What's new

TALVI STINKS!

P0tChef

Todella hienoa että on taas talvi alkanut näin lumisena ja aikaisin vielä. Kyllä se lumi vaan sitä valoisuutta kummasti tuo lisää ja mieleen pirteyttä. Syksy tuntu jotenki tosi lyhkäseltä. Talvet alkaa taas muistuttaa samanlaisilta kuin silloin poikasena joskus aikoinaan. Vois opetalla laskettelemaan vaikka. Jengi kehuu niin kovasti. Ice fishing rocks! My favorite hobby in winter besides gardening. Onneks ne himopakkaset rauhottus täällä päin. Eniten just vituttaa vaatteiden määrä. Kohta alkaa taas päivät pitenemään. Jeah!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owJQsyPg10c

Piel

Veteran
PC: We ain´t seen the worst yet, most of the snow comes in Jan/Febr BUT I´ve accepted that even if I gripe talvi just won´t go away -I guess it´s love it or leave it eh?

Walking the dogs in the snow is nice as is rolling in the snow after sauna (even if I pretend to hate it).

"I will survive" Gloria Gaynor

M

Merrywanna

Whew, am I glad I got a snowplow on my ATV. Turns 4 hours into 40 minutes.

ganjamavn

Oh come on! The Guy up there once said, "Don't you worry ganjamavn. Everything I throw down on the ground, will disappear by itself" ;)

Piel

Veteran
GM: You are right, it will disappear BUT in March? April? May? My winterdepression (kaamosmasennus) was pretty bad last year...the snow is a good thing though, the asfalltijoulut are worse.
But I ain´t getting any younger. My joints (no pun intended!) ache when it´s cold.
Green Dragon helps but it sure ´takes a toll on my bud. I need to start vaping again.

M

Merrywanna

I will have to admit that it's quite beautiful outside right now, with the snow. Now that it's not bite ass cold at the moment helps too.

ganjamavn

@Merrywanna: You got that right. We're heading out into the woods with the kids and dog today. Hot chocolate and biscuits in the backpack, mmmmm!

M

McCloud

Even if you're not a huge fan of snow and cold, the smile on the kids' faces when they get outside is heartwarming!

Btw. There's nothing wrong with snow and cold unless your waiting for something/someone..

Piel

Veteran
I used to love the snow, I could fall down all day in offpist skiing but 60- I don´t even want to think about it.

How old are you guys anyway?

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
Today was nice and bright with all the new snow :)
Got to play some hockey, drink some chai, smoke some weed..

To me, the worst thing about winter is the electric bill. :)

M

Merrywanna

North of 45 and south of 50, just like ganamavn I'm going strong. Except I think that direction is on a slight downhill.
Piel its like this. When I was in my 20's and fell it was funny, in my 30's it was kinda funny but hurt. Now that I'm in my 40's and heading towards 50 it hurts like hell and I gotta check to see if I'm paralyzed.
BT aren't the electric bills averaged out throughout the year?

Pahvi

To me, the worst thing about winter is the electric bill. :)

Yep, the electricity bills in the winter stinks, electrically heating the house costs.. otherwise nothing to complain about the winter :) nice that the snow is at least enough.

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
^^ Well yea, they are. But the tasauslasku always hits like ton of bricks :)
And electricity prices always seem to go up. It's too wet, too dry, too much snow, too cold, too warm.. Up up and away!

M

Merrywanna

Thats cause the electric companies got a cartel/monopoly thing going so they can do what they want. i.e. continuously raising the rates while paying huge dividends and bonuses to top executives. i.e. while screwing the masses.

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
^^ Well yea, they are. But the tasauslasku always hits like ton of bricks :)
And electricity prices always seem to go up. It's too wet, too dry, too much snow, too cold, too warm.. Up up and away!

hey there , just listened to Jätkäjätkät ...

" Loistava biisi ja kertosäe mahtava!! Pipefesteillä livenä aivan uskomaton!! " :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvJmvAiCvGg

You have got the reggae at least to keep your heads warm ...nice music but sure would rather be in the islands mon ...am from NorCal and when we get a week of 39-40deg weather
here i'm hating it :freezing:

Don't know how u guys do it...if it weren't for a good woman (or two) , good friends , a good dog (or two!) , good reggae & good ganja to keep u warm ...and of course
theres always making fun of the swedes :biglaugh:

If i was up there in Finland , would be living in the sauna
at least 5hrs a day ...and recycling the heat from the 1000 watt'ers
in the grow room!