What's new

Texas growers unite

i'mbacc

Does anyone think it'll be too late to start from seed outside now? I want to sex them outside and then go indoors with a few.

casualtoker

keeko said:
ATX here also.......getting ready to put out some clones and make things happen
You ever grow outdoors? I've been wanting to but it's been so dry this summer, hauling around water isn't on my list of things to do.

keeko

casualtoker said:
You ever grow outdoors? I've been wanting to but it's been so dry this summer, hauling around water isn't on my list of things to do.

yea i did a couple plants the last couple of years.......and hauling water deff sucks. luckly last year we had so much rain i rarely needed to water myself.....this year will be different.

cjk

it's never too late to start outdoors in the summer. the only difference will be how big the plant is when it flowers. flowering usually starts around my way in early august. i usually start a few plants in late june so i can keep them small and stealthy.

Percy Shelley

About an hour east of Big "D" here.

Haven't toked in quite a few years, but still a "stoner" at heart! I'm seriously considering starting a small indoor grow for personal use. I honestly think it would be safer to grow my own rather than buy it off the street. Plus, with my chosen profession (education-related), loose lips from a dealer or someone who even saw me talking to a dealer could lose me my job.

The room I would use for a grow room is 10' x 10'. Plenty of electrical outlets and ventilation options. Totally empty with flat white walls. I've read and re-read Dr. D's "Bubble Bucket" thread and have grabbed a few empty 5 gallon buckets already, LOL! Would this be a good setup for a novice grower like myself? Any recommendations on where to buy seeds? Recommended strains? Smell shouldn't be a problem as we live in a relatively secluded area. Anyone ever visited the hydro shop (InnerGrow) off I-20 in the Canton/Wills Point area? Seriously thinking about dropping by there to get stuff to grow "peppers"...wink wink.

Anyway, howdy to all the other Texans. Sorry to be so long-winded and with so many questions, but I figured this was the place to ask!

growDaddy

hey Percy, welcome. a 10x10 is a 'big' grow space. what lighting are you planning to use? The buckets MUST be very clean. good luck, send pics :jump: :jump:

shiggs

growDaddy said:
Shiggs
I live in north Austin and use the Planet K on 183, what is meant by a "private" post office?

I think it's anon p.o. boxes, Im not really sure and I cant find any info online. But, yeah, I use the 183 location also. I just happened to be head south on lamar and have always liked that store. Seems like it would be a good option for ordering seeds.

M

Movintarget

Howdy Folks,
A Lake Travis grower here. I also use the Planet K on 183...great store always have great goodies. I also use a Hydro shop on south congress for my nutes and whatever I need, I always get a 15% discount on whatever I
buy, they also have a second hand table that you can pick up good gear at a discount. It's great to see that there are some 420 folks not far from the back 40.

Keep it growing

In the Closet, wish I was out of the Closet

In the Closet, wish I was out of the Closet

Live north of Austin, doing my first closet grow with beans from the Gypsy. Only been in the area for a year or so and had no hookups, so this site inspired me to take the plunge. The wife is still not so sure, I fear my first grow may be the last as it took much haggling for her to tolerate one quick grow (in a locked cabinet in a locked closet). Have harvested some Lowryder 2 (OK, nothing great) and my White Widow mum is in flower so hoping for better things soon. But its all going well for now, using about 200W of T5s, charcoal scrubber works pretty well. The summer heat though is a bummer, but so far the temps have been within OK ranges.

Gotta check out Planet K, I pass by it every day. Need a new bong anyway. I got a PO box in the area but would rather get one from folks who knew their rights and would not pass info to LEO without a warrant. I stocked up on enough beans for nearly my lifetime if they hold up in the freezer though so I am probably fine for a while between the beans and clones. Got some from the Gypsy, the Doc, a couple in Canada. Two orders never came, but no green tape. But all (two) orders from the Gypsy though came through just fine.

It sucks to be in the closet. I am growing just for me. Would never sell. Growing a plant in my house for my own use in my house. Wish I could come out of the closet :violin: But not in the land of the free ....

Last edited:

i'mbacc

Hey everybody what's goin on? Well i've been in supplie with some great reggie that is kick ass just wondering what everybody else has been blowing.

shiggs

The closet isn't a bad place at all. I shutdown my indoor op because im in the middle of a move and I think im going to take this time to build a new cab, maybe perpetual cfl.

So what's growing in Austin?

Bush Grower

It's nice to see this thread so active, what's up Texans.

I just bought a house, so unfortunately I have to downgrade my setup from a 6x6 room enclosure to a 4.5x4.5 closet (I will have family in and out and roomates in the 2 extra rooms so I need to keep everything low key). It has shelves that make the actual space I have to work with a foot shorter on two walls. I am thinking I'll most likely rip them all out except for the shelves over 6 feet. Those will be nice for fans and ballasts etc.

I'll be throwing an aircooled 1000 watter HPS, with MH conversion bulb for VEG. And will be LSTin' or Scroggin' them for a nice yield. I'd like to go scrog if I can set it up where I can get to all the parts on the screen. I put extra 1/2" fittings on my waterfarm 8 system to make it recirculate. I will most likly only use 4-6 in the closet, the others will maintain the mothers.

I just wanted to update you guys on what I'm up to. Writing eveything out on here is really a way for me to get everything straight in my head anyways, I'm pretty much thinking aloud. Right now I'm on a month vacation in south america. Rough life huh? :rasta:

EDIT:

I just finished Ron Pauls book, Revolution. It's highly recommended. He's like the next Jet Lee. Umm all jokes aside, he brings up many valid points throughout the book. Being libertarian I really enjoyed it. He has a small chapter on drug laws also and how they are wrong and should be abolished. He has some pretty off the wall ideas on how the country should run, but in my opinion we'd all be better off with those ideas in place. I like a politician that fights to protect our rights clearly stated in the constitution like he does.

Last edited:

keeko

shiggs said:
The closet isn't a bad place at all. I shutdown my indoor op because im in the middle of a move and I think im going to take this time to build a new cab, maybe perpetual cfl.

So what's growing in Austin?

closets are great if you have no place else like me.

got some SAGE from thseeds going right now.

Erestese

Soon to be first time grower here, converting my chest freezer in my garage into a stealth box for an organic hydro grow possibly with co2. Any advice you TX guys could throw out there would be REALLY appreciated.

Edit: Also using R.O. water so any tips would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts