What's new

Ten best "medicinal" strains...

there used to be a super super lemony strain going around arizona about 5 years back called GUMP, everyone called it lemonhead or lemon, it was a million times more lemony and potent then anything else thats lemon... it had to be a OG kush or a chem dawg but even more lemony then the lemonyist ogk. i never heard of it anywhere else but the grower called it GUMP... i guess he got raided and now its gone forever but got damn its hands down the tastiest strain i ever had, i wish someone else out there has tried this or heard of it.

there was another strain going around there then called sweat also that ive never heard of anywhere else, it wasnt that great, decent smoke but just never heard of it anywhere else.

the 10 best strains ive smoked all had to be around the time right before all the medical spots opened up and in LA.. around 03-06..

i had a og kush better then any og nowadays, green crack, cat piss, purple urkle, nyc diesel.. everything was just of better quality, nowadays people are just pumpin shit out for the clubs to make money.

Ten best "medicinal strains"...

Ten best "medicinal strains"...

I haven't tried medical marijuanas but I've smoked a ton of illegal/recreational drugs !! Sour d combines well with your favorite beer homies ... Peace !!

crazybear

My personal medical top ten
in no particular order considering the wide variety of ailments helped

Blue Heaven (DJ Short) - best anti aniexty strain hand down IMO
Blueberry/Ol' Blue/Dabney - Good mood elevator and all around feel better because your not thinking about the pain weed
Sensi Star - Good Sleep/weed nap herb, helps with pain of all sorts
Northern Lights - Pain relief, insomnia, appetite
Purple Indica - Relaxer, benzo weed, muscle pain, nerve pain etc.
Pure Afghani - anything selected for resin production from afghanistan usually helps with sleep and appetite
Maple Leaf - never tried sensi's but i had a cut of the same name that was a great mood elevator and good for pain. if sensi didnt suck nowadays id try a pack out ;)
Bubba Kush - both cuts I have tried are medical legends IMO, pain relief, appetite, anti anxiety, mood elevator, plus it tastes like heaven :canabis:
SFV OG Kush - pain relief, mood elevator
***edit*** - how could I almost forget Blockhead from SOL - weed nap, appetite, pain, mood elevator

so I guess that means an honorable mention goes to...*Abusive's Kush - muscle pain/relaxer, appetite

Im sure there are more and even better strains out there, believe me Im looking ;)

take care and stay safe

guerilla

What's the SFV like for nerve pain? Are strains like Super lemon haze good for pain relief or does anybody know, if these damn fungus gnats don't kill all my seedlings, also have Strawberry Cough as above! Peace any input would be helpful! Peace & Puffs!!!:wave::plant grow:

guerilla415

crazybear - the SFV cut was more of a painkiller based on pure strength, im not quite sure about its applications in regards to nerve pain, hopefully i can report on that soon ;)

Kyle's Strawberry Cough cut had decent anti-depressant/mood elevation as Im sure many s1's hybrids etc. do as well. CBF's Screme which is a cough s1 was a great happy smoke with some of the best flavor imaginable IMO.

The chem-d is a great painkiller similar to the sfv cut, pur potency kills pain for alot of folks. Another one like that is krome's blockhead cut - never had the pleasure myself but some close friends put it in the medical legend category and thats enough for me to make it a top 10.

Im really interested to see what kind of work the cbd crew put out :canabis:

take care and stay safe

guerilla

mississippi

anyone had experiences with Ortega Indica? dutch passion sells them if my memory serves me well. i remember it was said to be a pretty good medicinal strain and its available in a nearby seed shop so i was thinking about getting some for next year's indoor happening.

crazybear

crazybear - the SFV cut was more of a painkiller based on pure strength, im not quite sure about its applications in regards to nerve pain, hopefully i can report on that soon ;)

Kyle's Strawberry Cough cut had decent anti-depressant/mood elevation as Im sure many s1's hybrids etc. do as well. CBF's Screme which is a cough s1 was a great happy smoke with some of the best flavor imaginable IMO.

The chem-d is a great painkiller similar to the sfv cut, pur potency kills pain for alot of folks. Another one like that is krome's blockhead cut - never had the pleasure myself but some close friends put it in the medical legend category and thats enough for me to make it a top 10.

Im really interested to see what kind of work the cbd crew put out :canabis:

take care and stay safe

guerilla
Thanks my brother I was going through beans that some friends on here gifted me, & found I need to look again but I'm sure I saw SFV so if there I did I did, & I just popped some to add to my garden & check them out & see how the nerve pain goes!!!!!!!:wave::plant grow::smokeit:

Last edited:

hazy

Veteran
White Widow is a good medicinal strain but for what? ... because I know well that it activates frontal lobe activity, and thats not good for persons with problems in impulsiveness and decision making skills, can make a manic person more manic or induce psychosis at times... In deed it is a very strong medicinal strain... but not quite in the right area of the brain for Parkinsons, more so depression.

I hate it when I read things like this.

You must work for the local paper here, as a cannabis hating reefer madness editorial writer, as they are always trying to say ridiculous things like marijuana inducing psychosis.

A

Aerokush101

I hate it when I read things like this.

You must work for the local paper here, as a cannabis hating reefer madness editorial writer, as they are always trying to say ridiculous things like marijuana inducing psychosis.

Yeah, marijuana being the gateway drug is another one I hate too, cause I have tried one other thing in my life, 1 Ecstacy pill, lets say that was 8 years ago, so need I say more...?:tiphat:

I haven't tried it but apparently UBC Chemo is custom designed to treat the pain, nausea and other syptoms of Chemotherapy whilst providing appetite stimulation and a fair degree of anti deppresant/anxiety relief. University of British Columbia must have had some smart heads so I'm sure it'd be a good strain. I have had Herijuana which is absolute bliss for pain and insomnia, actually numbing like a semi-anaesthetic and will have you munching if can stay awake. Oversmoked the first few times and woke up 6hrs later still semi numb, very strong. Blueberry/SwT lines are awesome for my anxiety, even the blueberry sat I have smoked has worked gems for it whilst allowing a bit more mobility for the daytime. Some Romulan I smoked had some really nice qualities but it didn't live up to the reputation I'd read about it. It was however grown from seed by a friend here in Australia and he couldn't tell me where they were from as he'd received them second hand. Oh and how could I forget the Ice Cream from Paradise for anxiety and depression. This one puts me in one of the best places I can be, such a beautiful warmth that envelopes me it's like a caanablanket infused with pure joy/relaxation. I can only put it down in one area and that's the length of that feeling but I think if I could get my hands on 2 10 packs I'd find something close and then if crossed with a really good Blueberry of SwT then BX'd I could find something to clone in the offspring that would provide the ultimate, IceCream high that last a good 3hrs. OOOhhh man! that would be scchhwwwweeetttt!!!

Last edited:

devilgoob

Veteran
thanks green mango, I want that strain for a heady!

I will second the blueberry, it had very high pain-killing going on for me. Another one would be white widow for the same thing.

I can't offer anything else except for an otherwise mentally healthy person trying a sativa for depression.

Latest posts

Latest posts