What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Texada timewarp

Tynehead Tom

I crossed Barbara Bud X RSC Sherberghan and haven't tested them yet.
I saved the other pack of Barbara Bud seeds for later. :giggle:
I emailed house of the great gardener multiple times and never did get a reply. I completely missed the boat on the barbara bud beans. If you F2 that second pack........ keep me in mind please

oldmaninbc

could be..... there was actually a big article not long ago written about him and his transition to the legal scene.
Makes me wish I had made more money in the "black market" before legalization so I too could have used it to fund going legal like a great many of them have.
I didn't prosper wealth wise but I did have my 15 minutes of fame. I seen a person on TV the other day who was moving from the US to a foreign country because he felt that he would get in on the bottom of the cannabis industry.

I sent Far West Genetics an email recently; explaining that I had a Personal Production Licence from Health Canada and was looking to purchase clones/seeds. I did not here back, perhaps I will try again. I wonder if they only want to sell to large facilities?
That was some nice looking hash you produced.

i.love.scotch

I emailed house of the great gardener multiple times and never did get a reply. I completely missed the boat on the barbara bud beans. If you F2 that second pack........ keep me in mind please

Barbara Bud seeds are available legally in retail stores in BC from House of the Great Gardener as fems, I bought a couple packs of 5 just for fun, they were cheap and available at the store around the block from me. How cool is that! I grew one to try it out and its hashy and peachy, just like the description. I never had peachy weed before! (more like a sharp peach cider type aroma than and actual sweet peach). Search on Hibuddy in your area for 'Barbara' to see if anyone has the seeds in stock. If not hit my DM I can probably sort you out

Received the Texada beans from BC today, I also managed to find a pack of GG#1 aka ghani af. Seems the HOTGG use it a lot in their hybrids

Timewarp there are many seed lines available, off the top of my head:

Next Generation (fem): Apparently an S1 of the original clone (no way to confirm this though)

Black Pack Seeds: '78 Timewarp and several hybrids (apparently White Strawberry Warp is really good)

Looking Glass Genetics: Texada Timewarp 'Heirloom'

Bean Hoarder: Timewarp x C99

Those are just some random ones I've thought of but there are plenty around. That is super cool you got some directly from an old timer in BC! Cherish those and please consider making more seeds and spread them around to friends. Its a really great outdoor line

Tomahawk_

Hello canadian growers, I'm wondering if the texada timewarp strain still exists? It seems it fueled the BC outdoor scene for many years. Can anyone point me in the direction of someone reputable for legit beanz
I picked up some '79' Texada Timewarp IBL from Shit Seeds (in Canada). Although I haven't popped them yet, other growers have verified that it's a legit representation of the original classic. The guy that runs the seedbank is highly respected in the growing community, only quality genetics - very reasonable prices too.

Also, check out JOTI - Jordan of the Islands
He's been in the grow scene since the beginning (Marc Emery days); fire genetics, and a good selection.

Also, PeakSeeds BC, but he no longer sells seeds online, I've heard somewhere that seeds are available to Canadian customers.

The original Texada Timewarp will have a Sweet, Floral, Pine, Fruity, Lemon scented buds, with some Cocoa, Nutty undertones; the plant will exhibit a light Green, Golden Color with Purple highlites. Many say the original smells like Pine Christmas trees. It has a killer, uplifting sativa high, with very large/heavy yields.

If you're getting a Timewarp with low odor & taste, it's probably been crossed with Canadian Northern Lights (notorious for its Low, to No odor growth....this was specifically bred for indoor growers who wanted to avoid loud, skunky smells). I say "Canadian NL" because I've seen other Northern Lights (USA - California, West Coast) that have a Pungent aroma (the odor wasn't bred out of these genetics) - everything from Sweet Candy, to Burnt Rubber, with Fuel undertones....and everything in-between.

Last edited:

need4weed

Veteran
I picked up some '79' Texada Timewarp IBL from Shit Seeds (in Canada). Although I haven't popped them yet, other growers have verified that it's a legit representation of the original classic. The guy that runs the seedbank is highly respected in the growing community, only quality genetics - very reasonable prices too.

Also, check out JOTI - Jordan of the Islands
He's been in the grow scene since the beginning (Marc Emery days); fire genetics, and a good selection.

Also, PeakSeeds BC, but he no longer sells seeds online, I've heard somewhere that seeds are available to Canadian customers.

The original Texada Timewarp will have a Sweet, Floral, Pine, Fruity, Lemon scented buds, with some Cocoa, Nutty undertones; the plant will exhibit a light Green, Golden Color with Purple highlites. Many say the original smells like Pine Christmas trees. It has a killer, uplifting sativa high, with very large/heavy yields.

If you're getting a Timewarp with low odor & taste, it's probably been crossed with Canadian Northern Lights (notorious for its Low, to No odor growth....this was specifically bred for indoor growers who wanted to avoid loud, skunky smells). I say "Canadian NL" because I've seen other Northern Lights (USA - California, West Coast) that have a Pungent aroma (the odor wasn't bred out of these genetics) - everything from Sweet Candy, to Burnt Rubber, with Fuel undertones....and everything in-between.
Thanks for chiming in bro, I'm a little way off before I can pop these seeds but it's good to know what I should be looking for. I know it's a reliable outdoor strain, but how does she like being indoors?

Tomahawk_

Thanks for chiming in bro, I'm a little way off before I can pop these seeds but it's good to know what I should be looking for. I know it's a reliable outdoor strain, but how does she like being indoors?
If you're growing her indoors, I would train early - trellis and staking never hurts. If your worried about height, see how she does in the vegetative stage: if she's staying compact (short), let her veg a little longer before flip to 12/12, however, if she's growing fast and big, flip her to 12/12 a bit earlier than normal. You should be fine. The other thing I've heard with "outdoor" strains, is it's better to run them under MH (metal halide) and HPS (high pressure sodium) respectively (this provides the high intensity pseudo-sun rays, compared to LED lights - which aren't intense).

Tomahawk_

I also want to mention Next Generation Seeds for Texada Timewarp, BC Blueberry, Island Sweet Skunk, Sweet Pink Grapefruit, Romulan, and other heirloom Canadian Genetics. I just spoke with the owner directly (as I was looking for some old school DJ Short Blueberry), and he's legitimate. They opened up shop next door to Marc Emery, back in the 90's - this was at the time when all the great genetics were coming out of Canadian grow rooms...He's been in business from the start - and has always maintained his genetic lines. Although there might be slight variations, they are the closest thing to the originals that were born in that era.

His strains still hold the original terpenes that made them famous - and this is what's lacking in many of today's "hype" strains...like I grew the Blueberry Muffin from Humboldt Seed Company last year, and the plant had the looks & aroma - I was so psyched...but come harvest, and post harvest, the BBM didn't hold onto that Blueberry Aroma that was so nice in veg & flower....and although the smoke did the job, it didn't have any flavor at all...was very disappointed in the final product.

In the modern day quest for Fast flowering, growing under LEDs, "picture appeal", fast turnover, ...a lot of the great strains lost terpenes in the process. I would recommend Next Generation genetics - his strains still hold those original flavors and aromas, through cure, to final product, through the end of joint or bowl. He gets a big shout out for keeping these greats around and available.

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The original clone is still alive, well and kicking on vancouver Island, discovery islands and the gulf islands.

Technically lisquiti timewarp but that's another story lol

Def 70s weed, most likely a mazar / thai. In the sun with organic living soil, expect a spicy juicy fruit gum like smell with a soft lemon, small skunk fuel bottom.

I grew a few outside in 2022.....Still have a big jar, after a couple joints you want to move on. More sativa effect. Def great for a fast finish of nice flower

You are better off with g.o.d. bud (grown on denman) as they competed for the market with texada back in the day

BC LONE WOLF

The original clone is still alive, well and kicking on vancouver Island, discovery islands and the gulf islands.

Technically lisquiti timewarp but that's another story lol

Def 70s weed, most likely a mazar / thai. In the sun with organic living soil, expect a spicy juicy fruit gum like smell with a soft lemon, small skunk fuel bottom.

