What's new

Thai weed from Thailand

funkyhorse

Forums and threads have dynamics of its own, same happens with crops all over the world
I think the thread belongs to Icmag, it doesnt matter who is the thread opener and all discussions on topic are welcome, specially when it is done in a civil manner, we all enjoy it and we all can learn

Same as many other things in the canna world, it is not very clear what is being called landrace and we are probably not having the same parameters
For me weed is a commodity, same as other crops like coffee or tea. The difference is this is not a legal crop and it reflects on the quality of current weed
Coffee and tea are being grown at the same place for many years, these grows get adapted to their unique terroir and produce consistent quality over time
Ganja production places are changing all the time, quality is not the same as before and I think the reason is plants are being grown in new areas where they need to adapt plus they are being grown by different farmers in the new regions. Reports indicate thai weed quality today is not the same as before
Well if you change the locations of the coffee bean plantations and you bring the same coffee bean somwhere else to grow, do you think quality will remain the same?
This is happening not only with weed but also with food. One thing is the Maasdam cheese I buy in Holland and another completely different thing is the rubbish cheese they sell here as Maasdam locally produced
In thailand for many years there was a war on drugs until not so long ago. Prohibitions and wars make the grows change locations and countries. The result is the quality of the effects going down and not being consistent

I read all this talk about landraces
So what is exactly landrace? Feral weed? Thai is not feral. Himalayan and manchurian weed are feral

Arjan has bad fame here. He is not guilty of the hybridization of weed in the planet. He is a businessman and his business is to sell hybrid weed.
Me as many other backpackers have given seed to the locals and people doing this are not thinking for a moment it will ruin the local weed. For me seed was always an unwanted product destined to be garbage and for the other backpackers it was the same. Backpackers are giving something that has no value to them and is a way of making friends or relations with the local people
Farmers running large crops dont do it because they love weed. They do it because they love money
If customers dont have any requirements or demands on the quality of the weed, then it will keep going down

In the case of Thailand and what we are seeing coming from the legal grows, there is no breeding at all. Seed is naturally produced from intersex plants that are not being chopped, pollen is flying all around and it is all a new scene in Thailand with people growing large crops again and learning how to do it from scratch. Weed moved from Thailand to Cambodia and then the buck of the production moved to Laos.
Ganja is not wheat, psychoactive effects change when plants move from location to location adapting to new terroirs and new conditions, grown by different farmers with different thinking and growing methods

Wally, I hope you dont mind, for me this is real life weed. There are not many things in the canna world I can use as reference. This weed is one of the very few different people have smoked
Since I arrived to South east Asia end of 90s until I left 7 years ago this was the common weed around.
This was the standard weed available all over south east asia
There were different batches, some better some worse. I didnt see any thai stick in my life and nobody heard of it when I arrived to Thailand end of last century. The smoke reports of thai stick match the effects of Punto Rojo or paraguayan of the 80s. Those creeper effects and 3 toke weed are lost today. War on drugs, paraquat and the focus put on productivity and 3 grows per year over quality are to be blamed
Wally, do you have the seed of these bricks?
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

My experience in the canna world growing is this: the oldest the strain is, the more I like it. It doesnt matter if hybrid or pure race
The difference is the effects I like I will find them in the sativa pure race long flowering one. The weed that is harvested in july southern hemisphere or january in northern hemisphere. It doesnt mean at all that all weed harvested this time is top notch, but the best effects for me are there. This creeper effect is what I look for in weed
I think if you want the effects back today we need to search in the old seed available and start all over again
The problem is there is no commercial incentive at all to do this. It seems all weed produced is sold no matter the effects at all, no matter if it gets you high or not.
So growers have incentive only to produce quantity but not quality today
Do you guys think breeding for effects has a market? Do you think a grower producing top quality weed like before will get a premium over a neighbour producing meh weed? If they all get the same money, it is clear farmers have no incentive at all to grow quality.
The reality is wine is produced at the same place for decades producing strains of quality and standards recognized worldwide and this is very far from happening in the canna world. I can access coffee grown in Kenya but ganja from Kenya is just a dream. I would love to try Mombasa weed and to be able to buy from a Mombasa dispensary. The way this world is attempts against quality and consistent results

Sawadeekhap weedebook 🙏
I hope you dont mind, people love thai weed
View attachment 19008067
Mango Changrai from north of thailand. After dry. Seal and put her on fridge temp about 30-34c.
after 1 week. smell mango smooth to smoke enhance high and a little body high.
@weedebook
This Chiang Rai weed you grow it yourself or is coming from one of the dispensaries? If it is dispensary weed, which dispensary it is coming from and what is the price of this Chiang Rai weed?
When I talk about having different parameters, I think this is an example
I think what weedebook calls little body high is very different from what is understood in the west as body
The ¨body¨ of a sativa is what I call down. It is like hangover, not a clean comedown. For me munchies is part of the down.
Since I am growing myself, I dont have this down or body anymore. I think it is a by product of the cure or the handling or nutrients being used

I think south east asian weed is just one and can be divided in tropical grown at lat 15N and north vs equatorial south of Lat 15 to lat 0. The creeper effects I like I found only in the tropical south east asian weed
And I think if we want the effects of the weed back, it need to be searched for in old seed.
I think the best south east asian weed today is old seed preserved in collectors fridges and it should be bred and start all over again with the current knowledge. The problem is this is not commercial and there is no commercial incentive to do this at all

weedebook

Forums and threads have dynamics of its own, same happens with crops all over the world
I think the thread belongs to Icmag, it doesnt matter who is the thread opener and all discussions on topic are welcome, specially when it is done in a civil manner, we all enjoy it and we all can learn

Same as many other things in the canna world, it is not very clear what is being called landrace and we are probably not having the same parameters
For me weed is a commodity, same as other crops like coffee or tea. The difference is this is not a legal crop and it reflects on the quality of current weed
Coffee and tea are being grown at the same place for many years, these grows get adapted to their unique terroir and produce consistent quality over time
Ganja production places are changing all the time, quality is not the same as before and I think the reason is plants are being grown in new areas where they need to adapt plus they are being grown by different farmers in the new regions. Reports indicate thai weed quality today is not the same as before
Well if you change the locations of the coffee bean plantations and you bring the same coffee bean somwhere else to grow, do you think quality will remain the same?
This is happening not only with weed but also with food. One thing is the Maasdam cheese I buy in Holland and another completely different thing is the rubbish cheese they sell here as Maasdam locally produced
In thailand for many years there was a war on drugs until not so long ago. Prohibitions and wars make the grows change locations and countries. The result is the quality of the effects going down and not being consistent

So what is exactly landrace? Feral weed? Thai is not feral. Himalayan and manchurian weed are feral

Arjan has bad fame here. He is not guilty of the hybridization of weed in the planet. He is a businessman and his business is to sell hybrid weed.
Me as many other backpackers have given seed to the locals and people doing this are not thinking for a moment it will ruin the local weed. For me seed was always an unwanted product destined to be garbage and for the other backpackers it was the same. Backpackers are giving something that has no value to them and is a way of making friends or relations with the local people
Farmers running large crops dont do it because they love weed. They do it because they love money
If customers dont have any requirements or demands on the quality of the weed, then it will keep going down

In the case of Thailand and what we are seeing coming from the legal grows, there is no breeding at all. Seed is naturally produced from intersex plants that are not being chopped, pollen is flying all around and it is all a new scene in Thailand with people growing large crops again and learning how to do it from scratch. Weed moved from Thailand to Cambodia and then the buck of the production moved to Laos.
Ganja is not wheat, psychoactive effects change when plants move from location to location adapting to new terroirs and new conditions, grown by different farmers with different thinking and growing methods

Wally, I hope you dont mind, for me this is real life weed. There are not many things in the canna world I can use as reference. This weed is one of the very few different people have smoked
Since I arrived to South east Asia end of 90s until I left 7 years ago this was the common weed around.
There were different batches, some better some worse. I didnt see any thai stick in my life and nobody heard of it when I arrived to Thailand end of last century. The smoke reports of thai stick match the effects of Punto Rojo or paraguayan of the 80s. Those creeper effects and 3 toke weed are lost today. War on drugs, paraquat and the focus put on productivity and 3 grows per year over quality are to be blamed

My experience in the canna world growing is this: the oldest the strain is, the more I like it. It doesnt matter if hybrid or pure race
The difference is the effects I like I will find them in the sativa pure race long flowering one. The weed that is harvested in july southern hemisphere or january in northern hemisphere. It doesnt mean at all that all weed harvested this time is top notch, but the best effects for me are there. This creeper effect is what I look for in weed
I think if you want the effects back today we need to search in the old seed available and start all over again
The problem is there is no commercial incentive at all to do this. It seems all weed produced is sold no matter the effects at all, no matter if it gets you high or not.
Do you guys think breeding for effects has a market? Do you think a grower producing top quality weed like before will get a premium over a neighbour producing meh weed? If they all get the same money, it is clear farmers have no incentive at all to grow quality.
The reality is wine is produced at the same place for decades producing strains of quality and standards recognized worldwide and this is very far from happening in the canna world. I can access coffee grown in Kenya but ganja from Kenya is just a dream. I would love to try Mombasa weed and to be able to buy from a Mombasa dispensary. The way this world is attempts against quality and consistent results

Sawadeekhap weedebook 🙏

@weedebook
This Chiang Rai weed you grow it yourself or is coming from one of the dispensaries? If it is dispensary weed, which dispensary it is coming from and what is the price of this Chiang Rai weed?
I think what weedebook calls little body high is very different from what is understood in the west as body
The ¨body¨ of a sativa is what I call down. It is like hangover, not a clean comedown. For me munchies is part of the down.
Since I am growing myself, I dont have this down or body anymore. I think it is a by product of the cure or the handling or nutrients being used

I think south east asian weed is just one and can be divided in tropical grown at lat 15N and north vs equatorial south of Lat 15 to lat 0. The creeper effects I like I found only in the tropical south east asian weed
And I think if we want the effects of the weed back, it need to be searched for in old seed.
I think the best south east asian weed today is old seed preserved in collectors fridges and it should be bred and start all over again with the current knowledge. The problem is this is not commercial and there is no commercial incentive to do this at all
From First farm form strain hunter ep2. if you live in thailand and want some i can give contact to you. I try many of weed but can't find smell and effect like old day i smoke. sorry for my eng .

weedebook

Sawadeekhap weedebook 🙏

@weedebook

I love weed too. Best weed i was smoke is near my home town near Trat province. it had golden and yellow skin orange hair. smell like pomelo sour Pungent and fragrant sticky and smooth. sorry for my english i will try to explain to you it to hard.

Last edited:

weedebook

You think is only Arjan, but almost everybody is giving seeds to the landrace farmers. And most of them are happy because landrace flowers have little market. If the customers of dispensary don't ask for Landraces this they are at risk of extintion because they are boycotted by the most parties of the modern cannabis culture
I miss old thai weed pls bring it back.

weedebook

Sawasdee kha & welcome Prempavee 🙏

No I don't think so. People from the West (Europe & US) will never learn of the mistakes made in the past in other countries like Jamaica, India, Mexico. Mexico went actually in another way due the paraquat operations of the Mexican government with help of the US in the 70s and later on Mexican drug kartels buying seeds in the 90s in the West for planting overthere. You will need the right contacts to find some reasonable landraces nowadays.

I smoke mostly Thai for medical purposes since the early 90s. Missed the period of the Thai stick era, but must say that the minty smelling Thai sold in the coffeeshops in the 90s, was even better than the Skunk that was sold. Purple Haze which was available in the early 90s with that Nag Champa aroma was a bit stronger to give it an idea.

Since 2008 I see an increase in demand of landraces for seeds. Thailand has an unique bunch of landraces and it would be a pity if that disappeared, because of the demand for the new Californian varieties. That demand won't stay forever. People in Jamaica now wants Bob Marley's Lambsbread, but its hard to find in Jamaica. On other Islands in the Caribbean region a professor found some, but not on Jamaica. Keep in mind, what is gone, will never come back.
I miss it so much.

weedebook

1707877307191.jpg

This is Chocolate thai. smell chocolate when try to make malawi cob.

Sawadeekhap weedebook 🙏

@weedebook

This is Chocolate thai i found when try to make malawi cob it smell chocolate. if jar cure it smell like grass and musty.

Last edited:

goingrey

Landraces are not feral. That is a misnomer from people jumping to conclusions based on what the name sounds like or something.

The term “landrace” has generally been defined as a cultivated, genetically heterogeneous variety that has evolved in a certain ecogeographical area and is therefore adapted to the edaphic and climatic conditions and to its traditional management and uses.

weedebook

ประสบการณ์ของฉันในโลกพุทธรักษาที่กําลังเติบโตคือ: ยิ่งสายพันธุ์เก่าที่สุดเท่าไหร่ฉันก็ยิ่งชอบมันมากขึ้นเท่านั้น ไม่สําคัญว่าจะเป็นไฮบริดหรือเผ่าพันธุ์บริสุทธิ์
ความแตกต่างคือเอฟเฟกต์ที่ฉันชอบฉันจะพบพวกเขาในการแข่งขัน sativa pure ออกดอกนาน วัชพืชที่เก็บเกี่ยวในเดือนกรกฎาคมซีกโลกใต้หรือมกราคมในซีกโลกเหนือ ไม่ได้หมายความว่าวัชพืชทั้งหมดที่เก็บเกี่ยวในครั้งนี้นั้นยอดเยี่ยม แต่ผลกระทบที่ดีที่สุดสําหรับฉันอยู่ที่นั่น เอฟเฟกต์ไม้เลื้อยนี้คือสิ่งที่ฉันมองหาในวัชพืช
ฉันคิดว่าถ้าคุณต้องการเอฟเฟกต์กลับมาในวันนี้เราต้องค้นหาในเมล็ดพันธุ์เก่าที่มีอยู่และเริ่มต้นใหม่อีกครั้ง
ปัญหาคือไม่มีแรงจูงใจทางการค้าเลยในการทําเช่นนี้ ดูเหมือนว่าวัชพืชทั้งหมดที่ผลิตจะถูกขายไม่ว่าผลกระทบจะเป็นอย่างไรไม่ว่าคุณจะสูงหรือไม่ก็ตาม
ดังนั้นผู้ปลูกจึงมีแรงจูงใจในการผลิตเพียงปริมาณ แต่ไม่ได้คุณภาพในปัจจุบัน
พวกคุณคิดว่าการเพาะพันธุ์เพื่อเอฟเฟกต์มีตลาดหรือไม่? คุณคิดว่าผู้ปลูกที่ผลิตวัชพืชคุณภาพสูงเหมือนเมื่อก่อนจะได้รับพรีเมี่ยมเหนือเพื่อนบ้านที่ผลิตวัชพืช meh หรือไม่? หากพวกเขาทั้งหมดได้รับเงินเท่ากันเป็นที่ชัดเจนว่าเกษตรกรไม่มีแรงจูงใจในการปลูกที่มีคุณภาพเลย
ความจริงก็คือไวน์ถูกผลิตขึ้นในที่เดียวกันมานานหลายทศวรรษโดยผลิตสายพันธุ์ที่มีคุณภาพและมาตรฐานที่เป็นที่ยอมรับทั่วโลกและสิ่งนี้ยังห่างไกลจากสิ่งที่เกิดขึ้นในโลกพุทธรักษา ฉันสามารถเข้าถึงกาแฟที่ปลูกในเคนยาได้ แต่กันจาจากเคนยาเป็นเพียงความฝัน ฉันชอบที่จะลองวัชพืชมอมบาซาและสามารถซื้อได้จากร้านขายยามอมบาซา วิธีที่โลกนี้พยายามต่อต้านคุณภาพและผลลัพธ์ที่สม่ําเสมอ

Sawadeekhap weedebook 🙏

@weedebook

Changrai from dispensarie. i find for myself not for sell. i don't like the smell of weed today.

In the past, in my hometown about 20 years ago weed was wrapped with paper. Next is a ziplock bag. and brick.