What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tangie, is it hype or is it legit

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
I remember orange crush was big upsate ny Ithaca bingonton area outdoors early 90s,... used to kick my ass also when i was 13...

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
i just group them together because they're both great tasting lack luster pot...not suggesting that they're genetically the same(although from what i have heard tangie is just renamed agent and or cali o) not trying to stir the shit pot, but neither are anything beyond really good flav imho.

Hrpuffnkush

Golden Coast
Veteran
There a few tangies floating around , theres a grapefruit flo cross version and a mislabeled cali clone been going around since 09ish super mega tart sour no sweetness , i made S1's of and few other cross's with it ... the flavor carry's over good when crossed... hybrid plant mega frosty some late purple stress on leaves here and there never gwon the Grapefruitflo version but its all over Colorado

DJXX

Veteran
No, not at all

Cali o x (skunk x haze)

Hehehe subfool
nice score Burnside......kept two phenos....she straight up blazes you...you turn into the energizer spinning bunny...like when the bunny is doing circles...lol DJXX

Hi, I was given the last bean of six from DNA's first release and its been ok compared to other strains iv seen from DNA (e.g. Chocolope Kush). real cream orange smell but not much on the flavour (keeping in mind i should have flushed for a third week), running it once more to see if giving it a full three week flush and taking it slightly earlier day 55 instead of 65 helps any of that sweet orange cream smell translate to the taste!

Tangie week 4

Thanks S

St. Phatty

Tangie is probably legit, they're making such a big deal about it. They got Tangie, Sour Tangie, and Kosher Tangie.

I got a Kosher Tangie freebie. She was good but not great. (Kosher Kush x Tangie)

Hi, I was given the last bean of six from DNA's first release and its been ok compared to other strains iv seen from DNA (e.g. Chocolope Kush). real cream orange smell but not much on the flavour (keeping in mind i should have flushed for a third week), running it once more to see if giving it a full three week flush and taking it slightly earlier day 55 instead of 65 helps any of that sweet orange cream smell translate to the taste!

Tangie week 4

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=55839&pictureid=1303569&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Thanks S

2 weeks into flower

S

Mikenite69

Veteran
I have the original Cali-O and just like many have said she isn't the most potent in the world more like a bluedream for me all flavor and nice daytime weed that taste like orange peels(not sayif bluedream taste like orange peels) or orange cleaner. The Cali-O also yields monster buds and is a frosty girl. I was actuall surprised by the outdoor Cali-O that I pulled down she seems more potent than normal.

TheRealHash

Horticultural enthusiast
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tangie is potent though and it tasted like a bite of a tangerine when I sampled it.

Z

z-ro

Tangie is just a hybrid of cali o. An attempt to bring in a little extra punch.

TheRealHash

Horticultural enthusiast
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tangie is just a hybrid of cali o. An attempt to bring in a little extra punch.

From what I read it's crocketts selection x some clone only, then on a thread on this site I read it's a Cali-o X Skunk Hybrid.

I also read that tangerine Dream is g-13 x Nevilles A5 haze

Mikenite69

Veteran
Cali-O

Cali-O

Here are some pics of Cali-O for reference grown by mr. Goodbudz same as mine. She is in mid flower in these pics and this was the first time that he grew her. He also said she was the biggest yielding plant in his room. Oldie but goodie

Grown by Mr. Goodbudz

Stdane

Even though it dont pack a punch,it has the most unique smell and taste I had come across my thirty years of growing.This one blast reekers like Trainwreck,Cheese and Roadkill Skunk to hell in a good way of course.It's quite a transboundary experience to get such a smell & taste out of weed. S.

Relentless

Veteran
I tried tangi a year or so back, but it wasnt my own.. wasnt anything to write home about imo, but ya never know whats up when u havent grown it yourself.. looked good though. small sample.

Burnside GC

In a few weeks I'll pop these and make more

n6UsA64h.jpg

Apomixis

What makes Tangie and it's relatives so unique is the sesquiterpenoid Valencene. It has a boiling point of 253 degrees Fahrenheit so it retains it's flavor in processed extracts.
From what I read it's crocketts selection x some clone only, then on a thread on this site I read it's a Cali-o X Skunk Hybrid.

I also read that tangerine Dream is g-13 x Nevilles A5 haze

Ditto. With all due respect, I don't trust DNA or this Crockett character as far as you could throw them. While it's most plausible Tangie is descendant of Cali-O stock, it seems hard to refute Barney's introducing it to market. Their account is the version I lean towards believing, but when all parties involved have their own agendas it's a rabbit hole. I have yet to read someone make sense about it's history.

-Kanza

Heusinomics

I too received a Kosher tangie fem as a freebie from the tude.
It's been well veged in a tlo soil and seems to be showing nearly all tangie based traits so far. Longger sati looking leaves and little OG to b seen. So I will b exspecting lots of stretch, and hopefully lots of orange/tangie flav!!

I'm always suspicious of trendiness AND big business banks swooping in on "new" flavs. But I did enjoy reading about crocket and crew in the HEART OF DANKNESS! So I was kinks siked to try some out. And w All due respect but the mark Haskell smith makes it very clear that wile he did learn a lot in his writing of the book, his is NO EXPERT in ganja!
So weather Crockets offerings continue to peak interest in the market is up to us!

Latest posts

Latest posts