What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tents of Tumbleweed

Desert Dan

Veteran
Alrighty then… over a decade in, let’s have a grow diary. Always for headstash, always for the love.

Zkittles
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Taking it back to the basics in a 2x4 tent with 250w of cob leds. Coco hempys and maxi bloom. Doing a side by side with RO and my 1.0 EC tap water.

This is the zkittles cut on day 1 of flower. Both have received tap with maxi grow up to this point.

1st time with coco, 1st time with hempy buckets, 1st time with a scrog net, but 100th time with root aphids. Hope to update this once a week. Let’s see how this goes 🤙

-DD

Last edited:

Desert Dan

Veteran
Zkittles Day 7
image.jpg

image.jpg

A little defoliation.

Water with some Recharge and Botaniguard WP tomorrow, then switching to Maxibloom. Raised the lights a bit for an average 850 ppfd at canopy.

Have been watering these coco hempy buckets every other day: Feed, Feed, Beneficials.

-DD

Last edited:

Desert Dan

Veteran
Zkittles Day 21
image.jpg
image.jpg

Beginning to show a slight potassium deficiency on both, likely due to low humidity. Tap side is showing some mg issues.

Feeding both sides at around 2.5 EC (1 tsp maxi bloom) with 3.0 runoff.

-DD

Last edited:

Desert Dan

Veteran
Zkittles Day 28
image.jpg

Tap
image.jpg

RO
image.jpg

I think the lack of silica this round is the reason I’m noticing some significant K deficiency… Or at least more than usual.

-DD

Last edited:

Desert Dan

Veteran
Zkittles Day 35
image.jpg

RO
image.jpg

Tap
image.jpg

They’ve been drinking a lot this week and the EC spiked… Gave them a good flush of recharge and will start stepping down the nutes.

I’ve heard terps are best around 8 wks on this cut and it looks like she’s going to finish fast.

-DD

Last edited:

Desert Dan

Veteran
Zkittles Day 42
image.jpg

RO
image.jpg

Tap
image.jpg

Overnight humidity has been spiking into the high 60s with increased watering… Trying to stop some evaporation with the tinfoil shower cap.

Honestly I could probably pull these now with mostly milky heads. Runoff EC still at 2.5. Will give an extra gallon through each tomorrow, then straight water and mammothP till chop.

-DD

Last edited:

Desert Dan

Veteran
Zkittles Day 49
image.jpg

RO
image.jpg

Tap
image.jpg

Both sides getting straight RO for the last week… runoff coming out around 0.5 EC.

-DD

Last edited:

goingrey

Keep the coco wet and fertilized, but not over-.

The trellis I can't help you with. My tent was supposed to come with one, turned out to be a piece of string. Am I supposed to start knitting or something? Think I'll just stick to the good old plastic coated wire LST... :D

Desert Dan

Veteran
New Year New Run
image.jpg

Happy 2024 IC Fam! Doing. Quick run to see what’s what in the mother collection…

Runtz, Deathstar, Dogwalker, GG4, Pinesoul, Giesel, and Ghost. All in 1 gal coco hempys being fed with maxibloom and hy trio (grozyme, groben, shield).

Goals are to check out the deathstar, dogwalker, and glue. Also re run some old moms to make sure they’re still worth the real estate. Hoping for no root aphids or hplvd in 2024!

-DD

Desert Dan

Veteran
GG4
image.jpg

Dogwalker
image.jpg

Giesel
image.jpg

Deathstar?
image.jpg

Group at 4 Weeks
image.jpg

image.jpg

Started to notice mg/k deficiency around week 2 so I upped the Maxibloom to 1.25 tsp/gal… Things have greened up nicely.

6ml agsil concentrate
6ml cali magic
1.25 tsp maxibloom
6ml hygrozyme
3ml hyshield
3ml hygroben
2.7 EC 5.9 pH
700-800ppfd across canopy

Everything has been super happy and robust with the hygrozyme trio! Feeding moms the same and looking strong. Lost the runtz and pinesoul this round to algae, next time I won’t use white buckets!

-DD

Last edited: