What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TGA Genetics- Concerning Potency...

S

sourpuss

Yeah I dunno what kind of potency peo0le r looking for. There r stronger strains than tga... if u want strong get some deadhead seeds.. hope they dont herm:) if you get a keeper thats some straight fire power..... astonishing.... what a word:) but fitting...

S

sourpuss

I got the chance to talk to Sub a bit at the cannabis cup and dude clearly knows his shit and doesn't hide the fact about his preference of breeding taste over potency. He experiments in his ways with how he wants his strains to be. If everybody grew just for potency we would all be growing like OG, TW and GDP over and over and nothing would ever evolve or change, and that gets boring fast.

Everyone wants those great tasting strains that still can punch you in the face, but they don't happen overnight. Strains like jilly and space bomb help pave the way for that when someone else will decide to breed and cross against to make something really special. Variety is the spice of life as they say, and places like TGA serve their purpose and help strains change and evolve as we learn to evolve how we grow.

We should be hating real pig headed pricks like Cali Connection. Dude doesn't do shit to create strains just copies real ones.

Gdp is stronger than cali deadhead? Or even any other cc strain? Imo gdp is weak... or i smoked fake. Dunno

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
If everybody grew just for potency we would all be growing like OG, TW and GDP over and over and nothing would ever evolve or change, and that gets boring fast.
i think it's been said already but subcool strains have great terpene profiles. He breeds for flavor and it shows. if potency is the desired trait then just make bho with your subcool harvest.

I've smoked a few really good batches of bho made from vortex, agent orange, and cheesequake. The flowers are pretty and tastey but not very potent.

Mikenite69

Veteran
Lmao

Lmao

All our patients love how Agent Orange has no ceiling, or how plushberry helped back pain, or how vortex helps with spasms and anxiety. You idiots could always go buy yourselves some heroine or cocaine if your looking to get "high". Most strains from breeders are pheno specific. Know what that means? Of course not or you wouldnt be bashing any breeder. We've won two local bud competitions (festivals) with agent orange, of which is better than most ecsd phenos out there. Educate yourselves before running your pi$$flaps about breeders.

Ya your subcool gear might be stronger than some phenos of ecsd out there because most ecsd in seed form is ok but compared to the clone only ecsd your subpoop gear doesn't stand a chance in the high department.

wiesser

Lots of TGA bashing going on here, I'll throw ya my two cents. I feel that possibly some of TGAs newer strains might be a little diluted, hard to keep quality control in check with 20+ strains and coming from who knows how many different gardens. Not sure I agree with Subs open source breeding strategy, however I have grown his Chernobyl, two different phenos, both off the hook. Incredible smell, taste and potency. Probably the best overall ganja i have ever grown /smoked in 12-13 years in the growing game. Only knock would be on yield but I could care less about that. I'd rather have a 4-5 oz plant of super funky dank than 8-10 oz of something less. I love encrusted trichromes, won't settle for anything less after running that Chernobyl. Currently running ace of spades, plush berry,Chernobyl, 9lb hammer, the flav and penny wise outdoor. All are kicking serious ass. Would recommend tga gear to anyone. I know a lot of people swing on DNA genetics' nuts, I've grow their sour kush and '91 Krypt, both very average. Would not grow them again. Sour kush is dog shit, the '91 is better but not a keeper.

smokeyla1

I find flavor and taste the top things I look for in a strain, as long as it has acceptable potency so I'm growing out a few of his strains like agent orange, querkle, jacks cleaner 2 and Chernobyl. I don't need to be wacked when I smoke but I'll see how these strains pan out. Seems ever single breeder has there unhappy customers.

fabvariousk

Veteran
This thread is bullshit.
If you cannot find potency in jacks Cleaner or Apollo 13 you are just not a very good grower.
Every criticism made about sub could be made about BOG.
Do you have a problem with the potency of his stuff too?
If you know what you are doing TGA genetics will stand up to anyone else's.

St. Phatty

Just did a run of the Vortex, I'm very impressed and will be growing on a regular bases...

Check it out at... https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=285352

View Image

That Vortex looks like Cinderella and Apollo.

If there's one thing Subcool does well, besides selling beans for flavorful and potent medicine, it's to illustrate what economists call 'product differentiation'.

A lot of TGA's strains are very similar. Because each strain typically has 2 or more phenotypes, and they have a lot of fruity Cinderella looking & behaving strains, there is a bit of overlap between their strains.

But - so what ? If I want to spend $49 to try Jack the Ripper, having spent $49 to try Apollo - what the hell, that's our hobby.

But it is also evidence of Subcool's business acumen.

Personally, I think what he is doing is a great example of the growing Cannabis economy, and one that could be used as a business school case study. He's making good money, and he's not ripping anybody off (on the seeds.)

And yes, there are more potent strains. I'm thinking that OG Raskal's 2 White Fire strains may be more potent.

