What's new

T5 756W closet of BLOOM

D

Dr. Cannastein

From ~ 3+ years experience using a 432w Quantum Bad Boy hot5, the hidden cost of replacement bulbs adds up fast

With some led panels, there is separate o/o switches for veg and flower, which is a big help.

Attempting to change out 4ft bulbs over a grow is a PITA

long term i can not speak to HOT5's viability, short term and especially for reducing start up costs I wouldnt hesitate to grab them again.

In regards to spectrum i run mixed the full cycle, so i only had to buy a handful of red tubes since most HOT5's usually ship with all blue. So no need for bulb changes mid grow.

Now with all that said i am looking at LED's for my upscale since i would rather run T5's over HID. Thinking i may check out a LUSH or one of those big cali ones.

D

Dr. Cannastein

:shucks: awww heck I cant thank ya'll enough.

Givin how much this shrinks upon drying i cant wait to get a final dry weight in a few days.

BenAndChons

long term i can not speak to HOT5's viability, short term and especially for reducing start up costs I wouldnt hesitate to grab them again.

In regards to spectrum i run mixed the full cycle, so i only had to buy a handful of red tubes since most HOT5's usually ship with all blue. So no need for bulb changes mid grow.

Now with all that said i am looking at LED's for my upscale since i would rather run T5's over HID. Thinking i may check out a LUSH or one of those big cali ones.

Thanks for the replies Doc and Flora. I'm working with a very limited amount of space initially so I'm thinking a vert scrog will be the best way to make the most of what I've got. Probably gonna end up going with a 400 or 600 watt HID in a 3x3 tent, but have been debating on starting out with a t5 since it would still be useful even once I upscale. And aside from cost, they obviously use much less energy and put off less heat.

Lots to think about for sure. Seeing these kind of colas from a t5 definitely is a game changer :tiphat:

D

Dr. Cannastein

ZZTops is the one that almost took exactly what I had been designing in my head and proved it was a solid concept, even if only till I can afford to upgrade.

It was just a no brainer after seeing the T5 club on here :peacock: bushing it out, plus the hid+ ventilation and or LED cost nearly what I on my entire setup.

:biggrin: oh yea and this happened.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 5
D

Dr. Cannastein

Sorry bad pic, I'm spent but feel very satisfied with my crop. I'll get a better pic and total weight up soon.

Gotta grabs me a scale and some mason jars.

:tiphat: 'night m8's

P.S. I filled a total of four 2' rings, two per plant.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 7

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the replies Doc and Flora. I'm working with a very limited amount of space initially so I'm thinking a vert scrog will be the best way to make the most of what I've got. Probably gonna end up going with a 400 or 600 watt HID in a 3x3 tent, but have been debating on starting out with a t5 since it would still be useful even once I upscale. And aside from cost, they obviously use much less energy and put off less heat.

Lots to think about for sure. Seeing these kind of colas from a t5 definitely is a game changer :tiphat:

If you can swing $750 an Amare SS 260 would be great (see my thread) or, 2 x 150 @ $375; discount on the 2-3rd light, purchased whenever.

My next choice would be cmh. There's an awesome thread on IC

D

Dr. Cannastein

Hey Dr do you have a favorite manufacture or t5 bulbs for veg?
Thanks

Haven't played around with it, I did this run with the generic 64k that come with sunblaze t5's plus I ordered a few red generic from the same online retailer as one of those deals. So I am left with spares of each wich is nice.

DrFever

Veteran

If you can swing $750 an Amare SS 260 would be great (see my thread) or, 2 x 150 @ $375; discount on the 2-3rd light, purchased whenever.

For 750 dollars i could get 650 true watts of sunblaster T5 HO's and destroy that SS260 LED in growth rates as well as yields i am pretty sure
PS by the way what is true out put power of that Amare SS260

My next choice would be cmh. There's an awesome thread on IC

Sure there is a thread on there but again not a hell of alot of pictures yea think as well paying 400 bucks for a 315 agro or what ever or close to it does not make sense one bit to me
?????
Think about it for 400 bucks i would have 2000 watts yo yo hangers , wing bulb 2 - 3 year warranty on it and still have 100 bucks in my pocket and pull 5 .19 pounds how many pounds you going to pull of that 400 dollar 315 watt set up :biggrin:
I think i am going to go out today and buy all new sunblasters 48 " long ones 315 watts worth and destroy the 315 CMH bulb in all aspects of growth and yield cause again i will be able to have blasters 1 " from my girls how close can the agro's go or that led and coverage AREA cause 48 " is 48 " long t5 ho lol

Hey Dr do you have a favorite manufacture or t5 bulbs for veg?
Thanks

DC Sunblasters kick ass
http://sunblasterlighting.com/t5-fixtures.php

Attachments

• picture587h.jpg
    picture587h.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 9
  • 0dzg.jpg
    0dzg.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 5
  • picture446e.jpg
    picture446e.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 5
  • picture501z.jpg
    picture501z.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 6
  • picture558d.jpg
    picture558d.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 6
D

Dr. Cannastein

Trimmed up WA#1 (plant on the left) and I have some final dry numbers. Watusi (WA#2 plant on the right) still looks like it's got another day or so in the dryer.

WA#1 73g for a total of 2.5 ounces :dance013:
(would have been closer to three but Iv been sampling over the past few weeks) :biggrin:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 8
D

Dr. Cannastein

Tally

Tally

2.5+ oz. off of each plant. Got some in jars burping down, and vac packed two little samples of each.

:dance013:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 11

Borderliner

Hi

didn't read the whole thread but with my first grow was going to use the same t5's, mine are vhos, in flowering but when flip time got close went with hps. my question is do you think you got the same yield you could have if you had used hps?