What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Texas growers unite

G

Bump

Here is a thread for ya Fernando

We all touch bases here every once in awhile

Tex

G

I guess your right JB, I had to look way back to find the thread

Well anyways, we should checkin here for the hell of it every once in awhile

Tex

wickyd

sorry, I've been losing faith, I just couldnt figure out what the hell I was doing to my plants... Finally I think its soil and light. Its Miracle Grow Organic Mix, but its the gardening, which I now hear is for outdoor use only and is too hot for seedlings.. the ones that are alive are stunted in seedling and they have 400wMH on top of them also adding to the stress... poor things are still truckin with new growth that will soon turn yellow, and eventually brown off like the rest.... *sigh* I gotta get soil STAT

hope everyone else can beat the Tx heat
wickyd

G

Back up and punt.

Sometimes if you use a normal nute regime on the premix soils you overload the nute because the enhance the soil already which makes it possible to 3 maybe 4 weeks from seed without any nutes at all.

You can also step up the percentage of perilite/vermiculite in the soil mix and helps cut down (more airiation) on heat trapping in the soil so bad.

The heat is kickin but I think we are on the back side of it now so it won't be long until cooler days

Tex

G

Texas Kid said:
Bump

Here is a thread for ya Fernando

We all touch bases here every once in awhile

Tex

Thanks, bro! If you hadn't bumped this one back up, I would'a never seen that damn-nice lookin' BG Presedente scored around my parts. I want in on some of that! :)

DFW representin', here. Overgrowin' this area with love...

G

WOW! All these DFW growers and smokers around here. Figures when I leave, ya'll pop up. Any West Texans?

G

My flower room is gettin pretty ripe as well JB

I am one week out on about 10 plants and it's gettin stinky

Tex

deZerTomB

hill country

hill country

gone to texas.

I'll be visiting in early sept. for10 days or so. What's the weather like in central tejas these days? I'll probably go to austin for one day to see my brother, but mostly I'll be kickin it here
1303creek02-med.JPG

and toking on some good bud if I can make it safely with my personal stash. knock on wood.

peace,

deZerTomB

here's a good spot

here's a good spot

nice and cool year round here.
1303creek19-med.JPG

there's a little swimming hole here, 6 ft deep, just right!!! Just watch out for the water moccasins and snapping turtles. hehe.

Ursa Minor

Texas dreaming

Texas dreaming

Hey y'all: Please stop with the pics of the great swimming holes, etc. Hard enough to be up here in the Pacific NW for a Texas native. (LOL) BTW, if anyone gets a chance, the best place in Hill Country for a swimming hole(IMHO) is Hamilton Pool. (Is a Travis County park) absolutely the best! Call before you go, as they monitor water daily and if is even a tiny bit polluted they close it til the test clears. Its way cleaner than Barton Springs, and way better than Pedernales Falls or any other places. 68 degrees, January thru December, regardless of air temp. If you go, please feed the giant (tame) catfish some cheetos for me. Shit. Almost enough to make me miss Texas. Almost. Peace Y'all. Ursa.
BTW: How'd ya like Ricky William's reason for "retiring?" :wave:

wickyd

dezertomb: that shit reminds me of my home in East Texas, but way to humid there to live *shudder*. But your little spot looks wonderful. Water Moccasins usually leave us alone in E. Tex, but they're still little shits for making hostile waters.

Ursa: I just back from Washington State/Victoria BC and I wouldnt come back to tx if I didnt have to. Calmer people, calmer herb, just relaxed and comfy. also, going from 20/gram of regular old shit to 8/gram of some awesome herb.... who would want to come back?