What's new

T5, Maxigrow and Waterfarm grow.

CaStoner

Another season another grow I'm going all the way with T-5 this time just to see the results.
Using 2, 6 bulb system, 324 watts each side only used for a month.
picture.php

11/25 Using Maxigrow, some Dolomite, AN Barricade.
picture.php

Flipped the switch at 4 foot on 12/03. Redid the floor using pond liner.
picture.php

I been rotating them, side branches they grow huge!
picture.php

This one really bushy. No clones I grow from seeds.
picture.php

CaStoner

Thanks, I added another 4 bulb system I had, so total 16 bulbs will see how it does.
picture.php

Starting with a mixture of bulbs will switch to all bloom later.
picture.php

A

AshitMyself

Excellent grow them plants are huge...can ii ask are the drippers on 24/7 ?

CaStoner

Thanks the drippers are on every 1/2 hr.

Cleaned up the bottom for air flow, cut all the minor stuff out.
picture.php

picture.php

Some minor supercropping to bring lights closer.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

2 Legal Co

Veteran
I'd say you'll do really well. That's way more tubes than I use, and I'm not complaining.

My 8 tube 4'er is all I use 432 watts. So yes, enjoy the grow.

subbed for the duration.

Also, I only use 6500K tubes. No half and half anymore. Just daylight, full on. Only difference is I scrog, and grow in dirt.

hoping to learn a bit.

CaStoner

Thanks guys, So all day bulbs even in Flower? I started with 6500k and only in the last few weeks of veg did I go half and half, now I'm all blooms bulbs.

The Good new is last month Electrical bill was only $110 compare to $250 with the HPS, power supply, and all the fans just to keep it cool enough.

I'm been slowly rotating them so each plants gets some of the vertical lighting hoping to fatten up the side buds. Yeah I was soil for years, but I made the jump to hydro and never looked back, but I grew the best tasting and most powerful smoke in soil though, never again matched by hydro.

2 Legal Co

Veteran
And the best source we could find was 1000bulbs.com,,,, I'm not connected to them in any way.

I've heard that Grand Junction, Colo., has a hydro store that pretty much matches their prices though..... but it's 3 plus hours drive time to get there. So no, I'll continue to ship them in.

The vertical lighting is something I haven't done myself, yet. Had a friend who did T8s--- two on each corner vertical 4'ers. They did seem to make the popcorn much larger. Run was two each Durbin Poison. Quite a bit of additional electricity for the return however.

I'm not sure that you'd want to run T5s on the corners vertical,,, as they burn hotter than the T8s and will definitely toast your plant if contacted. Just rambling here. Hope to be in some way helpful.

I'm thinking the T5s hung like a roof (as in your pic) merits attention and I'm hoping that it'll prove productive. 12 tubes over 8 square feet, that'd be 60,000 lumens, or 7K lumens plus, per square foot.... good numbers.

LEDfoot

I forget who it was that posted here . . . he tested grows using all bloom T5 lamps during flower, half-n-half, and 6500K. The best yield was 6500K all the way through.

CaStoner

Thanks Guys well I bought a case 25 bloom bulbs from HTG Supply came out like $4.48 each, the 6500k just came with the system. Well will see how it does.
3 Weeks update.
The Bushy one no supercropping here too short, one week ahead.
picture.php

3.5 feet, looking good.
picture.php

About a week behind due to supercropping.
picture.php

Well she hit the 5 foot mark.
picture.php

What side lighting did, I'm thinking this is where the yield will really come from. Even the stem gets some light.
picture.php

CaStoner

Thanks man if this works out no more HPS those days are over, and the huge electrical bill.
Forgot I still had some left ran out of bloom long ago. What I'm feeding them now is reversed Osmosis water, 5 table spoon of Molasses, 5 ml micro per gallon and Maxibloom E.C 1.4
picture.php

CaStoner

Well it came in I added 30ml per 5 gallons, with some Maxibloom brought the E.C up to 1.4.
picture.php

The bushy one I had to spread her out.:biggrin:
picture.php

picture.php

The sea crop grow.
picture.php

CaStoner

The way I run my waterfarm is to keep it simple. I used to run chillers etc and it was all overkill, a couple wraps with reflective kept water temp down, never had any root problems or anything really no pest.
I don't use the res or controller individual is better for me. I also stop chasing PH problems end up doing more harm than good and a toxic mix. I have G.E Merlin reversed osmosis system I just let the plants tell me how much food they want. I can change out the solution from the level hose, flush etc. I run the dripper 1/2 on and 1/2 hour off seems to like the drying period also if you run it 24hr hard to get a good read on E.C due to some evaporation occurring.

There is also a 3 inch air stone in each bucket and running G.H Bluestone air pump.

The most common problems I see with new hydro growers is they forget to check what already inside the container, They say wow she drinking a lot of nutes so they add more, but what's really happening is the nutes is already too hot some from drippers being on 24/7 and she drinking a lot of water to compensate and now you adding more nutes to an already high E.C and you end up with fried plants.

I feed the plants and then take a sample measure the E.C every few hours to see which way she going. When the E.C is close she hardly drinks well not so fast anyways.

By the way I'm using real old hydroton high salt content I wash and wash I heard you can't ordered the clay stuff anymore anyways I grow them in soil 1st and let them get large enough and then wash the roots and transfer over to the Hydroton if they are big enough they will survive if not the will die, my fault I transfer to early and these 2 out 8 survived.