goddess, and characterized by woody, lemony, floral terpenes, bright and clean happy effects, and a higher ceiling with fewer to no intoxicating side effects within the Panama gene pool) is used as the pollen donor for the regular version.

El Timbo

a Panama male from a Green line (unrelated to Panama Goddess, and characterized by woody, lemony, floral terpenes, bright and clean happy effects, and a higher ceiling with fewer to no intoxicating side effects within the Panama gene pool) is used as the pollen donor for the regular version.

I like the sound of that regular version - I have some Thai x Panama fems and my own Panama x Thai cross lined up for this summer. The Panama fems are very intoxicating!

Cannabrainer

Both versions are produced by pollinating the same Thai Chiang Mai mother (also mother of Thai Chi).
Panama Goddess is reversed to produce the feminized version, while a Panama male from a Green line (unrelated to Panama Goddess, and characterized by woody, lemony, floral terpenes, bright and clean happy effects, and a higher ceiling with fewer to no intoxicating side effects within the Panama gene pool) is used as the pollen donor for the regular version.
Now, I am more interested than ever in finding the greenest male from the regular version to spread his pollen on all of the feminized ones. Thanks for the information.

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi all,
here's a thai x panama I'm currently flowering out at 65 days. I've grown her out before and am keeping a bonsai mum. She needs roughly 12 weeks to finish. A few weeks to go :)
DSC00003.JPG

DSC00008.JPG

DSC00004.JPG

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Glad you are also giving Thai x Panama a try after the Panama Haze, @Chevy cHaze :yes:
Gorgeous colas forming there, a pity they reached mid-flowering with deficiencies.

Are the temperatures a bit cold? Do you encounter these problems early on in flowering? If so, try transplanting to a bigger pot with more soil in early flowering, adding more long-term nitrogen from worm castings, and try to be as precise with pH and EC in waterings and feedings as possible.

How is she on the nose at this point ?

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Glad you are also giving Thai x Panama a try after the Panama Haze, @Chevy cHaze :yes:
Gorgeous colas forming there, a pity they reached mid-flowering with deficiencies.

Are the temperatures a bit cold? Do you encounter these problems early on in flowering? If so, try transplanting to a bigger pot with more soil in early flowering, adding more long-term nitrogen from worm castings, and try to be as precise with pH and EC in waterings and feedings as possible.

How is she on the nose at this point ?
You're spot on Dubi...
Temps are 18C at night/25 day
I used small pots as I didn't want them (both the PH and the TP) to get too big in my mini setup.
Then the ThaiXPanama had to do extra time in the veg chamber and I had to cut her back due to some delays with the Blueberries and mostly the Kendal Green and it depleted a lot of the little soil volume... By the time I saw it and scheduled extra feedings, it was too late already and she was clearly on her way to finish. The plants won't turn their head once they see the finishing line so after 2 nute doses I stopped as she wasn't taking any of it...
I have all the amendments here now to give the soil more longer-term nutes on its way from the start and also I got some bigger pots to try, maybe I can keep them in check by pruning and supercropping/ LST.

All the best
CC

RobFromTX

ilovegrowing

Yeah, you are right @dubi , im trying to figure out a recipe for a good only water living soil mix. I took already just 2/3 of the recommended nutrients listed in the recipe i followed, but yeah, the original recipe is probably made for modern kushhybrids and not for more nutrient sensitive sativa plants. Thx for the tip :) just received a little treasure of seeds from you. That makes me very happy 😃

Last edited: