What's new

Thai Stick Test Grow

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Here's a few photos of one of the new sticks, first two with flash, and the last just window-light. These are smaller and fresher than before, but otherwise identical - the extra freshness means extra potency! Not the extremely homogenous interior - and no stick. I can't get any better macro shots with this camera, but putting the microscope on the cut end reveals nothing but resin crystals - it looks like crude hash...:)

Ulysses

Eman- that's like solid bud! Where are the stems? Do you think they peel the bud off the stem and then compress or roll the stick in plastic wrap/foil/parchment???

Clearly, the string is just a trademark of sorts...

I mean most Thai I have seen has lots of tiny stems but damn! Did you just saw that in half at a lucky junction where there were no stems???

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Not really - it's like that most of the way through. There are occasionally small stems - about an inch further in I encountered a couple, but nothing that would upset anyone. Last year I got some of the yellow thread versions, which are inferior, and there was a huge log in the middle, and my friend was kind enough to allow me to return it for a replacement. Now that's service...:)

But overall, it's just solid bud - really solid...:)

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Well here's where I nibble my hat. I just chopped open the other end, and there was a branch - or group of branches. After heaving and tugging for a while, I decided to unravel the thread and pull apart the 'stick'. After breaking it apart, I weighed the branches, and it came to 3g - out of a 50g stick.

So that's not bad, really, considering all the rest is smokeable. But I thought I should mention it for accuracy. Incidentally, it's only when you break it apart that you realise just how sticky this stuff is...:)

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
what about the seed content elevator man

how many roughly per stick

and are they crushed or like the last batch

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Hardly any seeds this time - maybe 10 per stick, but they're all perfect, and not crushed at all. I'm also saving the seeds from the Thai brick I have - more of the 'chocolate' type - very dark brown and less 'twangy' than the sticks, both in taste and effect.

smokeymacpot

Veteran
are u still going with these? my last 2 went hermi really bad and wouldnt stop (usually they stop :|), so i gave up with them and killed um.

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
Just thought you might want to know those Chinese characters say lo fu, or tiger. My bet is it was grown in Laos and packaged near the Chinese border. The area near the border is well known for quality cannabis. I might have to make a trip to Laos in the near future. :D Coming EM?

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
smokeymacpot - I'm not growing any right now, but I hope to get a clone of one of them soon. I've got my hands full with two genuine Highland Oaxacan Gold right now, and they need my full attention...:)

glock23 - I'd love to! Maybe if I can get my business moving, as I probably would have to visit at some point.

This latest batch of sticks is definitely the strongest yet - bordering on psychedelic if you push it. Much more pliable and less crumbly - very sticky with resin, and a very strong smell too. Hopefully they'll be around for a while, as I can definitely say that overall, this is the best imported weed I've ever smoked up to now. I might have had slightly stronger, or slightly more fragrant, whatever - but added together, the plus points of this stuff make it unbeatable...for me at least...

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
That sounds fucking delicious! :D I would love to burn a couple of spliffs with you EM. Those beans would probably do outstandingly well outdoors here. I just wish I had the dedication it would take to trek about 40 liters of water up a mountain slope to make it happen. ;)

Oh yeah, I wish I had the the seeds you have too :D I'd probably do Seedsman's Original Haze next.

Last edited:
G

Here's the only female I got to flower out of 3 plants from those seeds from the first batch of sticks, this one needed an 11/13 light regime to flower, the other took refused to flower even at 11/13 and were culled after 4 months. This one looks to be really good though, fingers crossed I don't get any male flowers! The last two clones of here aren't looking too clever, they have turned quite yellow in my bubble cloner, this is a bitch to clone, failed to root one out of more than a dozen! I had a similar problem cloning my Purple Afghan, went through aboput 30 or 40 cuts before I got one to root, now I've got 6 rooted ones, so hopefully I'll get a cut of this Thai to root eventually. She's gonna get a light sprinkling of Purple Afghan pollen shortly.

Thai at 120 days, finally flowering and looks like an extreme sativa expression:

DSCF0009.jpg

DSCF0041.jpg

DSCF0042.jpg

DSCF0054.jpg

G

Oh she's gonna go all the way to full maturity, might take 6 months, but she will be given as long as he needs, might be the only time I get to grow such a beast so gonna give her whatever she needs.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Has it stopped stretching now? Any idea how many weeks it did stretch? As in 'accelerated' growth, as opposed to just normal speed?

ThaiPhoon

Here's mine, from local "Thai" brick. She's about 18 weeks along. I've been spraying neem to keep the spider mites down. The extra N in the neem is keeping them nice and green. VERY fluffy...very fruity orange smell.

There are seeds made from a Vietchunk father in there too. Most seeds were picked out and the buds just stretched. I've got some of these seedlings just starting out.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Wow - looking great ThaiPhoon - good to see you're sticking with it. I just got some fresh stick the other day - very potent. I got a pic of a few stuck together, which I'll post when I get back from town.

smokeymacpot

Veteran
a little tip, which you might want to try.. half of one i did received extra lighting from cfls and the buds near the cfls went very dense, compared to the ones that were just getting hps. at the far end of the cab with less light, they seem to get more sparse :/

G

Lovely Thai, you have there Thaiphoon.

My Thai still survives, here she is at 147 days, many months to go! The clayxes are immense, the longest I have aseen, there is no doubt in my mind this is a pure sativa now, what a beat, I've grown my fair share of sats and this is as wild and untamed as they come. Well, actually, it would be THE wildest plant I've grown if it were not for the fact my Jahwi's Joy which is absolutely mental, I think these two sativas will be done in time for Christmas. I'll save some well cured samples for next year's 420 cup, so if you're gonna be there next year smokey, grab me and ask to try these if you like extreme sativas.

DSCF0036.jpg

DSCF0042.jpg

DSCF0043.jpg

DSCF0052.jpg

DSCF0053.jpg

DSCF0054.jpg

DSCF0055.jpg

DSCF0056.jpg

Elevator Man said:
Has it stopped stretching now? Any idea how many weeks it did stretch? As in 'accelerated' growth, as opposed to just normal speed?

Has it fuck! She is still gaining height all the time, the stretch has slowed down a little in the last week or so, but she is still sending up new branches, you should see the Jahwi's Joy, had to do so much bending she is a privet hedge!

Last edited:

smokeymacpot

Veteran
i look forward to seeing their progress. is the stretching annoying you yet? seems likes its never gonna end lol
so you really expect them to go untill december?? id have expected september/october
ive also got an idea i want to try with thai... how does a cfl scrog sound? the gits can stretch all they want then :muahaha:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts