What's new

Tested 13month old 600w HPS blub vs NEW

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
Getting the plants closer to the bulb will always equal less 'grow area'. Whether its having to create a smaller circle around a vertical bulb, or creating a smaller horizontal footprint; i wouldnt advocate it.

Also, at the price of our stinky flowers, 10grams dried is about the price of a new 1000w, if you get 3 harvests, all you need is a 3.5g boost to pay for her.

Switch to vertical too, i cant say it enough.
2684498593-way-comparisoon-med-med.gif

As you can see you would be improving your space by 135%! That's a huge increase.

Hoods are metal and they are a huge radiator. Even when i was still using my hood, i wrapped it in an insulated attic jacket

$45 H0med0pt; probably seasonal; Yes, i was high when i cut it...

L

laylow

Could you not run the 600's again giving them an hour to see if they come up to speed with the new bulb.... this seems to be the case with the 1000 no?

thanks for the info either way i change my bulbs every 2 crops would save me a fair bit if its just they need time to warm up rather than be changed... :)

Doc420

If you use a real horticultural lamp like the Philips Greenpower than you can use it for a full year with less than 5% decrease.
Chinese lamps you need to change after 2 grows.:jump:
The PAR output of chinese lamps has a very short lifetime.

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
If Philips sold their 'real' horticulture lamps to 'real' 'garden centers', i would try one.

I dont go to some po-dunk mom & pop; there is no reason Philips cant work their way into my nationally prominent store.
==============
Planning on testing both my 250w lamps soon. One is MH the other is HPS, ive got new bulbs for them, just a matter of testing and changing. Ive also got (4) T5 22" bulbs that need changed too, ill take some readings.

My 1000w is sitting dormant now, and my 600w have been moved from their previous locations. I dont plan on plugging in the old bulbs to test them again, i dont see a difference between a twenty minute warm up vs an hour. IMHO twenty minutes was plenty, and at worst, both 'new' and 'old' bulbs were subjected to the same conditions, be it twenty minutes or a full hour. (I think i now have 4 or so 'old' 600w bulbs, maybe at some point i'll test and discard the worst 2, but its pretty far down on my priority list.)

Last edited:
L

laylow

just seemed strange that the 1000 you gave an hour was almost the same as the new one... thought this may have been the case with the 600 too...

Latest posts

Latest posts