What's new

**TEST GROW - BLUMATS - TAP WATER**

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
W'sup laylow,

mycorrhizal is a beneficial fungus that increases the root mass by attaching themselves to the plants roots, check out this thread.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=210863&highlight=mycorrhizal

Its contained in Advanced Nutrients Piranha you can also buy sachets from your local gardening center probably called 'Rootgrow'

Here's a lil blurb from the rootgrow people:

How do mycorrhizal fungi benefit plants?
In its simplest sense mycorrhizal fungi do everything plants roots do just BETTER.
When new plants are planted with rootgrow it takes only 2-4 weeks under normal conditions for these fungi to start benefiting plants. In that time they attach themselves to the plant's root system and grow out rapidly into the soil, searching for nutrients and water. They essentially become part of the plant's own root system.

The benefits to plants are;
Better nutrient uptake
These fungi are so much thinner and finer than the plant's own roots they can therefore find nutrients in the soil far more efficiently that the plant's own course roots. They are especially good at finding nutrients responsible for flowering and fruiting such as Phosphorous and Potassium. As they can explore a much greater amount of soil than the plant's own roots they are also far more likely to find trace elements and the rare nutrients that all plants need to grow well.

L

laylow

thanks for that shhh will look into that a bit more when i get back... i have been using take root at half strength and they seem to be very happy..

plants have gone to my buddies im going on hols see you in a couple of weeks...