I grew a few outside in 2022.....Still have a big jar, after a couple joints you want to move on. More sativa effect. Def great for a fast finish of nice flower

You are better off with g.o.d. bud (grown on denman) as they competed for the market with texada back in the day

View attachment 18976953 View attachment 18976954 View attachment 18976955 View attachment 18976956 View attachment 18976957 View attachment 18976958

I did a small IBL repro of a Texada Timewrap given to me by a local BC breeder, I’m mid island and gonna test it out outdoors this year.

Anyone with the the original cut or know of the source, I would be glad to contact as I would like to cross it with what I have right now.

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I gave away all my cuts last year to people who really needed them more then me.

Sounds like we are pretty close to eachother

I have a few people I can reach out to for you

How do you feel about your repros?.im sure the old cut has lost alot of her former glory over the decades

BC LONE WOLF

I gave away all my cuts last year to people who really needed them more then me.

Sounds like we are pretty close to eachother

I have a few people I can reach out to for you

How do you feel about your repros?.im sure the old cut has lost alot of her former glory over the decades

Yeah I’m VanIsl (im not local) so have had to make my space here. I’m also a lone wolf so that’s why it’s taken me some time to make connections. Canadian seed alliance has help for that so many good people on there doing the work and sharing.

I feel that the seed stock given to me was a true repro of the timewrap offered by BC Bud Depot. Bc Bud Depot is pretty solid, I don’t know how they got their cut of the Texada.

I know some of the hippies on Denman and Hornby but no one openly discussed the timewrap with me, I guess I still don’t got local status ehh?

What I seen on my run was a very compact plant with lots of Trichomes, sort of leafy, dark green with 60 days ripe flower. Had a pine smell and the high was medium strength with up beat like Sativa, but definitely a hybrid effect, somewhat long lasting. For some of the people that smoked the flower I grew said they lost track of time and made them stop doing what they were doing.

I will surely do a proper outdoor run a test it out. A long time friend in Chemainus grew the old timewrap and dreams about having it back. Been on the hunt to offer him a gift.

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah I’m VanIsl (im not local) so have had to make my space here. I’m also a lone wolf so that’s why it’s taken me some time to make connections. Canadian seed alliance has help for that so many good people on there doing the work and sharing.

I feel that the seed stock given to me was a true repro of the timewrap offered by BC Bud Depot. Bc Bud Depot is pretty solid, I don’t know how they got their cut of the Texada.

I know some of the hippies on Denman and Hornby but no one openly discussed the timewrap with me, I guess I still don’t got local status ehh?

What I seen on my run was a very compact plant with lots of Trichomes, sort of leafy, dark green with 60 days ripe flower. Had a pine smell and the high was medium strength with up beat like Sativa, but definitely a hybrid effect, somewhat long lasting. For some of the people that smoked the flower I grew said they lost track of time and made them stop doing what they were doing.

I will surely do a proper outdoor run a test it out. A long time friend in Chemainus grew the old timewrap and dreams about having it back. Been on the hunt to offer him a gift.
Sounds about right. Def some pineyness too. Esp stem rub. Tbh stem rub smells more afghani and flower smells more thai

oldmaninbc

I've lived in BC since the 70s and in the Similkameen for 20+ years, I don't think the locals see me as a stranger any longer maybe not one of them but not a stranger. LOL

I was pleased with Next Generation's regular Texada Timewarp seeds acquired from Hemp Depot maybe 15 years or so ago. They grew well outdoors in northern new england, late September / early October finish.
I believe the story was he outcrossed the original clone to get a male and then crossed back into the original clone several times until getting 93% regular seeds.

Considering grabbing some of the fem only timewarp seeds Next Generation has these days. Wonder how close they are to what he had in regular form and how old these seeds are?

Also, the Beanhoarder texada x c99 via Hemp Depot was pretty decent. Found one that had Texada leanings and ran it a few years outdoors, before losing the clone. By now, I suspect germination issues with that cross. I did order another pack a year or two ago and got ZERO to pop.

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I reached out to some fam living on lisquiti (the origin island of timewarp)

Looks like I may be getting some fresh s1 timewarp seeds soon.

Things move pretty slow in my parts but they do happen eventually. I will stay on top of em

Latest posts

Latest posts