What's new

Tell one person and this is how it happens....

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
How it happened in this case......

So I've watched a grower from a distance for a while. I've met him once through friends and he barely knows me.

And what he doesn't know is that I know he's been growing for years, what genetics he grows, when he harvests, how much weight he moves, where he moves it(sorta) his method of growing, what nutes, and on and on.

Beauty in the breakdown

He told 1 very long time friend.
That friend told his wife.
A while later she told all the girls at dinner.
The girls told all their boyfriends at the time.
I hear about it from my girl and have been watching ever since.

So a couple years later, everybody knows about him and he has no clue. The one friend that told his wife.... has no clue that everybody knows. He acts all mysterious when he's getting something for a friend like nobody knows.

1 person equals 25+ people.

But its a secret.... don't tell anybody
:bashhead:

B

British_Bulldog

This is how it goes down..

As in the trial of an Italian Mafia boss:

"once one person knows a secret, it's no longer a secret.."

Stay safe people, and tell NO ONE!!

Better yet: the only way three people can keep a secret is if two of them are dead.
Still, I think it's normally pretty hard to keep growing a secret. What about your smoking buddies, the real close ones you have, you don't think it's ok to tell them, if you absolutely trust them and know for certain that they would never snitch?
:joint:

S

sneakyninja

goodmangigabyte said:
What about your smoking buddies, the real close ones you have, you don't think it's ok to tell them, if you absolutely trust them and know for certain that they would never snitch?

British_Bulldog said:
Stay safe people, and tell NO ONE!!

GeorgeSmiley said:
don't tell anybody

Do you see where im going with this....

You know you can hermie them and kill them about a million different ways and just start over but at the end of the day a security breach is something that you can't do over, and when (and I say when, because if you aren't legal, and are growing they WILL come) the police come and take away everything including your freedom or rippers come and take everything including potentially your LIFE, then you will realize why everyone says DONT TELL ANYONE...

Sorry if that was harsh, but its the one really harsh reality of growing on any scale, this needs to be your secret garden, if you need to share, share with ICMAG.COM thats why a lot of the people that are here, are here.

This sub-forum is about the least entertaining on the forum, yet probably also the most important, theres a reason you came to it, as well as everyone else.

SN

Last edited:
Y

yamaha_1fan

What happens when one of these friends get drunk or takes a drink at a party with something in it and starts blabbing. Or gets himself into deepshit like a DUI Manslaughter and is grasping at straws to keep himself out of jail. If you have a 10 plant grow, nobody gives a shit and the guy wont get a break. But if you have oh lets 9KW and 700 plants like myslef, and one of my "friends" gets busted, can I be sure he is going to keep his lips sealed.

I will admit I have 4 other people who know about my grow, 2 family members, 1 person that was key in setting it up, and another potential partner.

It is my intent to open up in an undisclosed spot, and tell everyone I quit, punked out and found someone else doing it and am just passing it along.

I had no choice in 3 of them, the 4th was a bad decision.

When my last grow got busted, I had no idea what the hell happened or who snitched. It made me really paranoid and I felt like killing someone, actually a specific person. Turns out it was something stupid I did and a neighbor snitched.

Tell nobody

skylined

If you don't mind my asking Yamaha, what was the stupid thing? I'd just like to know so perhaps I or someone else does not repeat said mistake.

Peace,
~Skylined

doja420

skylined said:
If you don't mind my asking Yamaha, what was the stupid thing? I'd just like to know so perhaps I or someone else does not repeat said mistake.

Peace,
~Skylined
Yeah I was curious to that as well.

hamstring

Veteran
I agree with both statements. "Never tell anyone" and "it’s hard to keep it a secret". I had one friend (still consider him a friend they are hard to come by)who knew I grew and think (not absolutely sure) that he told no one.

He went through an ugly divorce and I confided in someone else (mutual friend). I have read so many times on these forums about haters but saw it first hand. My friend going through the divorce got so jealous I was not using him anymore (he was a wreck from the divorce) that I knew I had no security anymore.

I will never understand how people who put no effort or sweat equity into the grow op think they some how have some rights to your property. Drives me crazy because this same guy asks me for some clones because he is going to do his own grow. B f****ing S. If you were going to do your own grow you would have spent the years and tears I did getting to where I am. Jump on someone else’s free ride brother.

I was forced to change my whole way of growing and it was better(not easier) for me in the end.

Thanks for the chance to rant. PEACE

Last edited:

minigreens

Recently I had a friend tell me of another old friend that was growing in his closet. . I'm sure the old friend thought he was cool shit telling my friend about his grow, but little did he know my friend thought it was funny and didnt know the seriousness of it. :bashhead:

I am currently deciding whether to proceed growing because of too many people knowing. The guy i got the seeds from knows, but hes across the country soon. but his friend knows. they know how serious it is not to tell, as they have a grow going too...and they have told they would never ever snitch. still scary

cant wait to move and have nobody know except my gf

B

British_Bulldog

Sometimes it is necessary for someone to know you grow, but never voluntarily tell anyone who doesn't NEED to know.

These people include your wife, brother, etc., but unless you can trust these people with your life, do not grow in the first place.

If these people drink excessive amounts of alcohol, take other drugs, or you even have the slightest suspicion that they may ever tell someone, then again, do not grow in the first place.

I'd say that unless they are real close family, or you are blood brothers, or something very very (very!) close, then do not grow, as you WILL get ratted out and caught in the end.

Also make sure your customer (remember 1 only!), if you have a more sizeable grow, doesn't know too much about you, and never knows your grow location.

Peace

Y

yamaha_1fan

skylined said:

Peace,
~Skylined

Dont leave any hoses on and leave

Stealthy

Yamaha dude...how did you go from a bust to 700 plants??? I don't think I would ever have the balls to do 700...especially if I is already on the radar! Ballz to the wall my man.

doja420

yamaha_1fan said:
Dont leave any hoses on and leave
What an asshole of a neighbor. Not sure how it all worked out (like whether he/she walked up, so the hose running, did some more snooping, saw a light or something then called 5-0), but damn people need to not be so damn nosey and worry about themselves.

Yamaha: maybe that's why I'm not super super duper secretive about my grow - I only grow for personal use, I share my crops with my two buddies who know I grow, I don't sell never have, they don't sell either.
Yeah, if I had a multiple kW setup and plant numbers in the hundreds, I'd definitely be ultrasecretive. No friends, no families knowing, no nothing. But in that case, people would still know, because if you're that big you're selling weight to people. That's the biggest security risk right there, the people you sell to may get pinched and turn snitch on you. But them's the risks you take when you're that big, I guess...

Hamstring: you said your friend wanted some clones but you didn't want to give him any. Why not? I don't see the harm in giving out clones, it's just a few snips off your mother which will grow back in a couple weeks. I understand you want to make him work for it and not always leech off you but what's the harm in passing clones between friends? Unless he's the sort of bloke who'll just keep asking for more and more: unused equipment, nutes, medium, etc. Just my two cents...

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
I hope everyone took note of the specific point of breakdown. The guy told his wife and she blabbed it to everyone.

Women bond by getting together and blabbing about everyone elses private life. To them it was just another time passing blab no different than saying Susan has genital warts. Life changing for the guy whos security is blown but nothing more than trivial gossip to the women involved.

Two can keep a secret as long as none of them are women.

minigreens

I have been with my gf for over 2 years now and she would never tell. she knows she is at risk too, but even besides that fact i know i can trust her. a lot of women suck, but not all

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Verite said:
Two can keep a secret as long as none of them are women.

IME it is more like Two can keep a secret-as long as none of them are women and one of them is dead

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
minigreens said:
I have been with my gf for over 2 years now and she would never tell. she knows she is at risk too, but even besides that fact i know i can trust her. a lot of women suck, but not all
Pretty much every girlfriend that has ever informed on a grower ex boyfriend was a really good girlfriend who you could trust and would never tell-once

krys0513

Harry Gypsna said:
Pretty much every girlfriend that has ever informed on a grower ex boyfriend was a really good girlfriend who you could trust and would never tell-once

That is VERY VERY TRUE....I just got busted and trust me when jail time comes into play and the other person is at risk, you will NOT believe how someone you thought loved you will turn on you to save their own ass even more the case when the other person was not even all the keen on the idea to begin with and only put up with all the inconveinces of it because it made you happy. What I learned.... if your going to grow, the only way you can tell anyone even the your spouse is if they are just as into it as you are and BOTH of you are sharing the responsibilities and the joy of doing it. Otherwise you may just find your ass out in the cold alone and scared while your other half splits to save their ass.

Last edited:

RudolfTheRed

Veteran
Harry Gypsna said:
DING DING DING

You hit the nail right on the head.

if i had a dime every time someone came on icmag and said 'my girlfriend turned me in...' i would be a rich man!

fuckin' get rid of these snitchin ass women.

you only need one women in your life.

MARY JANE!

Last edited: