What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tales of a Budtender

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aota1

I have a regular med patient who is extremely fond of our top shelf Growler's flower and any other products. He gets a great price that's well below the recreational price tag. He definitely brings an enormous sense of entitlement and pot snobbery to the table. Granted I'm a pot snob. He told me he's driven 5 hours round trip to buy their dry sift and rosin in another city. We always carry the flower but we were getting in their dry sift rosin in a small amount and he heard it was coming. He showed up a couple days the week before we got it and I kept assuring him I'd let him know. I got his phone number and said I'd call and even put some on hold for him. The day before it came he called and I said it would arrive the next morning but would have to be entered into inventory along with other product coming in. He shows up first thing next day. It's there but won't be ready for sale for 30-45 minutes. He trips out and leaves.

Some background, He's maybe 24, he came in the shop months ago with a resume, some cannabis institute certificate from new England , a trustafarian attitude, and stories of squishing all the bud he buys in a hair straightener to make rosin.

I call him 10 minutes later to tell him it's good to go and talk about a funny transaction when he came back. Abuse of the medical system by far.

Aota1

I didn't really express the extent of his rudeness and frequency of his in store visits always with an attitude leading up to the day. My social Media person posted that it was in that morning and he posted 1 minute late "bullshit, I was just there!" And this was right after he left and right before I called him to come get it. Haha. He deleted his comment promptly

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What I was getting at that some ppl when they smell the buds they can't just put it near their nose they have to put it in their nose lol so I get who would want to purchase that nasty bud after every one has checked it out, those display buds don't get sold.

Peace and puffs

oh yeah, the same reason you never eat a piece of the cake that a runny nosed 9 year old just blew out the candles on.......

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Maybe some people are partial to a bit of snotted nasal hair on their bud?

I think not....lol

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I didn't really express the extent of his rudeness and frequency of his in store visits always with an attitude leading up to the day. My social Media person posted that it was in that morning and he posted 1 minute late "bullshit, I was just there!" And this was right after he left and right before I called him to come get it. Haha. He deleted his comment promptly

I hear ya Aota, some of the comments ppl make really let you know what a bullshitter they are ...oh I was jack herers bodyguard or I've been growing for years and they buy 3 grams of buds lol that will last you a long time heheehe
I wish edibles worked better fr me, I ate a 300 mg bag of watermelon slices and didn't feel a thing ...most ppl seem to get really high but I have yet to find one , there's a 1000 mg brownie but it probably has a canna taste and I don't like that, has to hide the taste.

Do you guys test all the edibles flowers and concentrates or require the vendors have the medicine be tested? I've found edibles are variable because most people who make them don't know a thing about chemistry.

First you need to determine the % of active cannabinoids in the oil or bud being added to the recipe then you can determine based on that what the mg per dose is, for example if something is 75% THC then 1 gram has 750 mg and if that gram was evenly distributed in to the batter or candy syrup etc and 100 1 gram candies get made you'd have 7.5mg THC peer candy.

That's the other key, even distribution ...a good emulsifier is pricey

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Hmm..

Hmm..

I wish edibles worked better fr me, I ate a 300 mg bag of watermelon slices and didn't feel a thing ...most ppl seem to get really high but I have yet to find one ,

there's a 1000 mg brownie but it probably has a canna taste and I don't like that, has to hide the taste.

I make consistently potent CocoCanna Oil without the Canna taste.

The keys are to decarb your weed and determine its potency. I use a MagicButter Machine for consistent results. (Just a happy customer)

I generally make 60mg or 90mg Snickerdoodle Cookies:party: wish I could share!

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I make consistently potent CocoCanna Oil without the Canna taste.

The keys are to decarb your weed and determine its potency. I use a MagicButter Machine for consistent results. (Just a happy customer)

I generally make 60mg or 90mg Snickerdoodle Cookies:party: wish I could share!

Nice 420! Maybe someday we can have some puffs and try your cookies and give you crap about the Dodgers lol
We have the magic butter machine at the shop we sell, the boss uses it to make her topicals works great!

theJointedOne

Veteran
The korova brand of edibles is pretty potent and affordable.

