What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thai Chi

BuckeyeGreen

Thai Chi is available and check out Golden Tiger another Thai hybrid

Thanks for the heads-up on Mandala Seeds. I bought three packs of their seeds, Kalichakra, Satori and Krystalica about a month ago. Kalichakra was the first strain I grew, that was in 2011 and to this day the most vigorous growing strain I’ve ever grown. I didn’t think to back to them for the Tai Ci. I didn’t know they sold Ace Seeds and I was looking for a States side seller, trying to give locals some business.
I wasn’t looking for the Thai Chi at that time I bought the Mandala seeds. I frequently do that . I buy something and then a couple weeks later I see something else I want and I have to pay another shipping charge I wouldn't have had to pay if I had bought them at the same time. Grower’s curse.
I went to Mandala and picked up 3 Thai Chi.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi @Greencedar Tamed plants of short-moderate flowering time and stretching, and more indica influence in the structure and flowers are the most common plants to be found in Thai Chi hybrid, while the taller, long flowering and Thai structured plants are more the exception (approx 20 %).

Very Thai dominant Thai Chi expressions (lighter color, thinner stems, longer nodes, sativa leaves) will grow tall and will stretch strong like Honduras Haze did for you. The most common Thai Chi expressions with more Kali China influence stretch much lesser and flower faster, usually showing intense colors with a bit of cold temps.

Looks perfectly ripe @wuluz and good enough for being used as an ingredient for gastronomy!

BuckeyeGreen thanks for your interest, kindly send us an email to info@aceseeds.org and we will inform you accordingly.

BuckeyeGreen

Thanks Dubi but I was given a heads up that Mandala carries them so I picked up a three pack from them. I will have to wait a bit to get them because of the holidays and Devi told me it was best to wait to ship in early January. Devi said the postal service is overwhelmed over the holidays and shipping during that time wasn’t smart.
That’s fine with me because I probably won’t have room until February. I’m excited to get them and even more so after reading Dubai’s description.

Greencedar

Thanks Dubi. I forgot to ask about the time frame for stretching to finish. Will heavily thai influenced phenos take around 6 weeks to finish stretch like the GHH or do most of the phenos finish stretch around 2-3 weeks in?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Greencedar Thai Chi Kali China influenced phenos usually only stretch 2-3 weeks after switch to flowering, but the recessive Thai dominant pheno can stretch during the first 5 weeks of flowering, even 6.

MrHamilton

Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Just started soaking a new bean. First chance to grow in a few years and had to run some Ace in the first batch. Also have an old BubbaHash from 2014 that sprouted, but its a mutant.
Have always loved Ace’s work, but that red Thai from this line is a beauty.

wuluz

Looks perfectly ripe @wuluz and good enough for being used as an ingredient for gastronomy!
Thank you @dubi ...I made Cobs from two thirds of the flowers according to @Tangwena's instructions. A third is in the glass. The smells are very different, in the glass they are subtle like lemon and a little mint/sage. I'm totally in love with this smell.
The cobs smell very different but also very good. I'm really looking forward to the first tasting.
At the beginning I was afraid that the Thai Chi would not be ready, according to the description on the ACE homepage you can only grow the Thai Chi up to 45° latitude. I'm so happy that it worked out (47°). I even set up a lean-to greenhouse for this plant on the balcony. In this greenhouse I will plant a Mountain Gold and a Lebanese next year, I already have the seeds :).
thai_chi_.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Happy to hear @wuluz that you had a proper outdoor finish with Thai Chi at your latitude (47ºN) (y)
Please, share with us your opinion of the strain once you are more familiarized with her! :smoke:

Greencedar

These were flipped to flower Dec 6th 12/12 then dropped down to 11 hrs of light a few weeks later. TC3 is a seedling that was unique, it had a lot of side branching right out of the gate whereas the others were more like sticks in veg. It has an extra month of veg and was flipped at 18" tall compared to the others that were all coned and flipped after two weeks in soil (9" tall).

There's 3 plants in the back pot and 2 in the front. Off to the left are a second run of 2 Green Honduras Haze phenos, a crazy spider structured pheno and a christmas tree pheno.

TC1 is a little heat stressed (tent stays at 75 deg F, 40% humidity)
TC5 and TC1 appear to be the same pheno with no side branching
TC2 has thicker pistils, more upper branching, the most like Kali China
TC4 seems to be the most Thai
TC3 seems to be a nice hybrid, big stretch and looks to be a solid yielder

All have that unique tropical sativa smell (windex/ammonia, fruity) but are just starting to frost.

Attachments

• GHH2.jpg
    GHH2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 117
  • GHH1.jpg
    GHH1.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 115
  • TC5_Stick.jpg
    TC5_Stick.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 118
  • TC4_Thai.jpg
    TC4_Thai.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 119
  • TC3.jpg
    TC3.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 123
  • TC3_seedling.jpg
    TC3_seedling.jpg
    947.7 KB · Views: 119
  • TC2_Kali.jpg
    TC2_Kali.jpg
    931.9 KB · Views: 119
  • TC1.jpg
    TC1.jpg
    924.3 KB · Views: 119
  • TC_group.jpg
    TC_group.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 117

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for sharing pics of your current Thai Chi grow @Greencedar always interesting to have the chance to learn from different phenos. Your TC #1 seems so far the one with more Kali China influence in the flowering traits, the others are showing quite balanced Thai sativa and Kali China indica traits, we will be able to evaluate more things once they are more advanced (y)

And glad to see you keep growing the discontinued Green Honduras Haze limited edition, keeping the genetics alive ;)

Greencedar

Thanks for sharing pics of your current Thai Chi grow @Greencedar always interesting to have the chance to learn from different phenos. Your TC #1 seems so far the one with more Kali China influence in the flowering traits, the others are showing quite balanced Thai sativa and Kali China indica traits, we will be able to evaluate more things once they are more advanced (y)

And glad to see you keep growing the discontinued Green Honduras Haze limited edition, keeping the genetics alive ;)
Thanks Dubi. They seem fairly similar in smell as things move along. The glass cleaner smell isn't there like it was in the early weeks of flower and now they have a bright lemon/fruity zest smell and almost a jasmine/orange blossom floral thing. Very pleasant and fresh. Especially with TC3 which is quite frosty.

I haven't grown much thai but I'm assuming this is one of their traits. The kali china I grew was quite different in smell although I only tested one plant (grew it twice, once indoor and once outdoors).

Tranquilidade

Thanks Dubi. They seem fairly similar in smell as things move along. The glass cleaner smell isn't there like it was in the early weeks of flower and now they have a bright lemon/fruity zest smell and almost a jasmine/orange blossom floral thing. Very pleasant and fresh. Especially with TC3 which is quite frosty.

I haven't grown much thai but I'm assuming this is one of their traits. The kali china I grew was quite different in smell although I only tested one plant (grew it twice, once indoor and once outdoors).
Jasmine/orange blossom floral sounds like heaven. My purple pheno of Kali China had a tangerine/orange smell in mid-flowering; however, that divine smell disappeared very quickly. Also, the jasmine aromas you're referring to are probably what @dubi calls violets. This is also a trate of KC. If Thai Chi has a jasmine smell different to KC, I'm hooked.