What's new

Team Microbe steps into Guerrilla Country...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
That's great to use for transplants and cloning man. If you want big fruits, you need big roots so container size is a big factor in terms of final yields. If DTOG's roots didn't penetrate the bottom of his 18 gal totes and monster their way through to the water source I can bet that his plants wouldn't have gotten so huge. This really is the way to grow outside - at least if you're unable to water every single week IMO

ya i want some big ass roots this year. lot of good reviews is coming in for bio-root as well. i will be able to water at least 2 times a week if i neeed to lol. i just went and bought me a 90$ pair of hiking boots this year bc i plan on doing alot of walking and carrying since im not gonna ride the quad as much in this new spot im growing in.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
Kinda both actually. It was on the "shore' of the swamp, and the stream that feeds that swamp was only 50 yards away. And yes the water levels were unpredictable.

I used that spot for 3 years in a row. The first year it was super dry. That was because the beavers hadn't set up a good dam yet. The only place to get water that year was about 100 yards from where that big plant was. Could still fill pails all day, just had to walk a little.

The second year I only had about 8-10 plants there because I had a better spot, with a garden hose:biggrin:. That year though the beavers were at work in hard mode:biggrin:. So the water level would rise even higher when it rained. That year I had to move plants up the embankment some to give the roots a rest from constantly being in the water. Not all the roots, but the bottom 6" of a 7 gal. grow bag.

The third year, the beavers had made a huge dam. The edge of the swamp was now only 20-30 yards from the highest point on the embankment. That year also happened to be the year that it rained the most in September/October.

The water got so high, that the big plant I posted had water flowing around it all the way up to the top of the tote. The only thing that stopped it from floating away was the mat of roots that had grown thru the bottom. I had plants in 5 gal pails and 7 gal grow bags that were staked up with bamboo stakes. If not for them those plants would have floated away as well.

I actually saved a big lose by going there during a huge downpour. I moved about 10-12 plants up onto the embankment because there was a river waist high on me flowing right thru my plants. I spent about an hour and a half working in the pouring rain. Carrying heavy ass water logged plants up to safety.

Lesson learned was always prepare for the worst possible scenario. And when growing in a swamp, find the highest ground possible, in case of floods. Having easily accessible water is real nice for guerilla grows, but can also be the death of a crop if the shit hits the fan in the fall rains.

ah man the things we do for our ladys lol i been out in the pouring rain many times. i actually prefer to go out in the rain so i can stock up my gallons of water to my spots bc i dont have to worry about no heli's or people being out in that. i can only do it from around end of june thur end of august bc when it rains here then its still super hot out

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Speaking of hiking boots im about to get me some Salomon GTX 4d's. Pricey but I know they are worth it! I dread the Ky humidity man, its going to be a dandy! Got a feeling that were gonna get alot of rain this year, its rained everyday here for a couple weeks pretty much.

MountainBudz

KyGiacomo, if you dont mind me asking, that DelaHaze in that there picture of yours, when did you start that seed and get it in the ground? What was the yield? And did you do more than only one DelaHaze seed? Reason im asking is i'd like to know if the phenos run about the same or if its more on the unstable side, looks like a killer plant man!

MountainBudz

Hey team microbe, haven't seen anything out of ya for a while, how is everything going man? Are you just staying busy getting prepared? Hope everything is well!

Team Microbe

Veteran
Hey Mountain!

I've been busy scouting and prepping seedlings this whole month, as well as mixing/filling/preparing some new 25 gallon no-tills for my indoor show. It's hard sometimes having 2 different grows going on simultaneously, I'll notice one week I'll pay attention to one and the next I'll switch back over. I can't go back and forth or I'll get off track, so I do my best to manage both. I've got some seedling shots to share, as well as some site search photos that I'll have to dig up tonight. Rock on! :headbange

Jam3sb0ng

I just stumbled onto this thread and read the whole thing, you did an amazing job last season Team Microbe.These past few weeks i have been setting up my spot and after reading your thread it gave me a couple new ideas on how i can improve a few things and thank you for that. I wish you the best of luck this season and i hope your going to be doing another journal, cause if u are ill be def reading it :)

Rob547

East Coast Grower
Veteran
Yo Microbe, good to see a new thread from you. Do you use perlite/anything to keep soil aerated/ prevent from compacting?
Someone suggested hydroton - as it doesnt float up like perlite and isn't so obvious outdoors. thoughts?

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
Yo Microbe, good to see a new thread from you. Do you use perlite/anything to keep soil aerated/ prevent from compacting?
Someone suggested hydroton - as it doesnt float up like perlite and isn't so obvious outdoors. thoughts?

rice hulls and pumice is a better option imo im pretty sure Tm use both these for aeriation

Team Microbe

Veteran
I just stumbled onto this thread and read the whole thing, you did an amazing job last season Team Microbe.These past few weeks i have been setting up my spot and after reading your thread it gave me a couple new ideas on how i can improve a few things and thank you for that. I wish you the best of luck this season and i hope your going to be doing another journal, cause if u are ill be def reading it :)

Thanks James! I'll be starting an outdoor thread when the season kicks off for sure, this was going to be it but I'd like to start a new one once seedlings are transplanted outdoors I think. Wish you all the best this season :tiphat:

Yeah I haul big 7 cubic foot bales of rice hulls out to my patches to mix in for aeration. It doesn't float to the top like perlite, and is the lightest amendment I can find that harbors microbes. Perlite would be my 2nd choice due to it's lightweight. Indoors however, it would be my last. Ya always gotta weigh the pro's and con's while guerrilla growing... some options that may be suitable for inside aren't always the best bet outdoors

Team Microbe

Veteran
Scouting begins

Scouting begins

picture.php

Well I hit last year's spots for some check up's, and took some pics of what everything looks like now compared to what it will look like in a few months from now. What a difference - it just goes to show that hauling in supplies NOW is much better than doing it last minute. Trails won't be left unless there is fresh foliage to trample...

picture.php

I went to visit the Holy Rhodi breeding patch as well, these root balls were almost fully decomposed and it's only 6 months later. Good sign of soil life! I found something else while I was there too...

picture.php

Holy Rhodi minions!!! These seeds fell during the seed harvest, lied dormant through the winter, and waited for the right time to sprout I suppose. There were about 80 little sprouts scattered about the patch :laughing:

I'm gonna leave them there and breed again this year, this time the seed stock will be back crossed and stabilized further (some testers have reported hermie tendencies in one of the phenos)

picture.php

Holy Rhodi (purple rhodi pheno) grown out by a tester this month. There are two phenos so far, this purple pheno and a Church pheno. The purple packs on more resin, while the Church stacks better. The purple pheno is said to smell like lavender and grapes, while the Church pheno doesn't have much of an odor - sweet and faint orange undertones. Very excited to BX this outside this year!

MountainBudz

TeamMicrobe give me some motivation to get out there and keep digging and hauling my friend lol. I have lost motivation, ive got very strategic plans and ideas, along with supplies but I have been getting lazy lately and ill be screwing around till its too late. I'm assuming its because I do hard labor outside everyday through the week and sometimes weekends, plus i'm also a body builder and lift for a vigorous two hour plus session 5 days a week as well. I'm not sure if im taxing my CNS system or what but man its hard! Give me some sort of advice or guerilla motivation lol!

MountainBudz

And did I mention on top of that im only getting about 4 to 5 hours sleep a night. Man I need to do something. Once im out in the bush im fine. I guess once I get home and done for the night i'm poofed and cant bring the energy or motivation to get out there and that just depresses me further lol. It really does suck and it gets to me man. Another thing I believe bothers me is losing my entire crop last year 85 percent due to eradication LEO's and the other 15 percent due to mold. Lord help me lol.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
my Delahaze and biddys are coming out the gate nicely. the biddys is by far the most vigours plants right now. i also just got some insect frass that im gonna put on the small ladys. that will help prevent fungas gants and give them a growth spurt. im gonna get a 25lb bag next month so i can mix it in all my soils except the LOS which already has chitosan in it. here is a pic of the biddys,dela and the jacky white.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
View Image
Well I hit last year's spots for some check up's, and took some pics of what everything looks like now compared to what it will look like in a few months from now. What a difference - it just goes to show that hauling in supplies NOW is much better than doing it last minute. Trails won't be left unless there is fresh foliage to trample...

View Image
I went to visit the Holy Rhodi breeding patch as well, these root balls were almost fully decomposed and it's only 6 months later. Good sign of soil life! I found something else while I was there too...

View Image
Holy Rhodi minions!!! These seeds fell during the seed harvest, lied dormant through the winter, and waited for the right time to sprout I suppose. There were about 80 little sprouts scattered about the patch :laughing:

I'm gonna leave them there and breed again this year, this time the seed stock will be back crossed and stabilized further (some testers have reported hermie tendencies in one of the phenos)

View Image
Holy Rhodi (purple rhodi pheno) grown out by a tester this month. There are two phenos so far, this purple pheno and a Church pheno. The purple packs on more resin, while the Church stacks better. The purple pheno is said to smell like lavender and grapes, while the Church pheno doesn't have much of an odor - sweet and faint orange undertones. Very excited to BX this outside this year!
man that is awesome those little seedlings came up. it was just meant to be for u to have that strain out there this year lol i think its gonna do fkn awesome bc of the genetics and mold resistance. i might have to try a few those out next year :woohoo: i ordered 3 books last nite as well. guerilla growing from jeorge cervates for my dad to read and teaming with microbes and teaming with nutrients. i will be studying up on these books as i see how my LOS plot does so i can get a better understanding of how all this works. im looking forward to this year now. it appears that alot of my studying has really paid off thus far. i put in alot of hours online since last sept researching everthing that i could on how to make my plants healthy,SAR inducing products and bug prevention. looking forward to seeing how those kc33 and spotnica does as well. its gonna be a great year for us!! thanks for everthing brother!!

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
And did I mention on top of that im only getting about 4 to 5 hours sleep a night. Man I need to do something. Once im out in the bush im fine. I guess once I get home and done for the night i'm poofed and cant bring the energy or motivation to get out there and that just depresses me further lol. It really does suck and it gets to me man. Another thing I believe bothers me is losing my entire crop last year 85 percent due to eradication LEO's and the other 15 percent due to mold. Lord help me lol.

i wish u was closer to where i am then we could do a big commerical plot :tiphat:. last year after i nearly lost it all due to bud rot. i lost all motivation until i started reading Tm's threads and chatting with him. i was nearly ready to throw my hands up and quit and let that spore beat me,but now im back more determined then ever and i will beat this fkn spore this year. i spent a damn good chunk of change getting products and soil that will help my plant defend its self against this shit. gl man get ur ass out there this week after dogwood winter and get to diggin. i still got a few holes that i need to take my soil to and then all is left is the transplant. the hardest part is getting the holes dug and the soil transported there after that its pretty much a breeze. i lost 2 plants to rippers and the rest except 2 to mold. i couldnt salvage nothing off 3 of them it. trust me i had a horrible year last year but this year im determined to have the best year ever of all my years growing in the bush.

Stinkhorn123

Great thread, I love the volunteer's. Ive tried cover crops in the bush with poor results, the birds ate them faster than I could sow them. I wish I had half your organization skills, you have a very well thought out plan. Good luck brother.

Team Microbe

Veteran

I set schedules for myself to go out and scout, to go dig, and to transplant. Just remember how nice it would be to have more than enough flower to haul back come Croptober. Stepping onto the patch, and seeing all of that hard work in front of you - paid off. Now all you've gotta do is harvest it! I look at it like 90% of the work is done during the pre-season, while the remaining 10% consists of maintaining the crop until the chop. This is the main thing that I've learned the hard way over these years. You've gotta put the work in to reap the benefits later in the year; it relies solely on discipline and how bad you want it. Everyone works differently, so find what motivates you and do that to get those boots on the ground!

Personally, I pick a nice sunny day. I wake up, eat breakfast, take a shower, spray my clothes for the day in Rosemary Oil (for tick prevention), and brew up a cup of medicated hot chocolate. I begin packing my bag, and start playing music once the coconut oil kicks in. From here I'm in the fuckin zone, and focus on the task at hand that much better. If it's late enough in the day, sometimes I'll take a shot of whiskey before I set out into the bush (especially for the spookier locations). Whatever you need to get those boots on the ground - do it. I'm the same way, once I'm out there I'm in my element and I go to work. Digging becomes tireless in the moment; the drive to have a good season pushes you to the point of weakness. I take 5 minute water breaks, and sometimes chow a cliff bar or two to keep energy levels up to keep working. Water is my heaviest item in my pack when I prep patches, but it's well-needed during the pre-season. Can never have enough of this stuff!

Here's a meme I made earlier tonight... I think this is fitting for this response:

picture.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts