What's new

Thai Stick Test Grow

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Very interesting thread Elevator Man,

It's great to see how growers are still interested to explore original genepools, even when we all know indoors results can not be compared with modern varieties.

Appearance and leaf serration on your plants are very 'thai'. Flowering promise to be very interesting, i hope you all can find non hermie parental plants to reproduce your thai lines!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
79 thai stick

79 thai stick

goldking said:
GKThai79,( the pure seeds)are as true old school thai as can be found IMO cause for 28 yrs,its never been crossed or polluted from neighboring fields, and has only been out of my possession for 3yrs for so. i miss C-b a y :-(

thai today most likely is a lil different, maybe even better. hopefully a lil shorter and faster to finish :)

stay warm GK

Hello GoldKing,

Not sure but I think you are talking about 20 thai's thai? He sent me some of his old seeds from 79' thai sticks, reproduced only 1 or 2 times in pure form since late 70s. It was hard to germinate them but i have a few here, i hope to find a 'pure' male and female to produce lot of fresh stock.

Nubie Biatch

Dubi,

If you are successful at reproducing some vintage thai I am sure there will be a good deal of interest. I myself am very interested.

Best of luck at making babies!

G

Old timey smoker here

Old timey smoker here

Hey dubi, just found this thread and I am stoked! I haven't read the whole thing yet but I like what I see so far. A long time ago (about 25 years or so) I was able to get thai stick for a while. It was so intoxicating and pungent. They were usually about 5 or 6 grams and were always wrapped with a strand of hemp. I havent seen any in years I hope that you can get something workin outta that, if you havent already. Peace and excellent thread!

Heres one from my micro:

smokeymacpot

Veteran
u know i said earlier nothing seemed to come from the thai x superskunk? well the plant has skunky smelling stems, they usually dont have that.. they might be interesting come flower time :chin:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Sorry for the slowness in response here folks - been a little busy. I'm hoping to germ some more Thai seeds soon, but the cabinet isn't built yet, and I'm struggling to see how I can grow everything I want to in the space available - I need, like, three times what I have!

I have managed to pull out a lot more seeds from these current sticks though, so the library is slowly filling...:)

smokeymacpot

Veteran
preflowers are showing on my 2 thai x superskunk, under 24hr light!! starting their 8th node. i will wait till after the weekend to get you a few pictures (have to borrow camera) and then they will go outdoors and they shall not be topped :)

I think its amazing. I know everyone here is already experienced with this, but would you mind explaining why exactly and where exactly your special "thai" breed is so important? It seems like you are going extra lengths to keep it happy, it must be special somehow, and I am unfamiliar with it completely.

smokeymacpot

Veteran
extinctx11 said:
I think its amazing. I know everyone here is already experienced with this, but would you mind explaining why exactly and where exactly your special "thai" breed is so important? It seems like you are going extra lengths to keep it happy, it must be special somehow, and I am unfamiliar with it completely.

it has one of the highest thc levels (something like 25%) :muahaha:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Back together again...

Back together again...

I just got word from my friend that the surviving Thai plant is making a recovery - god knows what stage it's at, as it must be on about 18 weeks by now. I think it's outside though, which means it's revegging probably!

Anyway, he's bringing me a branch over to take some clones from. Don't know what I'll do with them, as I don't have room for Thais in my new chamber - much too small, and I have way more important stuff on the way, but I've got to take them for now, just for safety...:)

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
Wow EM, sounds like you're doing big tings. :) I have to lay low for a while. The pork/filth's been sniffing around. Fortunately, I'm completely clean.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
I'm struggling to contain it all actually, and may have to get a little more tight myself - got a lot of work to do too, and can't afford any hiccups at this stage. And got a good set of genes to play with next that have to take priority over everything...:)

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi elevator man

just to let you know

i would keep ahold of the thai

i smoked a joint the last time i posted on this thread
man is this shit crazy
very racy,i mean very racy
the taste was not thye best but it looked like it was 3-4 weeks in flower if it was a normal hybrid but it was at least 15 weeks,it has now started to put on lovely resin, im very excited and im going to let her go until the end,the yield wont be huge but it looks and smells real good
will get some pics up soon
its hard to ge a good close up pic as it is so leafy

SuperStoned

Hi elevator Man, been a while :wave: , I am the one formally known as neilspotshop hehe.
I have the two thai plants in flower under 12/12 currently, but i am not really sure on the dates. They are probably around 70 days give or take a week.
I am about to have ago at rooting a couple of clones from each plant. Also plan to hit them up with an Ethiopian highland male i have. Just waiting patiently for him to drop some pollen, i hope i am not to late but will give it ago anyway.
~Good luck with your new plants/grow room!

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
SuperStoned - There you are! Good to hear from you again! I'm so glad the Thais are still going - I've still got seeds from the old and the new sticks, so I can always get some mroe going in a more 'roomy' space than mine - a greenhouse next summer would be ideal.

OJD - I'm so glad it's turned out as powerful as we hoped - and that it's definitely Thai beyond any doubt now. And I don't mind a leafy pic - better than nothing...:)

Not sure which pheno I'm getting back, but I'll be sure to try and get it multiplied asap and then I can love them long time...:)

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
for now heres 1 picture of the thai,its to big to drag out and tacke pics but before i chop her i will take plenty of pictures,going to give her as long as i can
ive chop a few branches for testing and it is some racy strong sativa,leaves you figiting like crazy,not the best taste but this was early and had no flush has been on plain water for a while but i definately over did the nutes at the begining so im going to stil give a flush

Last edited:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Hey, those calyxes are pretty resinous - that's a promising sign! I knew we were onto something good with those sticks...nice one for sharing that...:)

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
it looks alot beter than the picture shows and that is a lower smaller nug,its just so leafy so hard to get a good shot of calyxes
but i will take many shots before i harvest

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks jdog

i will be starting your seeds after i get back from the cup in nov along with many other seeds