What's new

Team Microbe's Quest into True Living Organics (2014)

Team Microbe

Veteran
TM, any additional input on the dewey misters? What are you using them for? Did a little reading on them and they definitely have my attention for teas and cloning

Hey man, I actually pulled the plug on the dewey misters last minute after I received an offer on a used cone lift brewer from another grower

I've heard nothing but good things about the dewey misters though. They're most enticing factor is that they're so easy to clean compared to air stones. Those things are impossible to clean, there are so many pores! And we all know how important cleanliness is while brewing ACT...

You can use them for both cloning and ACT, I saw some guys put a couple misters underwater with a coffee cup hooked to them to weigh em down instead of those suction cups. I feel like it's more ideal for a cloning set up though since they wouldn't get 100% coverage in a brewer. That's why I grabbed the cone brewer pretty much.

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thats going to make a nice brewer TM! Also Mykos (or other myco) and Azos work great. I use them at transplant just a light sprinkle so it lasts a long time.

thewhitelotus

Veteran
Awesome TM! I made a home made air lift/vortex brewer out of a gal bucket and some PVC, so ive always used that, but I was more interested in the cloning side of things. I use a simple little bubble cloner but have always been interetested in Aero setups, which is what the Deweys seem to do.

Is that what you like to use for bennies? Mykos and Azos? You like?

Team Microbe

Veteran
Bueno Time-

Yeah man this stuff is great, they cultivate their own microbes unlike other companies and the results really do show for themselves. A co-owner of Xtreme Mykos hooked me up with the brewer and products for a cool $150 and I'm so grateful for it too. I don't brew with them but transplanting never goes without that stuff I'll tell you that much...

Thewhitelotus -

The dewey cloning set ups looks super simple man, I still wanna try them out now that we're talking about it. I've seen 8 site cloners made from 5 gal buckets with the pucks in the lid and just 1 single dewey mister providing the mist, works like a charm I've heard.

Kozmo

Veteran
Hello T.M., just wondering if you had time to give us a little info about your sealed exhaust fan. How well does it work? How was it constructed? What would you do differant? Thanks in advance!

Kozmo

Team Microbe

Veteran
AWESOME THREAD! so much information to learn, I'm loving it. starting to learn Tlo I appreciate all the help.
Thanks King, I don't see the point of threads with people just posting pics unless it's to scratch their own ego. I need to have a discussion at hand or it's pointless IMO, thanks for pullin up a chair :tiphat:

Hello T.M., just wondering if you had time to give us a little info about your sealed exhaust fan. How well does it work? How was it constructed? What would you do differant? Thanks in advance!

Kozmo

Yeah for sure Kozmo, I think I have a pic from a while back when I made it hold up..

picture.php

Upon hooking up the hurricane it sounded like a jet engine was going off in the growroom, so I literally just went into the garage and found some scrap wood to make this box. I had a mattress pad rolled up in the closet and staple that to the insides, after cutting the 6" holes on each side with a jigsaw I borrowed from a buddy of mine. I wanted to be able to open it to inspect the fan, so I hit up Home Depot for some parts and made a door on the top of the box (if I could go back I would've put this door on the side instead) with small hinges screwed in to the one side. Screwed a handle to the middle of it, and twisted in some heavy duty hooks in the top to hang the box from. Since I put the door of the box on the top, I had to put screws in it to prevent it from opening while it's being hung... but it does the job well. Really easy to make, and cuts the noise in half or more.