What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Test grow: C5 x KC, HPH x KC, NH x Pan, Zam x Pan + Thai chi

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Any tips for regrowing?

I just cut my Lebanese (coco) and did as usual (which doesn't always succeed) kept some lower bud (the less dense) and put her in a not so hard hitting sun and less direct sun hours.

Will repot her probably and apply some EM-1 or Ryzhotonic, and vegging fertigations.

vcasqui

Very nice grow journal Mountainkush, very informative and interesting. The bud pics from the first run were amazing! The description of the plants was really nice too.

The plants in this second run are looking very healthy, and I love the setup you have put together (The veg "tent" too).

:party:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
MountainKush said:
I’ve also wondered about molasses in coco when feeding with salts. I was under the impression that there wasn’t much there to feed with sugars

I only add a tad (the tip of a small spoon) to like 6L. honey, panela or alike sugar sources can be used too, the sugars ain't for the "medium" itself, but to feed the EM-1, Efficient Microorganisms so that they can do their thing, I find they keep the medium healthier looking, fluffier and more porous, is easily spotted when you fertigate.

Their job is to add some bio action to the salts in the medium (to a point, if really high EC levels are used they may not be able to thrive). EM-1s make nutrients readily available for the roots, and avoid unbalances. I also find prevents waterlogging in the coco.

After three days using it after repot (I also use it as stimuli for pot colonization, as you can "reproduce" EM-1, is way cheaper than rhizotonic), Oaxaca '79 x Panama:

picture.php

I was a little "enlightened" when checked the pot underneath for fungus gnats on her, and jumped back thinking these were worms :laughing: wasn't expecting it at all... thick, fluffy superwhite roots sticking out.

Your tents look super neat, and the girls impressive! :tiphat:

Mountainkush

Any tips for regrowing?

I just cut my Lebanese (coco) and did as usual (which doesn't always succeed) kept some lower bud (the less dense) and put her in a not so hard hitting sun and less direct sun hours.

Will repot her probably and apply some EM-1 or Ryzhotonic, and vegging fertigations.

Sorry buddy, poor choice of words I guess. I meant regrow from clones once or twice or keep long term as I’ve started to keep clones of everything I start from now on just in case.

I’ve never tried to reveg a plant before. Good luck with the Lebanese though. Wish I could help out.
I’ve stopped using anything for rooting and haven't noticed much other than my clones used to root a day or two faster. I just stick branches in some wet coco and leave them alone now. I did like the rhizotonic but it really isn’t worth the price to me.

I will check the em-1 out and see how it does. I’ve never tried anything like that before. If your not using that or something similar the coco doesn’t have much the feed on it’s own though right. Other than the springtails, I know they are alive and well!

This round these girls are growing in pure Cyco coco from the bag and fed nothing but general hydroponics micro+bloom. Just two bottles and some water, keeping it simple as growing 12 different strains at once is complicated enough right now.

That’s pretty funny, I totally see the worms.

Mountainkush

Very nice grow journal Mountainkush, very informative and interesting. The bud pics from the first run were amazing! The description of the plants was really nice too.

The plants in this second run are looking very healthy, and I love the setup you have put together (The veg "tent" too).

:party:

Thanks a lot my friend. Glad you enjoyed it. Very much enjoying the finished product and can’t wait to see how these turn out.

I started out running autos in that veg box a few years ago, then talked my wife into giving me more space so I add the flower tent and added a shelf to the box to veg on and be able to keep a few clones and mothers out of the way on the bottom. Working pretty good so far.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Love the neatness! All girls rocking on! :tiphat:

How was the stretch on Zam x Panama??

Looking at yours, and having grown Zam, Zam cross, Pan, and several Pan crosses, I'd say these will be greatly yielding plants...

My Thai-Chi finally sprouted outdoors... man I was agonizing over her not sprouting, jumped like a kid when noticed her green and healthy... some things never change :biggrin:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Looking great in early flowering MountainKush, as usual with your plants ;)
Thanks a lot for the updates, much appreciated! :thank you:

Mountainkush

Love the neatness! All girls rocking on! :tiphat:

How was the stretch on Zam x Panama??

Looking at yours, and having grown Zam, Zam cross, Pan, and several Pan crosses, I'd say these will be greatly yielding plants...

My Thai-Chi finally sprouted outdoors... man I was agonizing over her not sprouting, jumped like a kid when noticed her green and healthy... some things never change :biggrin:

Thanks repuk,
It was quite a bit compared to the first one I grew. I think it was about 10 inches when placed in the tent and now stands at 40 inches above the coco.
I have some Panama X Zamadelica reg coming to try as well and will be interesting to compare them. Excited to try some strait up panama as well as a few of her other hybrids soon as well like panama haze and Thai Pan. I can’t get enough of these Ace sativas!

Good luck with the Thai chi, I was gonna get more seeds but went with Thai Pan instead since I love the cut I saved for now but really want to pop more some time to try for a red one. Glad she came up, I get pretty excited over these plants as well so I completely understand. The only other things that get me this excited are cars and women.

Mountainkush

Looking great in early flowering MountainKush, as usual with your plants ;)
Thanks a lot for the updates, much appreciated! :thank you:

Thanks Dubi.
I’m trying to get used to my new auto feed and had to drastically lower the feed strength. Almost over fed my Nevil Pan again along with a couple others but I’m learning to correct that faster.
Very excited to watch these flower!

Mountainkush

Group shot at 4 weeks. All the ladies are playing nice with each other.
I’ll keep this mainly about the 4 test hybrids and update the others in their sticky thread.
Left, back to front: Snowmoon, Red Sapphire, Orient Express(1)
Right, back to front: Bubba Hash, Bubba Pck, Zamaldelica
picture.php

Left, back to front: C5 haze x Kalichina, Nevils haze x Panama, Orient Express(2)
Right, back to front: Hashplant haze x Kalichina, Zamaldelica x Panama, Tikal
My Tikal was getting out of hand and had to be pruned and tied down
picture.php

The clones all did well and I took new clones of my older mothers as replacements as they were getting too big for my limited space.

I’m debating on wether or not to stop keeping clones and focus on trying as many different strains as I can but also want to find a few special plants to cross and make my own seeds. Just for fun, no real goals in mind.
Wish I had room to do both but I have to be realistic. I think if I cut down to only 6 plants at a time and only keep the super special ones I might do ok. Especially if I toss any male clones and just freeze the pollen for later.
It’s hard because I miss stuff I didn’t keep but also love lots of the new ones I’ve grown since.

picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Always a pleasure to chime in to follow the progress of your garden MountainKush!

Really varied, interesting and balanced menu of different ACE genetics growing in your indoor. I like a lot your style and taste :)
Hope your indoor plants can deal well with the summer heat.

I have had the same dilemma regarding which and how many plants to keep in the mother room since i started to breed.
With very limited space, keep the very best and reject the rest.

Mountainkush

Thanks Dubi,
I definitely will have to be ruthless with what stays and what goes After this run to make some room for whatever I decide to do next.

Most have done ok with the first heatwave we had last week. This week has been unseasonably cold and looks like another Week of hot humid weather is coming in a couple days. Just can’t make its mind up if it’s spring or summer.
I don’t mind 30°c+ weather but when is accompanied by 90+% humidity, I just can’t handle it. I have another air conditioner on it’s way so hoping I can stabilize the temps better and remove more moisture without the heat of a dehumidifier.

6 weeks in my flower tent

C5 x Kalichina starting to get some purple in places
picture.php

Hashplant haze x Kalichina
picture.php

Nevils haze x Panama
picture.php

Zamaldelica x Panama I’m guessing doesn’t like its roots staying so wet in the coco. Unless there’s another reason for it’s leaves to curve down like that.
picture.php

Mountainkush

Thanks brickweeder,
Little update at 8 weeks
Nevils haze x Panama
This ones buried at the back so no idea how she’s smelling at this point but excited to move some plants around soon and see how she’s doing.
picture.php

picture.php

C5 haze x Kalichina
Beautiful fruity smell on this lady and some purple tones on some of the flowers. Finished up faster than I thought it would and will cut her down at 9 weeks after some more flushing.
picture.php

picture.php

Mountainkush

8 weeks
Hashplant haze x Kalichina
Hard to pin down the scent on this one. Slightly sour but not as bold as the first one with a vague fruity background maybe.
Very chunky buds that keep reflower slowly forming these foxtails that look like horns.
picture.php

picture.php

Zamaldelica x Panama
Amazing candy terps this time from the ZamxPan! Still unhappy with the wet coco from being watered so often but she’ll live. I’ll have to try a different timer next round so I can water less often, use bigger plants, smaller pots or all of the above.
Most of the plants didn’t seem to mind being watered every hour though. Just the HphxKc and ZamxPan.
picture.php

picture.php