What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TGA Genetics- Concerning Potency...

relic1981

Veteran
His new strain 'Quantum Kush' tested at over 30% THC....
Grew out some 'Ripped Bubba' that is pretty damn potent and tasty.
But I know what your sayin....

sorry for jumping in late on this one but 30%? thats gotta be a mistake because that would make it the most potent strain ever tested right? i think the potency is lackin for sure with sub's strains but ive had the opportunity to grow and taste a few of his strains and they were all bomb looking and smelled great with nice flavor but the medicinal effects arent strong enough, at least for me and my situation. im not sure why he gets so much attention and is featured in magazines as some kind of magician breeder when in fact he is what i would consider to be a small scale semi professional breeder. he has done a great job of marketing his gear (books, magazines, and other media attention) but just because he says its bomb dosnt mean its so. he lost my attention when he said jack the ripper was better than arcata tw.. BS tw has been around for almost 40 years and is still regaurded as some of the best herb coming out of humboldt and there is still demand for it. i keep tw around for headstash but she yields well too and is bomb in both flavor and potency .

Tungsten

sorry for jumping in late on this one but 30%? thats gotta be a mistake because that would make it the most potent strain ever tested right? i think the potency is lackin for sure with sub's strains but ive had the opportunity to grow and taste a few of his strains and they were all bomb looking and smelled great with nice flavor but the medicinal effects arent strong enough, at least for me and my situation. im not sure why he gets so much attention and is featured in magazines as some kind of magician breeder when in fact he is what i would consider to be a small scale semi professional breeder. he has done a great job of marketing his gear (books, magazines, and other media attention) but just because he says its bomb dosnt mean its so. he lost my attention when he said jack the ripper was better than arcata tw.. BS tw has been around for almost 40 years and is still regaurded as some of the best herb coming out of humboldt and there is still demand for it. i keep tw around for headstash but she yields well too and is bomb in both flavor and potency .

so true about subcool! (haven't had the pleasure of smoking the arcata tw, but I've heard its some fine herb) this video shows that he really is an amateur, would of been a lot more informational if they would of cut out tga, and gave dj short that time to talk http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcE1RQF1XkQ

I have cuts of Chernobyl, Ace of Spades and Plushberry that are very potent. I think it mainly comes down to selecting a worthy individual from a decent base group of seedlings. If you are someone who uses seeds for production maybe this isn't the best stock. That said, my phenos are absolutely insane in all respects, including potency. That is from patient feedback, though. Haven't lab tested them yet.

relic1981

Veteran
one strain that does interest me from tga is cuvee'. its pinot noix space queen (they use space queen in all of their crosses it seems. space dude i think is what he calls his SQ male that he breeds into everything) dont get me wrong i actually really like space queen but its not a tga strain. i believe it was bred by vic high but am a little baked right now so i could be off on that one. anyways the cuvee' looks bomb in my opinion and ive heard good things about the clone only version of cuvee' going around humboldt. anyone have experience with this one, even if its a different pheno... im sure the flavor profile on this girl is tasty. but is it suitable for medicine? i have a extremely high tolerance so i need my cuts i keep to be as potent as possible and taste and smell has to be great too. i have really high standards, lol.

Karmic Farmer

Veteran
I heard Tga mention seed production in Michigan. I think the state laws in Michigan treat seeds like waste so there the most favorable. I think its ok to hire out if you are overseeing and you are putting it in the hands of a truly passionate and talented breeder that has an innovative vision.
But honestly subbing it out over seas is Hack.

TGA does have a few facilities in northern Michigan for seed production. He uses a lot of Michigan forums as testers also.
I had one pheno a friend grew out of Plushberry which was Space Queen Dominant and had a very unique, pleasant, berry flavor with decent potency. Other than that I ran an Agent Orange once that a friend found in a pack of beans and it's still one of the more memorable smoke I've had in years. Great plant that just reeked of oranges and some pretty nice potency with no ceiling or burn out, plus she yielded really well ( consistant 2.5 oz plants in 1.5 gallon pots around the perimeter. Those jars were always the ones that emptied first, there's just something about that smell....(She's still around if I ever want her back).
I have tried Jillybean from the dispensary and once again she was a great strain but not overly potent like the other ones I've tried. Remember these were all selected plants before I grew or tried them but both Agent Orange and Jillybean seem to get quite consistantly good reviews so I have a pack of both chilling for when I decide to run them.
Agent Orange males seem to be adding some really good traits to the crosses used with it. Catnip Seeds and Relentless both have several strains fathered by AO. I just got got Relentless' Orange Glue and Orange Valley OG which I'm really looking forward to and also
Catnip Seeds New York Candy Orange.
I've been unimpressed with most of his other strains I've tried from the dispensary though.

Peace,
KF

iam_2high

totally not impressed with chernobyl, I like the 9lb hammer more but I'd rather have tahoe from swerve than these two from tga...ijs

smokeyla1

Currently have Agent Orange and chernobyl in flower and by far biggest plants with tons of vigor. Also have them next to budda Tahoe og from swerve as well. I'll see how they all compare in about 50 days. The Jacks Cleaner 2 was pretty nice.

