What's new

Team Microbe's Quest into True Living Organics (2014)

Team Microbe

Veteran
Greetings ICMAG Fam!

So, I'd be lying if I said I didn't come to ICMAG searching for the brotherhood we all inevitably share as passionate growers... but I'm also a firm believer in growers helping other growers. This will be the start of a thread documenting my entire 2014 season and then some - from popping seeds to curing techniques and all the sticky stuff in between! So sit back, twist up a nice joint of that homegrown you've got curing in mason jars and tune in for an exciting season folks! :tiphat:

picture.php

Jack Diesel - Positronic Seeds grown with General Organics

I don't wanna bore you, so I'll keep the bio short and sweet -

I'm a small town grower with a BIG passion for cannabis, my dogs, and cannabis. The first 4 years of my grow career were epic failures, but this was based off of trial and error since laws weren't as forgiving and forced me to be a "lone wolf" so-to-speak. I went from over-feeding soil to hydro then to coco, and now finally BACK to soil. After reading a few books my motivation in gardening t-o-o-k o-f-f and it hasn't stopped since lol. I feel as though I've found the golden egg, and the secrets to growing the best cannabis on earth was inside. Teaming with Microbes is the book that changed my grow game completely, and has inspired me to get back into growing now that I know that nutrient companies have been LYING to us this entire time! I've always been a true connoisseur, but now I'm changing direction in life and pursuing my passion for growing. This year is dedicated to learning as much as I can when it comes to applying TLO to cannabis growing, training techniques, and outdoor growing. Will the endless search for knowledge ever stop? I hope not, so lets learn from each other because two heads are better than one... no?

So without further adieu, I'll start the thread off with some flower shots I've taken from my last harvest, then eventually introduce my DIY tents and my plans for the 2014 season. This thread isn't all about me though, so feel free to chime in and ask questions or bring up any topics worth debating! Don't be shy now...

picture.php

Blue Widow - Dinafem Seeds

picture.php

OG 13 - G13 Labs

picture.php

Jack Diesel - dried & cured, ready for consumption

Team Microbe

Veteran
My most recent project:

My most recent project:

I only have one available bedroom where I live to grow in, due to space restrictions; so I made the most of it and decided to custom-build my flowering/veg tents for efficiency purposes pretty much. Well that and I loooooove grow projects, so this was really fun for me:

picture.php

5'x10' flower tent frame

picture.php

panda filmed & insulation installed on the floor before the pond liner is added

picture.php

I'll be running a close-looped system for my two hoods, along with a passive intake using a 435 cfm Hurricane fan sucking air through a Phresh filter for my exhaust.

On the other side of the bedroom, I expanded the closet twice in size making it 4'x4', and dedicated that towards prepping seedlings for veg/flower. The remainder of the room will be used for mixing teas and other maintenance work pretty much:

picture.php

picture.php

These are the genetics I'll be focusing on next, along with Blue Bubba and Goji OG! Also, you'll be able to watch my journey through a new training technique called main-lining and the results/benefits of that. That's all for tonight, stay tuned blazers..

Snype

Veteran
I built a few of tents like that a long time ago but yours is much nicer with the panda film and it just looks so clean. Good luck with the grow.

E

Eureka Springs Organics

Great thread. Can't wait to see the progress.

theJointedOne

Veteran
Nice setup. Thanks for sharing, and i dig the attitude of your post. A breath of fresh air on ICMAG.

Cheers!

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
teammate!!
good start, foundation is everyhing.
mind if i check back occasionally? i am always learning and relearning.
grow away!

chappie

Veteran
Very nice setup. After having a nice fully-built out space for a couple years and now in a new place with only a 4x4 tent, I am very envious. I'm in the middle of Teaming with Soil now... great stuff although I also feel some of it is shoddy science/writing, although that does not mean it is wrong. I'm making the change from purchasing "organic" soil to making my own, very liberating!

Team Microbe

Veteran
Nice setup. Thanks for sharing, and i dig the attitude of your post. A breath of fresh air on ICMAG.

Cheers!

Thanks man I appreciate the appreciation, and tell me about it! I've had threads get destroyed by douche bags so I wanted to put it out there from the start... NO D BAGS ALLOWED! :nanana:

Very nice setup. After having a nice fully-built out space for a couple years and now in a new place with only a 4x4 tent, I am very envious. I'm in the middle of Teaming with Soil now... great stuff although I also feel some of it is shoddy science/writing, although that does not mean it is wrong. I'm making the change from purchasing "organic" soil to making my own, very liberating!

You can still make magic happen in a 4x4 tent! You got that. I personally liked scrogging in my tent before this one, I got the most yield anyways that way.

Respect on the switch too, I didn't have time to cook soil for this run so I had some TGA shipped to me for a pretty penny lol... was worth being able to get everything up n goin though in my eyes. I'll be making soil in a month or so, feel free to chime in brotha!

Team Microbe

Veteran
And thanks to everyone else who pulled up a chair, glad to see this took off already; I appreciate all the compliments! Cheers everyone! :tiphat:

Team Microbe

Veteran
The Next Run is up and off!

The Next Run is up and off!

Next Run! New beginnings are always nice...

The Line Up:

- (5) Critical + by Dinafem seeds
- (5) Critical Kush by Barney's Farm
- Freebies (Goji OG & Blue Bubba)

picture.php

I germinated these in paper towels, and left them in a tray sitting on top of my T5 fixtures in my veg tent.
It works every time; I had a 95% success rate.
Then I dunk em straight into soilless mix and let them be for a bit..

picture.php

week 1

picture.php

picture.php

week 2

picture.php

week 3 - transplanting went smooth!

Team Microbe

Veteran
Meanwhile in the new flowering tent....

Meanwhile in the new flowering tent....

picture.php

I brought the 4 girls that were in my 4'x4' veg tent (that was once a flowering tent) into the new room, and they responded pretty well. I spread em out, and opened up the branching a little bit to get light down into those inner nodes. This is my first successful organic grow as a matter of fact, and convinced me to stick to the soil game for the long haul.

These were dropped in Foxfarm OF and Promix BX at a 1:1 ratio, then fed with General Organic's full line (the GO box is perfect for small grows like mine, it'll get you through a full crop and gives you the pleasure of using their entire line without spending your full paycheck)

I'll touch on the room specs before I forget, in case anyone was wondering:

- (2) 600 watt HPS air-cooled hoods
- 5'x10'x7' DIY tent (panda film & 2x4's)
- 435 cfm Hurricane fan pulling air through a Phresh filter
- A passive intake
- A close-looped system for the hoods
- 100% organic garden

picture.php

Let's not forget to medicate before we garden folks! I've found that my thumb runs a little bit greener after smoking, mainly because my patience is at ease and I can do things out of what's best for the girls rather than what I anxiously want to do sometimes (like training or things of that matter).

SPEAKING OF TRAINING - I'm venturing into a new world....
MAIN-LINING

Has anyone done this before?

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
nice set up you got going ,how long do you usually let your girls veg for before you flip them.

Team Microbe

Veteran
nice set up you got going ,how long do you usually let your girls veg for before you flip them.

it depends on how I train them during veg, but usually around 2 months because I aim for bushier plants. These were crowded in the other tent, they could've reached more potential if they started out in here. I have a new run going right now that I'm about to put in the flower tent that will be 100% main-lined girls so that'll be interesting....

chappie

Veteran
I like your style here, clean and fairly simple.

I have no idea what mainline training is... can you elaborate?