What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Testing 1…2…3…Woohoo!

GreatLakes THC

an Arthur P. Jacobs production
Veteran
Sprout pictures...

Sprout pictures...

So the four in the starter trays are still there. Not sure if they will make it. They look healthy at this point, but after breaking out of their shells they haven't done much else. Still got hope for them. I took a couple of pictures of the strong starters tonight with the help of my wife. I'm not real proficient with her camera, but I'm determined to learn.

UKhem

Secret Recipe

Chemmy Jones

GreatLakes THC :joint:

Cannawinner

Veteran
Looks like you're off to a good start :yes:

An excellent start Greatlakes.

Its good that we are at exactly the same rate and size respectfully.
Nice that we can also compare to each others grow to see how we are doing.
Good luck.

GreatLakes THC

Veteran
I'm going out of town tomorrow for about a week. A sort of family retreat at the lake. But I'll be back and have updates shortly thereafter. I'm excited to return and see all the testers progress. Have a great weekend and following week everyone.
:plant grow:

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Have fun bro.....I look forward to seeing another nice update when you return.
Peace

B

B. Self Reliant

Hope the lake vaca is going well. Can't wait to see this grow show!

:smoke out:

GreatLakes THC

Veteran
I'm back, had a great time at the lake, and ate much fish. Life is good. I'm pretty wiped, but plan to take some pictures tonight of the kids. Hopefully I'll have enough left to get them posted. If not tomorrow.

GreatLakes THC

Veteran
So here are the kids.

UKhem

I noticed after uploading the pictures that I didn't round them all up and one is not pictured.

Secret Recipe

One is still less than 1/2 inch, but I have hope it will catch up. There is also one more pictured here that is actually a UKhem. Oops.

Chemmy Jones

So that's the lot of them. Most have grown an average of 2-4 inches in the week that I was gone. I watered them heavily so that they wouldn't dry out while I was gone and I watered a bit more than needed. So I suspect the growth has been slowed somewhat. Things should pick up here soon. Up till now they have been under some fluorescent tubes. They will remain under the tubes for one more week and then will get something larger.

I had a great time on vacation too. Here's a couple of pictures I took on my phone.

GreatLakes THC

Veteran
Hey guys thanks for checking out the grow. I should have some updated pics this weekend. My father in law is staying with us this week so the grow room is locked up tight till he leaves. I did pop in for a few minutes to bask in their glory for a bit and let me tell you these little buggers are starting to reek already. I can't wait till I can get them into flower, but I'm kind of a slow mover so it might be another month till I even start to think about that. I've noticed that they've stretched a little more than I like being under only some T8's, but they should like the metal halide that they'll be put under before too long. Stop back for updates this weekend.

GreatLakes THC

Veteran
So today is day 29 since dropping the beans into some water for a soak. The kids are growing fast. We've got another house guest next week and found out that we need to have another appraisal done on the house for our refinance. So things are going to be getting torn down in the grow room AGAIN. I'm really getting tired of it and just want this refinance to be done. Hopefully the appraisal will be done in the next two weeks and then I can bring the big lights out. I'll be topping the plants next week to encourage some more growth from the lower branches, and too keep them shorter so that I can store them in rubbermaid's while the appraisal is going on. Once the appraisal is done they will get transplanted into #3 nursery cans. At that point they will be numbered and cataloged for breeding purposes. I really can't wait to get these little ones into flower, but I've got some work ahead of me first.

Here's a couple of pictures of where they are at today. They have stretched a bit more than I like, but I haven't been able to get them under anything other than fluorescent lights due to house guests and having to take the grow room down for home appraisals. They also started to show signs of needing to feed which is much earlier than strains I'm used to. They all received their first light feeding on Thursday night.

UKhem

The Ukhem's are very similar in growth. Most are around the same height.

Secret Recipe

In the second picture you can see the difference in development between an average plant and the smallest one that I have. Both sprouted the same day. I've got the room and the time so I'll be letting the little one take it's time and catch up.

Chemmy Jones

There's only nine plants pictured in the first picture. I missed one again. In the second picture you'll see the difference in growth between an average height plant and my smallest one.

amoS

lookin good GL ....sucks about the trouble your going through with all the dismanteling your having to go through hang in there!!....peace

GreatLakes THC

Veteran
Thought I'd give everyone a quick update. Plants have grown tremendously in the last week and a half much to my dismay. I love healthy plants, but I've still got a home inspection hanging over my head, and will need to move everything out of the grow room and into storage again while the home inspection is going on. No word as of yet when that will be. We're waiting for the mortgage company to contact us to set up a date. So in the mean time I've cut back all the plants to keep them at a manageable size. They need a re-potting, but that will have to wait till the inspection is done. Hopefully that will be sometime in the next two weeks so that this show can finally get started with some big lights. The plants sure would like it too.

Latest posts

Latest posts