What's new

Tea Article

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
if you pureed some roots and added it to the tea, could you possibly grow endomycorrhizal spores or would the chemistry be off? Is there another way that endomycorrhizae could be propagated in a tea? Would a tea like this be of any use if you did grow endomycorrhizae?

Endomycorrhizal spores, to the best of my knowledge sprout proximal to living growing roots or seed sprouts.

Yes I am using a microscope to examine my teas at 18-24 hours intervals for up to 72 hours of brew time.

I talked to some people at rocky mountain worm co, I was doing a trial tea comparison of wiggle worms, worm gold plus and rocky mountain worm co with a simple brew of EWC + Molasses.

They informed me as to Elaine's mix, and were advocating not using any molasses in teas.

I found that wiggle worms had the most fungal hyphae at 24 hours, and a great mix of bacteria/fungi at 48 hours. The worm gold plus was far behind in production of these things. The rocky mountain worm co had good fungal production at 24 hours, and a decent mix at 48 hours. It did not however, justify the 4 fold cost per lb to me.

Wiggle worms has been my go to for years, and seems to be a great mix of EWC quality and price per lb.

I will run some tests this week with Elaine's recipes compared to my normal EWC + Molasses, maybe even throw some hydrosylate in a bucket to compare.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anfern, one tip or trick I use to speculate whether I have any e-coli or other pathogenic bacteria is to keep the brew going a little longer and if at some period of time you see the bacteria sporulating, you can establish fairly accurately that they are good-guys. Spores appear as little headlights or white dots on the ends of the rods.

Most of the common pathogenic bacteria do not form spores.

gmanwho

Veteran
So what about adding mosquito dunks to your tea brewing process?

was walking around adding dunks pieces to the rez's, an was like why not add to the tea an brew up those as well? Would it work??

bsafe

br26

The tea i brew reaks like putrid vomit from 5th dimension. I just wanna run from it, but plants love it. Fuck me!

TheOutlawTree

Ive had a rough go the last 2 rounds with fusarium oxysporum in my sealed room. After a lot of research I've come to the understanding that aerated compost tea's and thriving microbial life are among one of the best preventatives for dealing with Fusarium.

Can anyone recommend the best way to brew a fungal tea with added Rootshield WP (Trichoderma harzianum), or if its even possible to replicate this hybrid fungus? Should I brew teas with this fungus frequently or would a couple applications be good enough?

I re-use the dehumidifier water in my grow room. I have 2 50g reservoirs set up with feeder lines to my coco pots- drain to waste. I water daily when plants are in flower. Could I plan on brewing perpetual compost tea's every 24 hours in these reservoirs? Would I have to clean the resevoirs between tea's or could I just put new compost in tea bag every day and added molasses in hopes the microbes would eat anything that's bad in the res?

Im on page 18 and plan on reading the entire thread. Thanks for all the great information my friends.

Granger2

Veteran
I fear that your system would get clogged quickly, so you'd need to clean it constantly. You could probably flush the system EACH time right after feeding. You'd need to run the flush water into a bucket or to a drain so you don't flush your plants. Good luck. -granger

TheOutlawTree

That's a good point that I didn't even think of granger. My feeder lines would most certainly get clogged with sludge if I was brewing directly in the rez.

Maybe Ill just plan on brewing in 2 5g buckets every couple days and pour water through a fine filter to catch any debris from the Tea.

gmanwho

Veteran
Ive had a rough go the last 2 rounds with fusarium oxysporum in my sealed room. After a lot of research I've come to the understanding that aerated compost tea's and thriving microbial life are among one of the best preventatives for dealing with Fusarium.

Can anyone recommend the best way to brew a fungal tea with added Rootshield WP (Trichoderma harzianum), or if its even possible to replicate this hybrid fungus? Should I brew teas with this fungus frequently or would a couple applications be good enough?