Psi Haze

here in NorCal an Agent Orange clone is being passed around and let me tell you, it is as close to the original Cali-O that I have seen. Jilly Bean was also as product in a Tahoe club last year, when I went. I bought a $20. The herb was very fruity and just fine, the Agent Orange clone, however, is MUCH better in every way.

Don't pass up a chance to get a select Agent Orange clone, the citrus and fruity smell and creamy citrus flavor is a real treat.

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
Jesus man, is that guy still in business after marketing those GSC's?
I haven't checked many forums on him lately

I don't remember him pushing any cookies? Couldd be wrong. Sub has got so many balls in the air.

Psi Haze

Jesus man, is that guy still in business after marketing those GSC's?
I haven't checked many forums on him lately

I honestly never liked CaliCon or Raskal.. If you guys want real California genetics, I would suggest not looking for first generation pollen chuckers.. their shit is so unstable, you might find a gem and you might find a million turds.. lol.. 1 in 50 might perfectly resemble what is being passed around to 100,000s of medical growers in the state. I have tested a few of their seeds and never have I cared for a keeper in my garden..

I`m thinking about a crazy thing... I order like 10 seed packs from "Breeders" and I grow the clones being passed around in NorCal of the same strain.. What do you all think will be the outcome.. I can tell you, 90% of the time, the shit you guys get is NOTHING like what we are getting.. sorry..

RubberBand

I dont doubt you for one second. I'm East Coast bro, but my guys in Ohio buy straight from Oregon and NorCal. Fuck sake. Seems like a fucking commercial business to those fucks in SoCal...almost like they are some whole sale faggots or something.

cliffy

so true about subcool! (haven't had the pleasure of smoking the arcata tw, but I've heard its some fine herb) this video shows that he really is an amateur, would of been a lot more informational if they would of cut out tga, and gave dj short that time to talk http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcE1RQF1XkQ

Like DJ said, "we're not at the point of tomato seeds yet." I don't agree with everything Sub says but he was definitely on spot when he said PlushBerry is more of a representation of Blueberry, or what it should be like.(not in the video)

Midnight Tokar

Veteran

I'm not sure which video you watched but it sure wasn't the one you linked to if you think Sub looked amateur in it. Pretty much everything Subcool said DJ was shaking his head in agreement. Subcool came off as very informed and very thankful of the help DJ gave him over the years, Mz Jill was too much into promoting the strains/business for me.

I really don't understand all the hate being directed at Subcool and TGA. Nobody in the business does as much to help the cannabis community. He freely gives info on all things related to growing and spends a lot of time writing articles and making growing videos. On top of that they have their charity work to help those in need and not associated with cannabis.

I can understand how his personality can irritate some people but overall he helps many, many people.

If you desire a stronger strain then find it and buy it. TGA has always been about flavors and smells with a nice high. Their strains are not intended to knock your dick in the dirt there are other companies that provide that.
Is Subcool a Cannabis god? No not by a long shot (I don't even put him in the same category as DJ Short) but nobody in the business gives more freely of their knowledge.

If you don't like TGA's strains fine but all the hating just seems to come off as jealousy and childish.

deshamanya

Nothing wrong with TGA's gear. Had some Flav a while back and was very impressed. Also had Agent Orange which was good and Cheese Quake which was average. Jack's Cleaner 2 and Vortex look promising. Enjoying Blue Dream and Diesel these days.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Chernobyl seems to be a popular one, I have never tried it but see it on peoples must have list quite often.

Any info from anyone who has grown it?

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
A few years ago I found this gem in a pack of Chernobyl. She grows lanky like an OG and has ridiculously tiny buds.
I've only smoked a couple of other sati vas that hit me this strong. the All Star Jack @ Berkeley Patients Group and Elemental Wellness's Candy Jack.
They both have normal sized buds tho…

The amazing qualities of this pheno are:
Insanely bright and loud lime nose.
Electric racy soaring high that can satisfy me for 3-4 hours if necessary.
Extreme euphoria with no body effects beyond the coke or meth like speedy qualities.
Trich heads go cloudy at 45 days and it's very strong and stinky even that early!

picture.php

When I did my seed selection I flowered out the males and made f2's of her.

I only had a chance to grow out a couple clones of this girl when I had to shut down my garden.
I passed out genetics to a few people then but no one had her this year so I popped another 10 pack from TGA this fall along with a dozen of the f2's I made.

Then one day I find out a FOAF still had her and we were reunited. (and it feels so good) @ 35 days and pregnant below...

picture.php

The crosses that came from her had normal sized buds with above average frost and a variety of terpene profiles.

I kept one large that shares her lime smells but has a nice body stone to go with the smiles and energy.
The buds are a much nicer size. original on left, f2 on right.

picture.php

Imma keep chuckin' pollen at this tiny dancer. All her babies were very solid.
The reunited clone I just flowered out got hit with pollen from my OGKB cookies.
Already showing their tiny little heads…

picture.php

I'm running some packs of pineapple and diesel genetics now so the next round she's getting some of that pollen along with one male that I kept from the last TGA pack.
He was showing lots of cloudy sessile trichomes before he spewed. :big grin:

The 4 girls from this pack look very different from the 2 girls I found the last time.
One of them looks like Sour Bubble it's so Indica. One has a nice nose but they are just a few weeks in so we'll see soon.