What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thai A5 Haze

RottyRzr

I started the Thai A5 on 19 November and only sprouted 1 seed due to space limits. I'm growing it indoors and will be using my hydro setup. Nutrients will be Jacks 5-12-26, Calcium Nitrate and epsom salts for the magnesium/sulfer. I'll also give silica and humic/fulvic acid here and there. Media is coco/perlite in a 3 gallon air pot. This will be my 2nd time using a air pot. I grew the KA5H in the same size air pot and liked the results. I had trouble with fungus gnats and had to wrap the pot with gauze to keep the gnats from entering the pot through the holes in the side. The gauze still allows air so I don't negate the pots purpose. This time I used a paint strainer bag inside the pot to try to stop them that way.
Things are looking good so far but Im dealing with low RH now due to it being winter. RH inside has been as low as 20% so I had to run the humidifier some.
Right now nutrient level is .6ec and she seems to like it. As she grows a little more I'll start mainling to control height. I did that with the KA5H and it worked out well.
Here's a pic of the seedling.

Attachments

• ThaiA5 .jpeg
    ThaiA5 .jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 53

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Thanks for pointing out an Ace dealer that takes cards and ships to the USA. I got a pack of these for the stash. I will be watching how she does. Good luck!

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Thank you very much for supporting our work through our new retailers in your country, much appreciated @RottyRzr Glad you want to try next Thai A5 Haze after Killer A5 Haze! (y)
Dubi,

How is the growth and stretch compared to your KA5H? That was pretty manageable with 3 other healthy plants in a tall 4x4 tent.

Legalcdn

I started the Thai A5 on 19 November and only sprouted 1 seed due to space limits. I'm growing it indoors and will be using my hydro setup. Nutrients will be Jacks 5-12-26, Calcium Nitrate and epsom salts for the magnesium/sulfer. I'll also give silica and humic/fulvic acid here and there. Media is coco/perlite in a 3 gallon air pot. This will be my 2nd time using a air pot. I grew the KA5H in the same size air pot and liked the results. I had trouble with fungus gnats and had to wrap the pot with gauze to keep the gnats from entering the pot through the holes in the side. The gauze still allows air so I don't negate the pots purpose. This time I used a paint strainer bag inside the pot to try to stop them that way.
Things are looking good so far but Im dealing with low RH now due to it being winter. RH inside has been as low as 20% so I had to run the humidifier some.
Right now nutrient level is .6ec and she seems to like it. As she grows a little more I'll start mainling to control height. I did that with the KA5H and it worked out well.
Here's a pic of the seedling.
How's the RH now? Nice choice to grow, thai a5.

My nutrients are basically the same as yours. Keep an eye on the ppm. You may have to reduce the strength you are accustomed to mixing.

RottyRzr

Bad news. This plant started looking sickly. I pulled the plant and I'm now debating whether to pop another or start something else.
I don't think the problem was anything in my environment. Everything got a good cleaning after my last grow and I used new coco. Close attention to ph and nute levels was also priority.
I notice some strange growth including a 4 leaf stem and some weird crinkly new leaves starting to grow. The plant was also getting 'limp' for no reason I could determine. I wasn't gonna try to baby it along. I've got plenty of seeds to pop so I'll decide what to pop next.
Thanks for starting to follow along though.

Legalcdn

Bad news. This plant started looking sickly. I pulled the plant and I'm now debating whether to pop another or start something else.
I don't think the problem was anything in my environment. Everything got a good cleaning after my last grow and I used new coco. Close attention to ph and nute levels was also priority.
I notice some strange growth including a 4 leaf stem and some weird crinkly new leaves starting to grow. The plant was also getting 'limp' for no reason I could determine. I wasn't gonna try to baby it along. I've got plenty of seeds to pop so I'll decide what to pop next.
Thanks for starting to follow along though.
Do you start seeds in coco? Never tried as it seems like a micro management on watering. FWIW, i start in peat (flushed with water before) in 4 litre (1 gal) until flower. In flower, i pop the peat into coco and fire up auto watering.

I would pop another seed, the strain sounds really worthwhile.