JointOperation

I got the chance to talk to Sub a bit at the cannabis cup and dude clearly knows his shit and doesn't hide the fact about his preference of breeding taste over potency. He experiments in his ways with how he wants his strains to be. If everybody grew just for potency we would all be growing like OG, TW and GDP over and over and nothing would ever evolve or change, and that gets boring fast.

Everyone wants those great tasting strains that still can punch you in the face, but they don't happen overnight. Strains like jilly and space bomb help pave the way for that when someone else will decide to breed and cross against to make something really special. Variety is the spice of life as they say, and places like TGA serve their purpose and help strains change and evolve as we learn to evolve how we grow.

We should be hating real pig headed pricks like Cali Connection. Dude doesn't do shit to create strains just copies real ones.

I wont support anyone like that honestly. I vote with my DOLLAR.. you want local farms to stay alive.. you want American built businesses to stay in AMERICA.. well if OUR VOTES DONT COUNT. OUR MONEY SURE DOES.. so spend your money on LOCAL BUD.. LOCAL FOOD.. LOCAL BUSinesses.. the mom and pop shops is what we need to keep in this country.. not big corporations like WALMART..

SuBFool is a dumb hick. who has the right connections to get some really good genetics.. then he did some PHUCKING and sold a bunch of Newbs tons of shit that looks good smells good tastes good.. but potency isn't there..

same will cali connections.. really.. he just stole peoples shit.. and will make any seeds that have a hype.. I bet if the online community.. BLEW UP A FAKE STRAIN NAME AND SHOWED AMAZING Looking BUds ANd plants.. that the name would be stolen.. and cali connections would have seeds out within MONTHS.. lol..

JointOperation

This thread is bullshit.
If you cannot find potency in jacks Cleaner or Apollo 13 you are just not a very good grower.
Every criticism made about sub could be made about BOG.
Do you have a problem with the potency of his stuff too?
If you know what you are doing TGA genetics will stand up to anyone else's.

I think we found a friend of subcool. or atleast someone trying to ride him.. lol.. subcools genetics aren't HORRIBLE. and yes u can find potency in some of them yes.. but atleast 75% of his seeds turn out SHIT POTENCY....

we aren't saying that his buds don't look great lol.. but in a world were potency rules.. if I pop 3 different strains.. and don't find a single keeper that is as potent or more potent then a cross I MADE.. then I consider the breeder to be a PHUCKER.

and this is true with tons of breeders.. GHS for example.. ive never grown a plant that looked so shitty. didn't smell . look .. taste.. or anything.. that description is a fucking LIE..

I just don't like how breeders go out saying.. ooo my shit is the most potent.. its like if u really thought that. ud show LAB RESULTS TO PROVE IT..

the funny thing is . I got a deadhead og kush clone.. from a friend.. and wen he said CAli Connections I almost told him to fuck himself and keep the dam thing.. but I grew it out.. he grew it for 2 years no hermies.. so I took it . grew it . and just like sourpuss said .. some potent ass shit.. so ya.. cali connections lies about genetics.. name drops.. and does grimey shit.. so I wont ever buy his seeds.. but.. this DEADHEAD.. is BEING KEPT.. for sure.. I mean honestly. I wont support shitty grimey breeders. but if I receive a clone as a gift.. and my boy went threw like 10 packs to find this 1 keeper.. im not going to turn it away..

but people don't get it .. its all about using the right clones or strains to begin with.. u can pop seeds.. and if ur basing your shit on looks and stuff and not basing it on the cured and smoked product. then you end up like subcool.. with a bunch of genetics.. that look amazing.. but wen u smoke it .. ur left asking yourself.. what the fuck happened?

the selection process of breeding is so important.. and a lot of people don't learn shit they just chuck.. an find out they made some decent seeds.. and boom u have another SWERVE.

S

sourpuss

Another nice potent strain is ghostrider. Cuts through most with a great indica buzz... dry mouth, red eyes, smooth ride into bliss, love it. The taste is amazing too... hashy slight spice earthy..

Last edited:

fabvariousk

Veteran
Have you seen my shit JointOperation?
I really don't have to answer to anyone on here do I?
Yes I am a fan of subs because of the incredible jacks cleaner pheno of lifesaver I grew thirteen years ago for three years, the vortex that transformed my genetics to the next level, and my 3d hybrids that are the most potent strains I have ever encountered.
You should be riding me sir!

relic1981

Veteran
I think we found a friend of subcool. or atleast someone trying to ride him.. lol.. subcools genetics aren't HORRIBLE. and yes u can find potency in some of them yes.. but atleast 75% of his seeds turn out SHIT POTENCY....

we aren't saying that his buds don't look great lol.. but in a world were potency rules.. if I pop 3 different strains.. and don't find a single keeper that is as potent or more potent then a cross I MADE.. then I consider the breeder to be a PHUCKER.

and this is true with tons of breeders.. GHS for example.. ive never grown a plant that looked so shitty. didn't smell . look .. taste.. or anything.. that description is a fucking LIE..

I just don't like how breeders go out saying.. ooo my shit is the most potent.. its like if u really thought that. ud show LAB RESULTS TO PROVE IT..

the funny thing is . I got a deadhead og kush clone.. from a friend.. and wen he said CAli Connections I almost told him to fuck himself and keep the dam thing.. but I grew it out.. he grew it for 2 years no hermies.. so I took it . grew it . and just like sourpuss said .. some potent ass shit.. so ya.. cali connections lies about genetics.. name drops.. and does grimey shit.. so I wont ever buy his seeds.. but.. this DEADHEAD.. is BEING KEPT.. for sure.. I mean honestly. I wont support shitty grimey breeders. but if I receive a clone as a gift.. and my boy went threw like 10 packs to find this 1 keeper.. im not going to turn it away..

but people don't get it .. its all about using the right clones or strains to begin with.. u can pop seeds.. and if ur basing your shit on looks and stuff and not basing it on the cured and smoked product. then you end up like subcool.. with a bunch of genetics.. that look amazing.. but wen u smoke it .. ur left asking yourself.. what the fuck happened?

the selection process of breeding is so important.. and a lot of people don't learn shit they just chuck.. an find out they made some decent seeds.. and boom u have another SWERVE.

interesting.. i just got gifted 1 black cherry soda teen and 1 qrazy train teen so ill be interested in how they turn out. gonna veg em for a bit first and take clones just incase. rubbing the stems smells pretty good. ive had space queen for a lil while now and i really like it... very pineapple tasting and fairly potent. more flavourful than potent though. i first questioned subcool when i heard he didnt think the arcata TW was worth keeping. shit that cut still makes me a happy guy. maybe its just me? we will find out soon enough.

Interesting threAd. I have a bunchof Chernobyl vegging now. I may just nugrun nectar it.
I get the feeli g subcool breeds for flavors and perhaps with an eye toward concentrates. Flowers might be low but if you concentrate that, you remove the potency issue and you still have the flavors.

Last edited:

Blender

seeing as how tga is shit potency...what genetics is the best investment for potency to knock one's self out?

I remember reading somewhere OGRaskal was something like 30% plus lab tested on The White when I saw it in some advertising before for club coupons...

St. Phatty

We're here talking about TGA's potency (or lack of).

meanwhile, TGA, Subcool, and Ms. Jilly are probably clearing 6 figures annually selling beans - little beans worth their weight in (almost) diamonds.

I would say Subcool got the better end of the deal. If nothing else, he continued Mr. Soul's work, AND made a bundle doing it.

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
I wont support anyone like that honestly. I vote with my DOLLAR.. you want local farms to stay alive.. you want American built businesses to stay in AMERICA.. well if OUR VOTES DONT COUNT. OUR MONEY SURE DOES.. so spend your money on LOCAL BUD.. LOCAL FOOD.. LOCAL BUSinesses.. the mom and pop shops is what we need to keep in this country.. not big corporations like WALMART..

SuBFool is a dumb hick. who has the right connections to get some really good genetics.. then he did some PHUCKING and sold a bunch of Newbs tons of shit that looks good smells good tastes good.. but potency isn't there..

same will cali connections.. really.. he just stole peoples shit.. and will make any seeds that have a hype.. I bet if the online community.. BLEW UP A FAKE STRAIN NAME AND SHOWED AMAZING Looking BUds ANd plants.. that the name would be stolen.. and cali connections would have seeds out within MONTHS.. lol..
don't forget to mention he only has like 1 or 2 males, and his gear has Hermed more than a few growrooms even though they don't do fems, a pollen chucker of the lowest order, and how many jack strains does one really need? I mean come on I'm all for spicy lemon pledge, but to have galactic jack, jack skellington, jack straw, nurse Jackie, Jack the Ripper, and two different versions of jacks cleaner? Sure you can Find potency in Apollo or the cleaner but I've found more potency in bagseed from people's Nirvana gear, they spent $20, I didn't spend shit. That satsuma it all.

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
Interesting threAd. I have a bunchof Chernobyl vegging now. I may just nugrun nectar it.
I get the feeli g subcool breeds for flavors and perhaps with an eye toward concentrates. Flowers might be low but if you concentrate that, you remove the potency issue and you still have the flavors.

I threw away my plushberry for total lack of buzz and tasting like cherry robutisson, but when I made bho it tasted more cherry less tusson but I'd pull like three gs an ounce, which is pathetic when you consider that my headband blasts eight every time, deathstar makes ten gs an ounce, and my mota rebel gear almost yielded more bho off a quarter than an ounce of plush blasted