What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thai Chi

Azure

Two Thai Chi out in the wild.
F8E26285-1477-497E-85A5-4EA7F4173E6D_1_105_c.jpeg

9F954DB9-43C3-4F55-B412-244D55FD1E53_1_105_c.jpeg

The Zientist

Veteran
Hi,

As I understand from this thread, Thai Chi is a light feeder. If using Biobizz soil, you think I should go for Lightmix or Allmix in final pot? @dubi
Light mix + extra perlite/rice hulls at 10-20% would be my bet.

They tolerate higher EC ranges in my experience, though prefer and are extremely efficient under a low N feeding regime.

I agree with @revegeta666, though I've had more success in general using proper coco (pre composted, rinsed and buffed) as a structural base that amendments are added, instead of light mix. Way more cost efficient as well.
Basalt rock dust, rice hulls and good vermicompost seem to be making a huge difference from previous repeated cycles.

Last edited:

LHC

Light mix + extra perlite/rice hulls at 10-20% would be my bet.

They tolerate higher EC ranges in my experience, though prefer and are extremely efficient under a low N feeding regime.

I agree with @revegeta666, though I've had more success in general using proper coco (pre composted, rinsed and buffed) as a structural base that amendments are added, instead of light mix. Way more cost efficient as well.
Basalt rock dust, rice hulls and good vermicompost seem to be making a huge difference from previous repeated cycles.
Thank´s a lot. That is some very useful information.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Love to see you growing 2 Thai Chis this outdoor season @Azure friend, thank you very much!

After your positive experience with Panama x Bangi Haze @LHC , glad your considering Thai Chi to grow next, quite different in effects and terpenes to P x BH, yet also great and unique!

It's been a long time since i use Bio Bizz soils, but i think the balanced sativa/indica phenos will do fine in All Mix while the more Thai leaning shaped expressions would prefer softer soil mix like Light Mix does.

LHC

Love to see you growing 2 Thai Chis this outdoor season @Azure friend, thank you very much!

After your positive experience with Panama x Bangi Haze @LHC , glad your considering Thai Chi to grow next, quite different in effects and terpenes to P x BH, yet also great and unique!

It's been a long time since i use Bio Bizz soils, but i think the balanced sativa/indica phenos will do fine in All Mix while the more Thai leaning shaped expressions would prefer softer soil mix like Light Mix does.
Looking so much forward to grow the Thai Chi. I will use lightmix and coco mix with a little wormcasting and some amenmendts.

Funkalicious

The funky crew has 8 Thai Chis in a guerilla situation. The two mother plants were planted early June, and they are looking fantastic!

Very excited, hopefully weather will allow them to finish without mold etc end October. This is a mountain grow at 1000m, 47°N
IMG-20230718-WA0003.jpg

Last edited:

terroirist

The funky crew has 8 Thai Chis in a guerilla situation. The two mother plants were planted early June, and they are looking fantastic!

Very excited, hopefully weather will allow them to finish without mold etc end October. This is a mountain grow at 1000m, 47°N
View attachment 18867793
Beautiful challenge, mountain grow must be challenging though, so much wilderness around :eek: , dangers... But the end product could be stellar ! Good luck guys.

Funkalicious

Beautiful challenge, mountain grow must be challenging though, so much wilderness around :eek: , dangers... But the end product could be stellar ! Good luck guys.
Thanks a lot @terroirist !

It's been several years of growing in this guerilla spot. The results have been pretty decent considering the suboptimal solar exposition and everything.. It's a lot of work.. But it's a wonderful experience to be in the forest, have a hike, and see your ladies growing.

Hoping this year will be a record breaker!

Mountainkush

Started another Thai Chi to grow this run. Really different from the first one I grew and this one smells just like the Kalichina I just grew over the winter. And like the other plants I’m growing, it’s not 100% happy with the soil I’m using.
273F2630-9B81-49B8-A4FB-011A10C2BDE5.jpeg

Hey Dubi,
I also started an outback haze x Kalichina to grow with her to see how they compare after you mentioned the outback reminds you of a pure Thai without much haze influence.
3708297D-2F3F-4E14-86F6-7E044B4F2ACC.jpeg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Exciting @Mountainkush friend :)
The Thai Chis with Kali China terps and the extra up sativa high from Thai are my favorite expressions within this line. And the comparison with Outback Haze x Kali China is definitely on point and super interesting.

Yeah, i found the Outback Haze that Karel from SSSC shared with me like a very classic lemony Thai of very clean, nervous, uplifting effects, with 0 NL/Haze influence, not sure if such influence will pop up when recombined in outcrosses, but since Outback Haze is very Thai dominant, the comparison between Outback Haze x Kali China and Thai Chi (Thai Chiang Mai x Kali China) is going to be relevant.

What are so far your impressions on this new cross ?

Mountainkush

Exciting @Mountainkush friend :)
The Thai Chis with Kali China terps and the extra up sativa high from Thai are my favorite expressions within this line. And the comparison with Outback Haze x Kali China is definitely on point and super interesting.

Yeah, i found the Outback Haze that Karel from SSSC shared with me like a very classic lemony Thai of very clean, nervous, uplifting effects, with 0 NL/Haze influence, not sure if such influence will pop up when recombined in outcrosses, but since Outback Haze is very Thai dominant, the comparison between Outback Haze x Kali China and Thai Chi (Thai Chiang Mai x Kali China) is going to be relevant.

What are so far your impressions on this new cross ?
So far it smells amazing. It was smelling very unusual and nothing I could put my finger on. Lately is been smelling similar to the Kalichina side and I definitely get some lemon in the background but very faint. I’ll try to get some updated pics as those are about 2 weeks old and they are starting to put on some weight now.
Both the Thai chi and outback kali had the same veg time and training and ended up the same size.

Koondense

Veteran
Niiice to see the OutbackHaze x KC, I just flipped mine and now I'm waiting for the preflowers in the coming week.
Can't wait to hear more from Mountainkush about this plant, she certainly looks delicious.

Cheers