I re-use the dehumidifier water in my grow room. I have 2 50g reservoirs set up with feeder lines to my coco pots- drain to waste. I water daily when plants are in flower. Could I plan on brewing perpetual compost tea's every 24 hours in these reservoirs? Would I have to clean the resevoirs between tea's or could I just put new compost in tea bag every day and added molasses in hopes the microbes would eat anything that's bad in the res?

Im on page 18 and plan on reading the entire thread. Thanks for all the great information my friends.

In the organic hydro thread theres a fungal tea recipe by richyrich. Since using it i get brighter crispier roots, an more lateral root development then ever. just gotta filter it before u add it to the rez's. add back every 5 or so days...

bsafe

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran

More of a nudge in what may be the right direction, as opposed to "I tried this and had great results", but non-aerated tea may be more effective for remediation. It seems counterintuitive, but the results I've seen second hand look promising. Makes for good reading at the least.

I prefer to clean the reservoir. The "bioslime" that builds up on the edges can become quite thick, creating a buffer for anaerobic growth.

Creating a perpetual tea seems plausible, but without a way to quantify what is happening on a microscopic level, a bit of a crapshoot.

Inocculants and compost tea are great tools, but if the conditions that allowed F. oxysporum to get out of hand still exist, either will only improve the situation, not cure it.

Not much direction on adding inocculants to tea. Some are obvious re: mycorrhizal fungi, others not so much. Root dressing is the most effective with much doubt, but not always feasible. With drip/blumat, one would think scratching into the surface around the emitter would give more peace of mind than casting into a tea and praying to Freyja :p

sprinkl

Veteran
Plant Tea - This is where plants are soaked directly in water for an extended period of time. Compost is not involved, and any bacteria or fungi on the surface of the plant will be extracted. May contain some soluble nutrients.

I'm interested in this, plants contain a lot of organic molecules, like hormones, amino-acids...
I know if you put a bunch of nettles in water after a few days it stinks like hell and is rich in nitrogen. This stuff is anaerobically decomposed so I don't think it has microbial benefits, might even be harmful though not much is used.
Now what if you would aerate this water-plant mixture instead? It would be decomposed with aerobic bacteria and be beneficial for soil life? And what if you just added live plants to ACT? I always add the bubbled gunk back on my compost pile so adding live plant material could be a way to get your compost pile working faster as well.

I added a bunch of weeds that needed pulling to my last ACT batch as an experiment, let's hope it doesn't fuck up the plants :)

OneStonedPony

I keep my teas real simple. 5 gallon bucket, three gallons of water, two handfulls of EWC, and the same with good compost when I can get it, and some SPT by BMO. 1/2 oz per gallon of water.
http://stores.ebay.com/Blue-Mountain-Organics
All done in the bathtub in my apartment, bubbled overnight with a little aquarium air pump, and it yields some sweet ass shit come morning. Simple is good.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Seems like PLANT TEA is another word for FPE? (fermented plant extract)
Or it the pLant Tea not allowed to ferment?

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i would do a plant tea like 12 - 24 hrs

and FPE goes until it's done fermenting 3 days to a week & plus

i don't use FPEs

Numba1

Flavor in english please

Flavor in english please

organics has always been so complicated sounding im not a scientist i just trying to grow some tastey tomatoes and nuggets and grapes ewww grapes and berrys ok so ive been using water soluble nurients for 3 years niw and my hash is great full melt i think well evaporated shatter but my buds rarely taste good enough to enjoy smoking is like not even fun cause im not getting that flavour i used to get as a juvenille in socal oregon and seatlle and new england there was some bomb up there from the carribean it was tastey haha ah yo no sabes es todo que esta that makes these borderland buds tatse so much better on organics i need a confidon is it really that difficult do i just aerate my tea and feed once a month can i still use my old nutes like once or twice per plant cycle ive always liked the simplicity of my nutes just feed once a week with either a or b and flush two weeks my other trouble spot . i just took a dab and feel this post is a lil long my point im stressing making is flavour how can i increase flavor.

Latest posts

Latest posts