They make it up to 1000mg I think. I ate a quarter of their 500mg cookie and was ripped, but I have a low tolerance, especially for someone who's puffin daily for years.

I also enjoy the Edipure brand gummies, they are 10mg each and there is 25 in a pack. Again ive got a low tolerance so one or two gummies is great for chilling. Not a fan of the coloring and gelatin but whatever they work well for discreetness.

That Jimmy crack corn is great too. Definitely easy to put down a bag just with the flavor of them.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Do you guys test all the edibles flowers and concentrates or require the vendors have the medicine be tested? I've found edibles are variable because most people who make them don't know a thing about chemistry.

First you need to determine the % of active cannabinoids in the oil or bud being added to the recipe then you can determine based on that what the mg per dose is, for example if something is 75% THC then 1 gram has 750 mg and if that gram was evenly distributed in to the batter or candy syrup etc and 100 1 gram candies get made you'd have 7.5mg THC peer candy.

That's the other key, even distribution ...a good emulsifier is pricey

Almost all the Edibles have the mg amounts on the packaging, with directions on how much to take, some have the strains that they use.

Well it's croptober so let's see what comes in the door soon, I'm sure there are already plants being trimmed. The sherrif is busy busting lots of gardens. There is an all out ban on growing if you live in the county but that didn't stop a lot of growers.
Hope you all are having a great weekend, Giants are beating the Dodgers so it's a real good day!! lol
:thank you:

Green Squall

I also enjoy the Edipure brand gummies, they are 10mg each and there is 25 in a pack. Again ive got a low tolerance so one or two gummies is great for chilling. Not a fan of the coloring and gelatin but whatever they work well for discreetness.

I remember hearing about cannabis mints at 10mg. Maybe less processed than gummies?

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here they come, all the out door growers are showing up. This girl came in the other day with some cannabis to vend and the owner is looking at it, breaking the stem to see if it's even dry and the stem just bends, no snap at all, so my boss asks why it's still so damp and she said when she was trimming it it got really dry so they remoistened it lol.....didn't take it.

This guy calls and asks when we are vending I said not till after the first we are all full right now. He says oh but she's going to want to see this is really good, I said I'm not trying to be a bitch but EVERYONE says that! He said he would call back in a few weeks lol

It's such a wonderful time of year heheh

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
Lmao! I bet all the growers that actually know wtf they are doing are waiting out the outdoor cannarush! Atleast their stuff will be dry! :biglaugh:

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
Weird I agree,
Everyone is jumping on the weed money train...but when the commercial/corporate moguls like Phillip Morris jump in the game for real, the whole picture is going to massively change forever.

The ironic if not disgusting thing is this, willie and the marleys should know this one real well.

Weed money isn't new, either is cultivation in this country, the weed black market has been peacefully padding the back pockets of lower and middle class America being the difference between make it or fail for many people.

funny people fell in love with the weed because some dude know one knew at the other end of the bag made sure it was there in the first place.

Gry

Veteran
Neat thread. It has been odd watching the local shop evolve from a mellow look to something more akin to a candy counter at a seven eleven. I would be inclined to agree with the poster that pointed out the lack of integrity in the pen/ cartridge biz.
I will be looking forward to more stories.

Team Sift

Plus one on great thread.
Found our some interesting tit bits
( you guys might say 'tid bits')
And cool storys too.

Didn't know you couldn't sell bho.

Have you had people trying to vend it as co2 made?

solofoe

I wonder how the stories are in the states with recreational. I visited OR a few months after they legalized rec. There. And I was the touristy goober going all googly eyed over all the different offerings.
I told the lady behind the counter that this would be my first legal weed purchase and although it's probably not a big deal for her but it was pretty damned epic for me.... like a profoundly freeing moment.

Aota1

When we started rec sales on October 1 2015, we were giving a lot of people their receipt to frame. It's a big deal for America. I miss many parts of the black market but it feels good to not worry

Status
Not open for further replies.