What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TGA Genetics- Concerning Potency...

Lifebreather

Veteran
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• noble3.jpg
    noble3.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 9
  • noble4.jpg
    noble4.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
G

Gr33nSanta

My PennyWise #1 tested 1:1 thc cbd ratio and I have very stocked to report on that...

The lonely plate and the one in the middle in the group shot are the same plate, it goes like this : zioneaze, zioneaze, penny, penny, penny.

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
Interesting analysis green Santa.

I smoked a AOSxFLAV last night that got me very nice and irie. I've also smoked an AOS that didn't give me a head change. Sub has about thirty different strains and they are all based around a handful of cuts. There is just soooo much variation in a pack. It's fair to ay you won't find a keeper in a pack of ten, but you might haha

Midnight Tokar

Veteran
Interesting analysis green Santa.

I smoked a AOSxFLAV last night that got me very nice and irie. I've also smoked an AOS that didn't give me a head change. Sub has about thirty different strains and they are all based around a handful of cuts. There is just soooo much variation in a pack. It's fair to ay you won't find a keeper in a pack of ten, but you might haha

Actually that's not true at all. Most of his strains have 2 or 3 phenos and most people (myself included) find a keeper in just a pack of 5 seeds.

Lifebreather

Veteran
Actually that's not true at all. Most of his strains have 2 or 3 phenos and most people (myself included) find a keeper in just a pack of 5 seeds.

You gotta realize, though, this isn't saying much.

Not to be contentious, but "keeper" status varies significantly from person to person.

Being in Oregon, I've seen too many subcool "keepers" to count, most were just average pot (many below average), and only one has ever found a place in my garden...but keep in mind it has to be the cream of the crop to even be considered. So they're there.

budman678

Veteran

I'm very picky about what I keep around bc of limited space. While I have given out some TGA that I thought were good to friends, I didn't keep em myself. Like I said, a lot of variation in his packs. Not knocking him, I'm a weed nerd.

C

Cep

Don't despair. There is hope yet. My Vortex will be done in April and I will put up results of actual lifetime stoner smoke report. My plants look promising, shitload of budsites. Check it, 21 days into 12/12

Vortex was the only pack out of 4 that I little to complain about. The chance stability that this cross shows is a bonus. I haven't run Chernobyl though. I bought Time Wreck because it was advertised as more potent than it's parents (doubtful based on the experience in this thread).

I won't be buying anymore from TGA. I like variety and digging through polyhybrid plants, but there are just so many better offerings. His attitude is also a turn off. $100+ for a ten pack of seeds that aren't worked at all, nope.

Not to be contentious, but "keeper" status varies significantly from person to person.

Being in Oregon, I've seen too many subcool "keepers" to count, most were just average pot (many below average), and only one has ever found a place in my garden...but keep in mind it has to be the cream of the crop to even be considered. So they're there.

Oregon is saturated with TGA! It's insulting to bring some properly grown stuff in and know that its going for the same rate as the house selected bullshit Nurse Jackie pheno.

G

Gr33nSanta

Which breeders or strains you guys consider to be much stronger than tga? I am on the look out for a potent strain, Id like it to be as close to landrace as possible without being a landrace necessarily. I am dedicating half of my garden to CBD, with the other half though I would like to have some strong keepers.

My current keepers for ''strong weed'' are looking fkin stellar but still not as potent as I would like them to be.

Thanks

G

Gr33nSanta

when I say my keepers are looking stellar I mean they look like super high grade uber resinous and good smell only not as potent as they look

Midnight Tokar

Veteran

I'm very picky about what I keep around bc of limited space. While I have given out some TGA that I thought were good to friends, I didn't keep em myself. Like I said, a lot of variation in his packs. Not knocking him, I'm a weed nerd.

Yea, I agree about who's keeper? Maybe I just got lucky..............or piss poor taste, but I've been satisfied with my packs. But then, I've never required the strongest weed out there or anymore naps on the couch.

C

Cep

Which breeders or strains you guys consider to be much stronger than tga? I am on the look out for a potent strain, Id like it to be as close to landrace as possible without being a landrace necessarily. I am dedicating half of my garden to CBD, with the other half though I would like to have some strong keepers.

One that comes to mind is OGRaskal. Every WiFi report that I've seen is shining. The prices are high (120 ish) but it appears that its worth it. There are also tons of "breeders" that offer ten packs for $50 if you're down for a phono hunt.

CBD plants are becoming more available. Bunch of cuts making rounds. I'm hoping to get AC/DC soon. I'll grow a tree and oil the whole thing.

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
Finding "the one" is like playing the lottery. Pick your 6 numbers and if you don't win, pick 6 more and try again. Eventually you will win or die trying.

I am not saying don't grow TGA genetics. If you like his gear and had good results, then by all means grow his stuff.

I agree with Cep, OGRaskal's stuff is top notch. There are a lot of breeders on seed boutique that have awesome genetics. Cannabiogen and ACE are at the top for me. My favorite place to look for seeds to grow is on Seedbay. You will be surprised what kind of gems you can find on there for next to nothing compared to "breeder packs". There are also very unique genetics in the server fund section as well...once again for not a lot of money.

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
One that comes to mind is OGRaskal. Every WiFi report that I've seen is shining. The prices are high (120 ish) but it appears that its worth it. There are also tons of "breeders" that offer ten packs for $50 if you're down for a phono hunt.

CBD plants are becoming more available. Bunch of cuts making rounds. I'm hoping to get AC/DC soon. I'll grow a tree and oil the whole thing.

im growing wifi atm and you see shining reports but there are also pluses and minuses to his stuff aswell. you need some diversity obviously otherwise it would be boring popping seeds. but like I said before tga is fruity weed. og rascal is a different end of the spectrum.
I love fruity weed so I like some of tga stuff. its pleasing to the palate and I love the bag appeal of fruity weed. but then I also like strong nasty offensive stuff too, in which case id go og rascal or karma or Bodhi or whatever.

saying one is better than the other is a pointless argument I think. they are just different. clearly with tga you need to search a little harder for the knock out phenos. unless you get lucky.

C

Cep

We're discussing potency in this thread though, so the comparisons actually have a point. Most people's experiences with TGA show low end potency, most with WiFi show high end, hence the example.

budman678

Veteran
DNA genetics
Reservoir seeds
Private breeders
Forum cuts
Cali Connection
Tom hill

Latest posts

Latest posts