Edit: i reread you are in air pots with coco.

RottyRzr

Do you start seeds in coco? Never tried as it seems like a micro management on watering. FWIW, i start in peat (flushed with water before) in 4 litre (1 gal) until flower. In flower, i pop the peat into coco and fire up auto watering.

I didnt start the seed in coco but I have in the past. Using a small solo cup works great. No 'micro management on watering'. I've been using starting plugs similar to root riot but Im not sure of the name right now. They've been working great. Once roots are growing through the side I transfer to a larger container with coco/perlite. Once it grows out some I'll up-pot to another container.

I may pop another but I've also got some Cinderella 99 I've been wanting to grow for a long time. I'll give it some thought.

Thanks

Legalcdn

I didnt start the seed in coco but I have in the past. Using a small solo cup works great. No 'micro management on watering'. I've been using starting plugs similar to root riot but Im not sure of the name right now. They've been working great. Once roots are growing through the side I transfer to a larger container with coco/perlite. Once it grows out some I'll up-pot to another container.

I may pop another but I've also got some Cinderella 99 I've been wanting to grow for a long time. I'll give it some thought.

Thanks
Good technique. C99 was super fast but rare to find the grapefruit pheno. Mine was citrus (pineapple/mango). I nice smell.

Honestly, Ace has so many super strains better than c99. I have grown a few c99 (joey weed) and it was good and fast finishing but Malawi/Bangi haze/MalxPanama were better.
I am close to the finish line with CBG Destroyer and i have Golden Tiger in holding pattern.

Life is short, start growing.

Airloom

Veteran
I've also got some Cinderella 99 I've been wanting to grow for a long time. I'll give it some thought.

Ive got some C99 going now and I’ve been cribbing lots of info here about that strain.

Just wondering what genetics your C99 are.

(Real bumme about the Thai, I’ve got some of those in the queue as well)

Peak Seed BC genetics of C99 supposed to be excellent. I grew Brothers Grimm C99, Rosetta Stone, Durban Thai C99, plus C99 and Honeydew from Kwik Seeds this year outdoors (NE US)

They were all very good but I didn’t focus enough on them.

I’ve got clones of all but the Honeydew in my 4x4 now. They’re 3 weeks into veg and already skanking up the tent. I’m very excited to have just those 4 to focus on and pretty sure the yield will be much better. I’m also inexperienced so I’m gonna get more cuttings before I flip the light just in case there’s anything really special.

Too many seeds not enough time

Airloom

Veteran
I have some Peak Cindy 99 running now. Also making some Cindy haze seeds. Get withLostTribe about some Cindy, he’s the man.
I thought someone would affirm that. I’m all over this forum looking for info. I have to use the search function in my notes if I want to pull up anything I’ve read…….
Love this forum 🔥🔥

RottyRzr

Ive got some C99 going now and I’ve been cribbing lots of info here about that strain.

Just wondering what genetics your C99 are.

(Real bumme about the Thai, I’ve got some of those in the queue as well)

Peak Seed BC genetics of C99 supposed to be excellent. I grew Brothers Grimm C99, Rosetta Stone, Durban Thai C99, plus C99 and Honeydew from Kwik Seeds this year outdoors (NE US)

They were all very good but I didn’t focus enough on them.

I’ve got clones of all but the Honeydew in my 4x4 now. They’re 3 weeks into veg and already skanking up the tent. I’m very excited to have just those 4 to focus on and pretty sure the yield will be much better. I’m also inexperienced so I’m gonna get more cuttings before I flip the light just in case there’s anything really special.

Too many seeds not enough time
I got mine from Brothers Grimm a while back and just haven't gotten around to starting them. Same story with a lot of other seeds I have. A good problem to have I guess!

What dod you think about your Brothers Grimm C99?

RottyRzr

Started soaking another Thai A5 today. Im also gonna try to make room for the C99 also. I've heard good and bad about the newer Grimm C99 but it's what I have and I'd really like to give it a go.

I saw in your other post that you have Golden Tiger in your lineup. I've got some Golden Tiger 3rd version that I plan to grow this spring.